You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini

D'Agostini knows his stuff, but you have to hope he is in a good mood or he may not share much. I had both knees arthoscoped by him, but wouldn't go back. There are too many other great surgeons who are pleasant and professional to work with. in general, surgery is the ONLY option he offers, not a big believer in physical therapy. While I recognize his skill, I would prefer a partner to help me make an informed and educated determination of the course of treatment. You may or may not get that from Dr. D'Agostini. I personally won't take the chance

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I brought my mother to see these two doctors on 3 separate occasions. They leave a lot to be desired in the area of bedside manner, compassion and explaining condition and procedures to patients. On our first appointment with Dr. Dagostini, he was training his daughter and using my time for her education. That's fine but I felt no appreciation for the fact that it was indeed by time and not his nor hers, and I would hope that his daughter becomes a more compassionate doctor than her father. On the second and definitely last appointment, the good Lord restrained me from becoming physical with this man because that is what a son is obligated to do when someone is maliciously and deliberately hurting his mother. We were his first appointment of the day and his demeanor was already sour and belligerent, even with the poor staff who have to endure this insufferable bully! If this man answers to someone at this practice, he should be reprimanded because we feel they did no service to my mother. She went there for treatment and got none, really. She got a cortisone shot in her hip, we came in for a follow up , and this man asks my mother if she wants a hip replacement, in a very confrontational manner. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't there need to be a lot more to get to such major surgery? He never bothered explaining options, procedure, nothing at all, just sent us on our way when she answered that no, she didn't. As far as Dr. Lowenstein, I felt from the start that he was in a bad mood from a phone call which he took in his office, and which we could overhear in the examination room him arguing with someone on the other end. The lack of professionalism in this office is ridiculous. I think the big problem with both these men is the following: my mother does not speak English and I am her interpreter. We sensed real hostility from both men because of this and a real discrimination based on this. I will be sharing our unfortunate experience with this office online.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Rude and arrogant does not begin to describe this doctor. I have never met such a mean individual. He is not willing to listen or to answer any questions and ended the visit by throwing the clipboard and walking out. I would not recommend his services to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Does anyone feel this Physicians personality has become worse over the years. My family has known him since my daughters were very young and now both are on their own. I’ve recommended him to several people the past few year and ALL of them cried during them cried @ one point or another. I recently had a post-op appointment with him and my daughter came with me. He seemed VERY ANGRY with me because of the way I was using crutches. He never CARED to ask me why I was having problems with. I know how how to use crutches as a matter of fact I am an RN. 2 nights before my post- op appointment I had fallen on my Right knee and my left foot was operated on. WhenI was called into exam room he NEVER asked me why I was having problems with them. He treated me like I was a moron.He spoke to me with an EXTREMELY ANGRY & CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE and never let me speak. HE seemed so angry with me that my daughter (25 yrs old) came out of the room and cried because of the way he treated me. It takes a lot to make her cry. She drove me home with tears and called him names I won’t repeat. She is also an RN and said he treats most of his patients and nurses the same way. I do know he has made surgical mistakes. The staff was apologized for his temper and told my daughter he treats almost all of his patients in the same manner and has a temper. I do think part of being a good physicians is also listening to his patients with a caring attitude and a good bedside manner. Why in Gods name did this man become a MD? What is wrong with him? He acts God like which he is far from that!!!! I am not stupid a moron or a sensitive person!I have also gone to school and have my Masters in nursing. There are many good surgeons who actually care about their patients. Please DO NOT go to this man until he receives psychological help.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's response
Good afternoon. Your experience is very important to us. We value our patients, and your comments will help us to continually improve our level of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr D'Agostini is more than just an excellent doctor. I had my knee repaired by him, three times, in high school. All from seperate football injuries. He got me back out on the field with no residual pain or loss of function. I ended up playing in college, after 3 injuries. That was only possible because of how great a surgeon he is. During that time I started to gain an interest in medicine, and it was Dr D'Agostini who reinforced that interest and allowed me, as a high schooler, to shadow him and learn a little medicine. I will be graduating medical school in a few months, and I owe it all to Dr D'Agostini. He is the textbook example of the kind of doctor that I hope at some point I can be.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's response
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tri-County Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. We wish you the very best of luck in your future practice! Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

Reading all, interesting. Several years ago I had Dr. D'Agostini replace my hip. Must have been a different doctor than those talking of a lesser professional. Didn't need bedside manner more, professional "cutting edge knowledge to bring me back to being all I once was". I returned to 100%, 100% in a time frame he described. I found reassuring his Direct, Realistic Understandable prognosis and follow through. Plus I found him an interesting man, feeling a need for his fields of professional scope, do consider this knowledgable and interesting Surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's response
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tri-County Orthopedics, we truly appreciate your feedback, it made our day! Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. D'Agostini has operated on my knee twice for different reasons, and in both cases my knee healed stronger than before with 100% mobility. He has horrible bedside manner- anyone who knows him knows that- but he is always on the cutting edge of what's going on in his field, doesn't tell you bullsh*t, and is very clear and direct. I know someone else who had shoulder surgery with him and they were very pleased with how it healed. He takes his time with you, explains everything, and you never leave feeling like you don't know what's going on. And after surgery- he comes to you and explains exactly what went on. I would recommend him HIGHLY.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Old school, yes. Confident, yes. Knowlegeable, yes. Went for daughters initial eval for ACL tear. Maybe a touch cocky, but that's part of the confidence. Gave thorough review and explanation of diagnosis. Rattled off his credentials and success rates. Talked of the potential risks. Detailed plan of rehab to be followed exactly as he wants. Gave ample time for this visit and went beyond what was expected. Left room and came back, noticed my daughter was crying and asked her if she was. She said yes and he said "I would be too. You will be fine." So he isn't as heartless as he might seem. I though he was very personable. He encouraged a second opinion and gave us his competitors names. Told us the most important thing was to be comfortable with who we choose for surgery. And if we didn't choose him, he would be perfectly fine with it. My daughter and I were very impressed with our initial visit.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Well,...Yes he's old school. Impatient, demanding, at times gruff and colorful. You want someone to hold your hand and blow smoke, he's not your guy. Caring, accurate, no messing around, he's it. Examined a total complicated mess of my daughters knee post operative recovery and was very forthright regarding her condition. I don't want editorializing. I want accuracy and causes with solutions. He explained what went wrong professionally, no blame, said this is what going to happen and do you want to proceed...period. He does not suffer fools or people that waste his time. We had the surgery, great as expected outcome with realistic prognoses, no if and or buts. His way, or the highway. I was pleased, enthusiastic and I refer him with a caveat. I warn people to his demeanor, and that he takes his business seriously. Yes, I feel people have been way to critical of the guys personality. It may hurt him professionally, but I dont feel he cares. I liked him, I refer him and will cont. to.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Gee, what can I add to this list of folks like me who express negative experiences here? RUDE - ARROGANT - CONDESCENDING ... what did I miss? How about having a negative impact on young patients? Our 21-yr-old son had suffered a broken clavicle and Dr. Dagastini surgically installed a metal plate to hold it all back together. There are no encouraging words in Dr. D’s vocabulary. We needed some guidance and inspiration (yeah right), and what was received was nasty, back-hand comments with no concrete advice as to expectations for recovery and healing and/or the need for PT at some point. His comments were so offensive that we actually wished he would spend LESS time with us, as his impact was so negative as to our son’s outlook on life at that time. Questions Are NOT Allowed. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN. He needs to stop practicing so he can fly his plane more often - maybe hobnob with all those sports greats papering his walls. Enough said.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Robert J. D'Agostini's Credentials

Ankle, Foot, Hip, Joint Replacement, Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine

• Rutgers Medical School Piscataway N.J. (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med
Oxford

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "D'Agostini knows his stuff, but you have to hope he is in a good mood or he may not share much. I had both knees arthoscoped by him, but wouldn't go back. There..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I brought my mother to see these two doctors on 3 separate occasions. They leave a lot to be desired in the area of bedside manner, compassion and explaining co..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Rude and arrogant does not begin to describe this doctor. I have never met such a mean individual. He is not willing to listen or to answer any questions and en..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Does anyone feel this Physicians personality has become worse over the years. My family has known him since my daughters were very young and now both are on th..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr D'Agostini is more than just an excellent doctor. I had my knee repaired by him, three times, in high school. All from seperate football injuries. He got me..."

January 17, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.tri-countyortho.com/physicians/robert-j-dagostini-jr-md" to "http://www.tri-countyortho.com/". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "(973) 538-2334".

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Reading all, interesting. Several years ago I had Dr. D'Agostini replace my hip. Must have been a different doctor than those talking of a lesser professional...."

September 14, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert J."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "BEDMINSTER" to "CEDAR KNOLLS"

May 23, 2013