Ratings for Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

Came with back in my hip, was told it's bursitis and got injection. When I asked will it help Dr. crossed his fingers and said let's hope it will. I was suppose to be on meds for a month and seek for physical therapy which I did. Nothing helped. Second day in a row I'm trying to get and appt with doctor to get prescription for an MRI meanwhile I'm not mobile, took a second day from work as I can't even shower on my own from pain. So at this point I was scheduled with another doctor next week (no idea how I'm going to deal with pain till then).

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Rude arrogant, and he cheats on his wife he is volatile and throws childish tantrums

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Robert D'Agostini has to be one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I too, as many others have commented, found him to be extremely rude and arrogant. He operated on my foot and was unable to correct my problem. Ironically, a doc from Tri-county fixed it.... I see he is now part of the Tri-county team! Yikes. I will stay far away from them now too!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I found him to be knowledgeable, informative and competent. All business. I felt confident that he could resolve my problem. If you want a hand-holding, buttercup, he's not your man. But if you want someone to solve your problem, then he IS your man.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Wow I wish I read this before making the trip. These are very old posts though. So here is a current one. I had the last appointment of the day for my daughter. I know it was probably a busy day, this must be the case. The waiting room was packed and we got in an hour after our appointment time. Dr. D'Agostini was no nonsense. He asked her a number of questions which she answered. He indeed had NO bedside manner. He didn't allow her to hesitate with her answers, he was all business. When I left my daughter said she didn't like him. I am on the fence. I think he was focused on job only, with no interest in small talk or anything else. If you are looking for compassion, he's not your guy. As far as skill, I am not sure. I'm guessing he's as good as any.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

D'Agostini knows his stuff, but you have to hope he is in a good mood or he may not share much. I had both knees arthoscoped by him, but wouldn't go back. There are too many other great surgeons who are pleasant and professional to work with. in general, surgery is the ONLY option he offers, not a big believer in physical therapy. While I recognize his skill, I would prefer a partner to help me make an informed and educated determination of the course of treatment. You may or may not get that from Dr. D'Agostini. I personally won't take the chance

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I brought my mother to see these two doctors on 3 separate occasions. They leave a lot to be desired in the area of bedside manner, compassion and explaining condition and procedures to patients. On our first appointment with Dr. Dagostini, he was training his daughter and using my time for her education. That's fine but I felt no appreciation for the fact that it was indeed by time and not his nor hers, and I would hope that his daughter becomes a more compassionate doctor than her father. On the second and definitely last appointment, the good Lord restrained me from becoming physical with this man because that is what a son is obligated to do when someone is maliciously and deliberately hurting his mother. We were his first appointment of the day and his demeanor was already sour and belligerent, even with the poor staff who have to endure this insufferable bully! If this man answers to someone at this practice, he should be reprimanded because we feel they did no service to my mother. She went there for treatment and got none, really. She got a cortisone shot in her hip, we came in for a follow up , and this man asks my mother if she wants a hip replacement, in a very confrontational manner. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't there need to be a lot more to get to such major surgery? He never bothered explaining options, procedure, nothing at all, just sent us on our way when she answered that no, she didn't. As far as Dr. Lowenstein, I felt from the start that he was in a bad mood from a phone call which he took in his office, and which we could overhear in the examination room him arguing with someone on the other end. The lack of professionalism in this office is ridiculous. I think the big problem with both these men is the following: my mother does not speak English and I am her interpreter. We sensed real hostility from both men because of this and a real discrimination based on this. I will be sharing our unfortunate experience with this office online.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Rude and arrogant does not begin to describe this doctor. I have never met such a mean individual. He is not willing to listen or to answer any questions and ended the visit by throwing the clipboard and walking out. I would not recommend his services to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Does anyone feel this Physicians personality has become worse over the years. My family has known him since my daughters were very young and now both are on their own. I’ve recommended him to several people the past few year and ALL of them cried during them cried @ one point or another. I recently had a post-op appointment with him and my daughter came with me. He seemed VERY ANGRY with me because of the way I was using crutches. He never CARED to ask me why I was having problems with. I know how how to use crutches as a matter of fact I am an RN. 2 nights before my post- op appointment I had fallen on my Right knee and my left foot was operated on. WhenI was called into exam room he NEVER asked me why I was having problems with them. He treated me like I was a moron.He spoke to me with an EXTREMELY ANGRY & CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE and never let me speak. HE seemed so angry with me that my daughter (25 yrs old) came out of the room and cried because of the way he treated me. It takes a lot to make her cry. She drove me home with tears and called him names I won’t repeat. She is also an RN and said he treats most of his patients and nurses the same way. I do know he has made surgical mistakes. The staff was apologized for his temper and told my daughter he treats almost all of his patients in the same manner and has a temper. I do think part of being a good physicians is also listening to his patients with a caring attitude and a good bedside manner. Why in Gods name did this man become a MD? What is wrong with him? He acts God like which he is far from that!!!! I am not stupid a moron or a sensitive person!I have also gone to school and have my Masters in nursing. There are many good surgeons who actually care about their patients. Please DO NOT go to this man until he receives psychological help.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's response
Good afternoon. Your experience is very important to us. We value our patients, and your comments will help us to continually improve our level of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr D'Agostini is more than just an excellent doctor. I had my knee repaired by him, three times, in high school. All from seperate football injuries. He got me back out on the field with no residual pain or loss of function. I ended up playing in college, after 3 injuries. That was only possible because of how great a surgeon he is. During that time I started to gain an interest in medicine, and it was Dr D'Agostini who reinforced that interest and allowed me, as a high schooler, to shadow him and learn a little medicine. I will be graduating medical school in a few months, and I owe it all to Dr D'Agostini. He is the textbook example of the kind of doctor that I hope at some point I can be.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's response
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tri-County Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. We wish you the very best of luck in your future practice! Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's Credentials

Ankle, Foot, Hip, Joint Replacement, Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine

• Rutgers Medical School Piscataway N.J. (Grad. 1980)