Ratings for Dr. Carole J. Peterson

She is a very bad doctor. She left one gauze in patient's body when she did C section.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Peterson for 32 years-since I was 28. She was a resident at SMH when I first met her. She did a hysterectomy on me at that time. I had slight issues the night of surgery and she sat on my bedside until I was back to baseline. She was always very kind and genuine with me and always remembered the names of my children, never once did I see her that she did not ask about them and all my grandchildren. I followed her from practice to practice and was truly devastated when she moved out of state. I was thrilled that my daughter in law chose her for her OB and she did the delivery of my last grandchild. Dr. Peterson is a true gem as a person and awesome doctor! I miss her!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I too have had dr Peterson for some time. Each time I had seen her she was very cold and rude. She rushed in quickly and had told me she wldnt be working at the same place anymore. It's prob because of all the negative reviews she had had. Aim switching from Women's Gynocology and Childbirth center to a different practice. Another dr there that's rude is dr florescue. Stay way from this practice!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Dr Peterson was always a wonderful and caring doctor. She always put patient comfort and safety first. In all my years in her care there were only a few times that I had a bad experience but that was the fault of the staff (one time they put me in a room and after no doctor appeared after 45 minutes I left) apparently they neglected to put that flap out on the door to signal a patient was inside and awaiting a doctor. After they realized I had left they telephoned me to apologize and then sent a letter expressing their apology. Dr Peterson helped me through a difficult miscarriage and then the high risk birth of my child.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Very caring and thorough. I feel very confident I'm getting the best care

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

I had two high risk pregancies under her care and the result was two beautiful healthy kids. She is a very caring doctor with a sense of humor. That said, she is in a HUGE practice with many doctors and patients, the office staff is unfriendly and run people through like a factory. They don't answer phones, don't give the doctors messages, leave people waiting in waiting rooms, and are rude. I have been with her for 21 years and hate to leave but my experiences with the office staff are making me want to.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

My labor was induced. After two days of labor my epidural wore off, the pitocin was killing me with contractions every 1 min, I had pushed for 1hr with no movement of my son. I was exhausted, spiked a fever and seriously thought I was going to die. She came in to see me (I saw her maybe 5 minutes total during whole labor) and I said "I can't do this anymore" and she said "I leave and you lose the will to live?!". Yeah, that about sums her up. My husband was livid.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

I was in my early 20's about 6 years ago, and having a persistent problem which was not identified at the time. This practice is so large that I could only get in to see a nurse, unless I was scheduled months in advance. During the few appointments I did have with Peterson, she was very cold, curt with her comments, and fast. During my last appointment with Peterson...after many months of unhelpful visits with nurses, she attempted to diagnose me, and began rambling off a treatment which included some very intensive procedures...which should have been explained more thoroughly, with more sensitivity, and should have warranted more than 10 minutes of her time. This doctor, in my opinion, is taking on more patients than she can handle, and as a result she offers poor quality of care. Luckily, once I left Peterson I found another doctor that I've been very happy with. Bedside manner is everything. Ironically, I've met 3 random people who have had Peterson with similar bad experiences.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2007

Dr. Carole J. Peterson's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1980)