Ratings for Dr. Jonathan A. Erber

First off, his staff is near incompetent. There is almost no communication between the doctor and the staff, so they are both ill-informed. As for the doctor himself, he misdiagnosed me and ordered the same tests multiple times, requiring me to pay out of pocket for these extra unnecessary tests. He has cancelled appointments at the last minute and will meet with you for 5 minutes to give you test results and charge you a full copay. I would suggest to steer clear of this doctor & this office!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Usually you can get an appointment the next day, I should know that for a specialist this is not a good sign, but I took it. What a mistake! All he wants to do is endoscopies, both ends mind you, whatever pays. How a doc can determine that a patient he sees for the first time, without any examination or letting me explain what's going on, that endoscopy is needed? He has $$$$ signs in his eyes the moment you enter his office. TERRIBLE!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

The younger Dr Erber seemed extremely knowledgable, but the old man needs 2 retire. His own staff told me 2 switch, but would deny it if I said anything. The old man kept denying he had received my blood reports from my PCP, when in fact, they were right on his computer screen but he didn't know he had 2 scroll. He found this funny. He also got loud with me in his office because I told him I intended 2 go to Mt Sinai for a 2nd opinion. Loudly and like a little kid, he shouted, you wanna go to Mt Sinai? You wanna go there? Go ahead! They'll tell you the same thing... Cirrhosis of the liver! Cirrhosis of the liver! Patients waiting in the packed waiting area were leaning out of their chairs to see what all the fuss was about. 10 miutes prior to his outburst, he was insisting I didn't have cirrhosis. He only changed his tune when he finally scrolled the computer screen and saw my blood report. Also administered a colonoscopy despite reading a CT-scan report saying I had diverticulitis...

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

I went to Dr. Erber Jr. after doing thorough research online. I was a little put off as they do not accept credit/debit card, maybe that was my price to have presumed that. Dr. Erber and his team have a pleasant personality. Half of your worried are over by speaking to him. He listens attentively to you and asks all the relevant questions. My previous treatment was being done in India and he was a little unfamiliar with the medicines that I was taking. He reached out to his colleagues for further information and inquiry into my medicines. He didn't perform any tests unnecessarily and suggested to make use of my tests done earlier. He made all the right recommendations and suggested me to return in a month's time. I am very relieved after starting the regime recommended by him and would return to him soon. I highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

awful waited for abot 2 hours but only seen him 2 minutes and basically did nothing for me whatsoever

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

The staff and doctor was very friendly; no waiting. The doctor was extremely caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

Dr. Erber was very concerned and caring when it came to my problem. He was always available too! He is young but very knowledgeable. Combined with Dr. Erber Senior, the two make an excellent pair and I feel fortunate to have found such compassionate doctors.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009