Ratings for Dr. Brian J Ridyard

Wow, I have a feeling that all these positive reviews were written by this man's family, or maybe by his staff. After an episiotomy "repair", and having my tubes tied, he suggested that I would get back to work in a few days. He suggested I take extra strength tylenol for the pain, but I ended up going to my own doctor for pain killers. I was not even able to SIT for over a week, much less return to work. This was a few years ago, and I am stunned that he is still practicing. Avoid this quack at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr.R helped me through a complicated twins prgncy. I had heard that he was abrupt but GREAT and that was what I needed. Most people gave airs because I was 20 with a complicated prgncy- however I never felt that from Dr R- he told me what I needed to know and answered what I asked but there wasn't any coddling and I was actually grateful for it. He isn't rude- I had figured out he was probably cautious--would you want to stir up emotions in pregnant women all day?--he's Very smart :)! I requested to be passed to his office with my second caesarian and tubectomy. This pregnancy was just as complicated as the 1st 8years prior and it seemed I was getting a sonogram or at GVH every week. And he always told me not to hesitate to come see him if I was worried. When I met him to schedule the C-sect/tubectomy he tried to mention the typical reasons women may regret having tubes tied-I told him bluntly that I wan't going through that again! And he finally gave me a real smile! LOL! Thx DrR!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Ridyard cared for me during an extremely complicated pregnancy. My daughter was born by emergency c-section at 26 weeks gestation. Coming from a medical family, we knew he was the best. He gave us wonderful care. He also performed my hysterectomy and bi-lateral oophorectomy due to a tumour years later when I was 34, and I recovered well and am thankfully healthy today. My dealings with him were based on serious and life threatening matters and I found him quite positive and supportive to me. Maybe some of you are just complainers.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Had a few surgeries done by him Last one was for a cyst but he took out my ovary too (wasn't too happy about that).Lacking bedside manner. Can never hear him. Best in his field I'm told.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Not a man of many words and certainly not one to coddle needy patients. However he is very caring, very knowledgable and VERY qualified for the job. He delivered all three of my children (now teens) and I wouldn't have had it any other way!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

This is the perfect example of a very good doctor ,, who has little time for coddling needy patients. He treated saw me for all three of my deliveries( diabetes). He visited me when I was hospitalized before due date,, even though at that point I was not under his direct care,, he does smile and talk, but not alot, and he is a thoughtful man. When I first got pregnant and needed to see a specialist I asked my GP for the BEST doctor, not for me, but for my baby,, I wanted a live child,, not a coddled pregnancy. She recommended him, said he had poor bedside manner,. but he really was the best at keeping mom and babes healthy and safe. My dad and MIL both worked at VGH,, both in surgical department( nurse and or tech) and they both concurred he was a great doctor.. If you need to be coddled, don't bother, if you want a safe pregnancy with best possible outcome ,, then take him and get over his aloofness. He is not casual about medicine , just about people.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

My daughter had surgery twice with this Dr not only was he rude and uncaring but he was uneccesarily brutal and left her in a great deal of pain and bruised from the chin to the knees with a simple laparoscopy. They had to give her morphine for the pain. Second was an emergency cessarian and again major pain and bruising. I wish this on no one and he should be reported.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Apparently he's the best as far as expertise in his field, but his people skills leave quite a lot to be desired. He treated me briefly during complications in my first pregnancy, and I found he did nothing to make me feel better about what was going on. I was much happier with all the other OB/GYNs who consulted on my case and was glad to have my C-section performed by someone else.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Saw him regarding infertility. He misdiagnosed it twice- once telling me I was in early menopause and then assuming I had a personality disorder. He perscribed hormone treatmentsi did not need and treated me with what felt like contempt. A year or so later I cahnged doctors, got diagnosed with a rare form of ovarian cancer, had surgery and was able to conceive. We have a healthy and happy girl now, no thanks to Dr. Ridyard.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

He delivered my twins, via planned c-section. I kept hearing he was "a man of few words" so I couldn't wait to meet him! While he didn't talk a lot, he did spend time with us and our babies in the days after the delivery. He is a wonderful man and highly skilled, caring and compasionate. My incision healed perfectly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008