Ratings for Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

6 years ago I was recommended to this doctor for a torn rotator cuff injury by my primary orthopedist who claimed he was one of the best. WHAT a disappointment ! This doctor may know his stuff but a patient would never know it because this man thinks he's God and he's doing YOU a FAVOR by seeing you. The receptionist that met met me at the window sounded like a cigarette and beer bottle bar broad and was accusatory in my lack of providing documents that were faxed directly to that practice (she eventually found them THERE !) He spoke down to me as if I were a complete moron, and even rejected and stopped me in the middle of describing what my Ortho had told me by saying, " I'LL TELL WHAT THE MRI INDICATES! - I DON'T NEED DR. SO-AND-SO's OPINION !" When I went back to my ortho to go over D'Agostini's report I told my Doc, " Before I would let this guy TOUCH me - I would have my VETERINARIAN perform the necessary surgery!" This doctor is so full of himself and constipated that you couldn't shove a rice kernel up his butt with a SLEDGE HAMMER!!! I cannot FATHOM what it would be like to work for him or what his poor wife and family must endure! STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! (I don't care HOW MANY pictures and NFL, NHL, MLB autographed Jerseys he has on his wall. !!! HE'S UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED !!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I had a tibia plateau fracture back in 2015. Dr. Dags was recommended by another doctor at TriCounty and said he’ll take good care of me. I looked up the reviews and saw all the negative comments, and me, not being a person who handles confrontation well, thought about finding a different doctor. But, that would have been a mistake. He is an awesome doctor and took care of me well. I had no problems with him as a person either. He spent nearly an hour with me in the hospital on my release day after the surgery. But he is no-nonsense, to the point, and all business. If you can accept that in a doctor and not expect to be babied and pampered, you will like him and get great care. When I was waiting for the surgery to begin, another doctor was there and I told him the nature of the break and he paled a bit and then said – Don’t worry about it, Dr. Dags will fix it perfectly. Indeed he did. On a last note, on several occasions, other health care professionals in the hospital and at tricounty, indicated to me that Dr. Dags like me based on how he was treating me and taking care. I did feel that him and I had a connection.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Came with back in my hip, was told it's bursitis and got injection. When I asked will it help Dr. crossed his fingers and said let's hope it will. I was suppose to be on meds for a month and seek for physical therapy which I did. Nothing helped. Second day in a row I'm trying to get and appt with doctor to get prescription for an MRI meanwhile I'm not mobile, took a second day from work as I can't even shower on my own from pain. So at this point I was scheduled with another doctor next week (no idea how I'm going to deal with pain till then).

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Rude arrogant, and he cheats on his wife he is volatile and throws childish tantrums

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Robert D'Agostini has to be one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I too, as many others have commented, found him to be extremely rude and arrogant. He operated on my foot and was unable to correct my problem. Ironically, a doc from Tri-county fixed it.... I see he is now part of the Tri-county team! Yikes. I will stay far away from them now too!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I found him to be knowledgeable, informative and competent. All business. I felt confident that he could resolve my problem. If you want a hand-holding, buttercup, he's not your man. But if you want someone to solve your problem, then he IS your man.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Wow I wish I read this before making the trip. These are very old posts though. So here is a current one. I had the last appointment of the day for my daughter. I know it was probably a busy day, this must be the case. The waiting room was packed and we got in an hour after our appointment time. Dr. D'Agostini was no nonsense. He asked her a number of questions which she answered. He indeed had NO bedside manner. He didn't allow her to hesitate with her answers, he was all business. When I left my daughter said she didn't like him. I am on the fence. I think he was focused on job only, with no interest in small talk or anything else. If you are looking for compassion, he's not your guy. As far as skill, I am not sure. I'm guessing he's as good as any.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

D'Agostini knows his stuff, but you have to hope he is in a good mood or he may not share much. I had both knees arthoscoped by him, but wouldn't go back. There are too many other great surgeons who are pleasant and professional to work with. in general, surgery is the ONLY option he offers, not a big believer in physical therapy. While I recognize his skill, I would prefer a partner to help me make an informed and educated determination of the course of treatment. You may or may not get that from Dr. D'Agostini. I personally won't take the chance

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I brought my mother to see these two doctors on 3 separate occasions. They leave a lot to be desired in the area of bedside manner, compassion and explaining condition and procedures to patients. On our first appointment with Dr. Dagostini, he was training his daughter and using my time for her education. That's fine but I felt no appreciation for the fact that it was indeed by time and not his nor hers, and I would hope that his daughter becomes a more compassionate doctor than her father. On the second and definitely last appointment, the good Lord restrained me from becoming physical with this man because that is what a son is obligated to do when someone is maliciously and deliberately hurting his mother. We were his first appointment of the day and his demeanor was already sour and belligerent, even with the poor staff who have to endure this insufferable bully! If this man answers to someone at this practice, he should be reprimanded because we feel they did no service to my mother. She went there for treatment and got none, really. She got a cortisone shot in her hip, we came in for a follow up , and this man asks my mother if she wants a hip replacement, in a very confrontational manner. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't there need to be a lot more to get to such major surgery? He never bothered explaining options, procedure, nothing at all, just sent us on our way when she answered that no, she didn't. As far as Dr. Lowenstein, I felt from the start that he was in a bad mood from a phone call which he took in his office, and which we could overhear in the examination room him arguing with someone on the other end. The lack of professionalism in this office is ridiculous. I think the big problem with both these men is the following: my mother does not speak English and I am her interpreter. We sensed real hostility from both men because of this and a real discrimination based on this. I will be sharing our unfortunate experience with this office online.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Rude and arrogant does not begin to describe this doctor. I have never met such a mean individual. He is not willing to listen or to answer any questions and ended the visit by throwing the clipboard and walking out. I would not recommend his services to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's Credentials

Ankle, Foot, Hip, Joint Replacement, Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine

• Rutgers Medical School Piscataway N.J. (Grad. 1980)

UnitedHealthcare