Ratings for Dr. Rakesh Patel

You leave message after message and they never call you with results in a timely manner. You might get a call back but it is a month later. Then when they do call you back they say labs are not there when they have been there for weeks. Their voice mail actually says the operator is not available and then disconnects you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr Patel is excellent. I had an enlarged thyroid which he consistently monitored until it reach a stage where it had to be removed. His bedside manner is beyond reproach. I am not, however, pleased with the practice of putting you off to PA's without being told of the change until you reach the office for the appointment. I believe my appointment is with Dr. Patel and not an assistant. His staff is friendly enough but not exceptionally competent or helpful. My grade indicates this problem.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Worst I can imagine. Whats the point of going to a doctor if you cant get any results? You cant get results because they dont answer the phone. They dont send records to other doctors. They dont call insurance companies. They dont call customers back.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Rakesh patel is very knowledgable in his field of Endocronology,responsible,caring doctor. he has good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

This doctor is the worst I have ever seen. Its been three months and their staff is absolutely unresponsive and rude. I wont recommend this doctor to even my worst enemies...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

My wife has been coming to this office for a while now and the response from this office is pathetic to say the least. nobody would ever attend your phone call or ever going to call you back no matter what the situation is. every time you try to reach the doctor or doctor's nurse, it goes to an automated voice mail saying that calls would be returned in 24 hours. total BS. never got a call from this office ever. we are writing this review after going to this office for about 2 years. don't know why we took this crap for so long. shame on us. would not recommend this doctor or office to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I went to this doctor for low bone density for 4 years, but in the end I thought he was using my condition to charge for a bone density exam (has equipment in office) & then send me on my way. Also prescribed Vit D based on 1 borderline blood result (no harm, but poor science). Also prescribed more serious medications but his treatment suggestions seemed to change at every appointment but not due to any consistenty reasoning. Could never determine why I had low bone density, because I had zero risk factors. My email would get monthly reminders about diabetes treatments, even though I don't have diabetes. If I had to cancel or reschedule an appointment, it sometimes wouldn't take (maybe his staff didn't enter it) & they would try to charge me for a missed visit. Phone tree for office is very lengthy & hard to navigate. Not sure why Endocrinology and Psychiatry are paired at this practice. I would NOT recommend Dr. Patel for bone density issues.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr. Patel is a caring, organized, knowledgable doctor. He also has a great sense of humor. His staff is always friendly and takes care of all of my and my daughter's needs.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

I've had Hashimotos hypothyroid for many years...had highs and lows and many endos trying to find a way to "feel better". Dr. Patel was open to my thoughts and ideas to my treatment plan. He did not prescribe the meds I preferred but he explained why. I did my research and presented options to him. He listened and made adjustments after careful consideration. My levels are good and I feel great! I think Dr Patel respects the patient and quality of life we all want. He is the professional and I respect his approach.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

I've only seen him once but I spoke about all concerns. He requested a large amount of lab work. I am going today to talk over results. His willness to help and do what he could to get answers that I need. Thank you

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Rakesh Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1998)