Ratings for Dr. Gina Pender

After having Dr. Pender for 10 years as our GP her "practices" has grown to be too reliant on the regid hospital policies and and less on common sense. She has passed the buck to too many other specialists to be responsive to her regular patience. LOOK ELSE WHERE for regular care.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Fairbanks is a far away community and its often hard to attract quality physicians to the far north. But, we in Fairbanks are lucky to have Dr. Pender and I certainly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Pender and her practice. The wait time for my appointment was very brief (I was in the waiting room only 5 minutes at a peak time of the day) and desk staff and assistants couldn't have been any friendlier. Dr. Pender is very knowledgeable, took lots of notes on her laptop and seemed genuinely concerned about my needs. My doctor was extremely informed about the condition I came in for and gave me options and answered my many questions. I was impressed by her 'bedside manner' and her desire to help me better myself on my own as well as with medication. I left her office feeling more empowered and knowledgeable, as well as hopeful for a better outcome with her assistance. I would highly recommend Dr. Gina Pender to anyone needing a quality, consciencous and caring physician.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Great doctor. Listened to all my questions and was very compassionate based on my condition. She ask questions that I did not expect which really helped her to figure out the medications I needed. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Very helpful, answered all of my questions and didn't seem rushed to leave or anything. Knowledgeable too, and as personable as I want my doctor to be. Wish I'd gone to her sooner.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I'm from the Detroit area and have found Dr. Pender to be every bit as competent as the doctors I experienced while living there. I like the fact that she documents everything using her laptop. She asks lots of questions. Due to her note taking every visit makes sense in the treatment of the "whole" person. While she's not effusive, I've found her sense of humor is in tact and professional. I don't trust effusive people anyways...they gotta be hiding something!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I stopped seeing her after I went for an annual physical and she never even touched my body! She spent the whole time on her computer, asking me questions that I had already answered before. I had just turned 50 and I had to ask her whether I should schedule a colonoscopy, have blood work done, etc. Frankly I was insulted by the waste of time and money I spent on my "physical" with her.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Pender was helpful, informative,and thorough. She established a good rapport with me and went the extra mile to prepare me for upcoming surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Pender appears to be knowledgeable and caring. She makes appropriate suggestions and encourages me to be proactive in my health care. While she isn't effusive, she is nice and appears genuine. TVC is a very busy clinic. She's always managed to follow through on phoned in requests for prescription questions and requests. Dr. Pender appears to be well-adjusted and does have a good sense of humor...again, she's not effusive. I wouldn't be going to her if I didn't think she was capable. I'm from Ann Arbor in Michigan and had access to some excellent doctors and I think she measures up to any doctor I've had in the past. In fact, she spends more time than any doctor I've had with regard to questioning.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

I've seen Gina Pender three times over three years. Each time she was professional, polite, asked all the right questions, referred me to the specialists I requested, and was generally curious and helpful. She does not come across as warm or nurturing but has provided wonderful care.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Wanted to prescribe unneeded medicine. I suspect she got paid for this prescription.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

Dr. Gina Pender's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Workers Comp