Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Umholtz

I have been a patient of Dr Umholtz for about 25 years. She delivered my last two children. She has done so many wonderful things for me I don't even know where to start! I had so many complications with my first two births so she worked with me on every level when she delivered my last two!!! Thank you Dr Umholtz I couldn't have done it without you!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I could go into a long story about how they double booked me on my first visit and tried to reschedule at 6pm the day before, or how every woman that works up there acts like they have fire ants in their panties (except the sonogram girl she's the best) or how incredibly unorganized and completely lacking in customer service every single one of those angry nurses are... but I'll spare you the boring details. What I will tell you is that several things are very clear: 1. They are understaffed 2. You are treated like inconvenient cattle 3. The doctors are either unaware or don't care that their entire staff is a sh*t show. If this place is right down the road and you just have to get your vag looked over twice a year, you don't mind waiting for hours, you're ok with a very rushed impersonal visit, you don't care if they return your phone call because sometimes they won't, and you don't mind them rescheduling you at the last minute, (but paying $25 if you do) then I don't see a problem. BUT... if you are having your first child and you want to feel relaxed, happy and not like you just took a nightmarish trip to the DMV when you leave... RUN!!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I had a threatened miscarriage and had to get info online. Called emergency line and no follow up call from her. Inaccessible by phone. All through nurse. Cold and heartless diagnosis of miscarriage.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I had my first lady health check up with Dr. U but I felt really extremely comfortable with her. She took the time to walk me through all the processes and patiently answered all of my questions. She gave me birth control advices and helped me evaluate decisions that are best for my body. I will definitely consider her as my long term Health Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I became a patient of Dr. Lisa Umholtz a year ago, and after having a traumatic

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I would avoid this office if you have a budget or are a cash patient. The Dr. was abrupt and unimpressive, while scoffing at my questionnaire, as if no 31 year old could have that many issues. She asked me what did I want her to treat. I told her that I thought all the issues were related. She recommended I get an annual. As well as a few extra tests. Which her nurse/assistant went over prices with me. I turned down some due to cost and accepted others. In lieu of my test results, she gave me 2 packs of birth control and told me the rest was normal. UG! To make the situation worse, I recieved a bill from her office billing me for too many questions! I got charged 2 office visits. The girl I was talking to at the desk to resolve this issue, kept throwing in my face how I had signed and acknowledged all charges. I knew how much I could spend! I WOULD HAVE NEVER VISITED THIS OFFICE IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD WALK AWAY WITH 0 ANSWERS, AND EXTRA CHARGES FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

RUN! Although qualified, she is lazy. My water broke around 10pm. This was my third child, so I didn't panic and called the office. Umholtz was on call and asked me if I was sure my water broke. I described that I definitely knew it had and she responded, "Well, crap. This will be a middle of the night delivery. I guess go to hospital." It turned out the cord was wrapped around my son's neck. Heart rate was dropping and nurses were very concerned, but they told us she did not like to come to the hospital in the middle of the night. Umholtz told them to slow down labor until morning. Heart rate kept dropping until she finally came in room, checked baby, and said we needed c-sect asap. I asked her the process as she was running out of the room. She spun on her heels and said, "I cut you open and pull the baby out". After years of speech/OT issues, neurologist and others all conclude our problems are probably due to lack of oxygen during labor and delivery.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

She has been always caring and listen to patient problems. We liked overall treatment and her behaviour. Her staff is also courteous making whole experience very memorable. We would definitely recommend her to anyone. We went to her via recommendation and found her to be just like what we were looking for.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Umholtz for several years now - which up until this year just involved my annual exam. I just had a baby and my experience with Dr. U over the course of the last 9 months exceeded all expectations I had. I never saw another doctor in the practice, Dr. U was always the doctor who saw me at my office visits. I had a few complications and I felt confident Dr. U always knew how to handle the situation and considered what was best for both me and the baby. I never felt pressured to take a certain course of action and any questions or concerns I had were explained. Dr. U made and received several calls in the evening from her home to check on me while I was in the hospital prior to labor and delivery as well as checking on my progress at the hospital during the day. She delivered my baby at night and never tried to pass me off to another doctor. She followed up multiple times in the hospital after delivery and via phone after I went home. Great Experience.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

First time I saw her, she seemed like an ok doc. The second time I went in for an annual, she decided that I was too over weight and needed to start a super restrictive diet with a drug to supress my appetite (I'm actually lucky if I feel hungry once in a day and my weight hadn't changed from the year before and I exercise regularly). All to lose 10lbs in a week. Oook. I had my regular MD fax a request for my medical records when we were tweaking some of my many medications. The records were never sent. I had to transport it myself. Read my file and found that they listed my shortness of breath as caused by being over weight and that I eat chocolate 3X a day. I have hereditary allergic asthma and I had an inhaler listed with my medications that I take daily. I eat sweets of any sort maybe once a week. When ever you call to talk to anyone, you have to listen to advertisements from their spa for botox injections while you are on hold. And you will be on hold. A lot. If they answer.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Lisa M. Umholtz's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1985)