Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Lakin

I've been seeing dr Doug off and on for over 10 years, one of the best Doctors around. Very knowledgable, and professional. Truly a TOP DOC..!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Dr. Lakin is an amazing Doctor. He always takes the time to sit down and talk to me and ask how my family is. Even though I find myself waiting in the waiting room longer than my previous doctor's, I find the wait well worth it. ****I had a sore throat once and he sent me home with prescriptions and "the magic bullet." That's when he handed me a can of Chicken Noodle Soup.**** I can always get ahold of him by email. He's a Doctor who really cares.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Does not give patients the time and attention needed....double or triple books appointments so the wait time is unreasonable

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

My daugher saw Dr. Lakin twice. The front office said they would file claims with Blue Cross. It's been over a month and Blue Cross never got the claims. They forgot to write her appt. in their book and they were very rude to her about it. She had her appt. card with her so they begrudgingly said they would "work her in". The Dr. did nothing to help her. She has extreme swelling in her leg and also her throat, causing difficulty in breathing. All he did was tell her she is eating too much salt. He did not examine her throat though she is hypothyroid. She is now back with her old doctor who has examined her and concluded she needs a CAT scan for all of the nodes and enlarged thyroid gland, and also an ultrasound on her leg for possible blood clots. Dr. Lakin should have examined her and found all of this. He was very arrogant and rude. He discussed her case with my mother (one of his patients) though he was NOT given permission to do so by my daughter. My daughter may have thyroid cancer

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

My wife and I have lived in various areas throughout the U.S. Dr. Lakin and his staff are absolutely the best team of medical people we have ever encountered. Dr. Lakin is just so medically knowledgeable and he totally cares about his patients.....He is terrific...no doctors compare to him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Takes AZ Foundation Insurance. Very experienced, welcoming staff. State of the Art Technology. I'm an R.N., and looked for 2 years before finding the right doctor, and Doctor Doug is The One.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

My family has been going to Dr. Lakin for more than 10 years, and he has always been medically savvy and personally caring. He asks pertinent questions and listens to the answers. When a medical mystery arises, he does his homework to find the solution. He has been inordinately patient with my elderly mother's many phone calls, and he was very supportive through two major medical crises in the family. When appropriate, Dr. Lakin is also a great resource for specialists around the Valley. As further confirmation of his skills, I have been told numerous times by nurses and other medical professionals that Dr. Lakin is one of the best docs around.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

After several years with Dr. Lakin we have to look for a new Dr. While Dr. Lakin is a wonderful Dr., his staff is increasingly rude and disorganized. We have had too many negative experiences.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

Love this Dr. too! He is bright, funny and always very interested and compassionate toward our family.Yes, he is an amazing Dr!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

dr. lakin is the closest dr. to perfect i think there is. i am a medical mystery to almost all 25 docs i've ever seen. he cares for his patients only as an indivdual. meaning, he does research on the patient themselves past and present. he will look up right in front of you ,problems ,meds,symptoms anything to get his patients on the right track to wellness. you dont have to worry about his office being over booked or behind.he has only so many patients that he knows he can care for and not one more. dr. lakin has been there for me over the last 11 yrs. i thank the lord every day for dr. lakin. he is thee #1 doctor in my families book. thank you for listening

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

Dr. Douglas M. Lakin's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)