Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Coletti

Had a bad experience and I will never go back. Stay away.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I have not been to a dentist in 20 years and found Dr Coletti’s practice online and read the reviews and chise to come in for a evaluation. I have very high anxiety about going (not a dentist fan) and I had several broken teeth and nee i needed major procedures to fix them. He evaluated my teeth and came up with a plan with me with a timeline of over four months to restore my teeth. He knew i was not enthusiastic about it, but wanted to make sure there was a doable timeline to have a normal eating experience again. Firstly, he reassured me about the procedures, what to expect and that i would not feel the same experience as when i was younger. We chose to sedate me during the procedures, which eased my anxiety. The office staff and his personnel were very friendly and i felt like they were empathetic towards my work ahead, they basically treated me like family and that is always helpful when your doing something that you do not want to do. After first procedure, Dr Coletti explained to me that his goal was to save my teeth and not do an implant that comminly happens, i liked the fact that he did not take the more expensive route, it seems like more work for him, but he was adement about keeping your original smile and i whole heartly agreed. After my first major procedure, he went over our gameplan and called me the next day to check on me and my experience, this happend all three procedures. This experience has changed my perceptions about dentist visits and i have deep respect for what Dr Coletti and his team does. I can eat food without worrying about a break or have pain. I want to highlight again that his staff are absolty wonderful and that Peter has been very sensitive to my anxiety about my teeth. I have recommended this practice to all my friends and coworkers and will continue, thanks Dr Coletti for all you and your employees do.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Mary Ann Wentz, Plantation, Fl. Compasion, honest, knowledgabe, experienced. As a snowbird from New York, the last thing I planned for was an emergency root canal. I awoke with excruciating pain on a Saturday at 4 am. Googled local dentists in Plantation, called and left messages with several dentists who offered emergency care in the area. The only one who replied was Dr. Coletti. He opened his office for me that very morning. He was able to relieve my pain and set up a plan for my root canal and crown. He also gave me his mobile number in the event that I had any pain after office hours.As promised, he was able to complete my dental work before I returned to New York. He was kind, efficient and did an excellent job. He is now my Florida dentist.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

As person who's always on the go, being constricted is not ideal. After a couple days I had the worst pain imaginable, that delayed a my air flight travels. Through recommendation, I contacted the office and was seen immediately. I was greeted by a pleasant staff and by a very charismatic doctor who eased all my worries and gave me quite the dental experience. I was sedated for first time and it was a remarkable experience, I'm so happy that I was offered the option. I really enjoyed my visit in all. Thanks for all your assistance, I'm looking forward to my next visit.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Coletti and you will not be disappointed! I have been a patient of Dr. Coletti for over 20 years. My ex-husband was having tremendous tooth pain on a Friday afternoon and we were cold calling dentists trying to find someone to help him. After many phone calls and thinking it was a lost cause because all we were getting were answering machines until I called Dr. Coletti's office. I was shocked when his wife, who is also a dentist, answered the phone and she said they were closed but she told us to come right in and I have been going to him ever since. I have had many procedures with him over the years, and my daughter and just this past Friday, my 16 year old son both had all 4 of their wisdom teeth removed by him. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my children. My son was so nervous and I was nervous for him but Dr. Coletti took him by the hands and told him it was ok to be nervous but he was going to take good care of him and that meant the world to both of us. He put us both at ease. As they were going into the procedure room, he said to me "you know I will take care of him like he was my own" and to me that says everything you need to know about Dr. Coletti!! His assistant, Lynette, was going into the procedure room to check in on him and she gave me updates as to what was happening and assured me he was doing great so instead of being tense waiting on him to finish and to know what was going on, it was very relaxing waiting for them to finish knowing everything was going well. Dr. Coletti called me on Saturday and Sunday to check on my son, he answered any questions I had as far as his recovery and gave me tips on what he can eat and to manage his pain. He also said this is my cell I am calling you on, call me if you have any issues. Dr. Coletti is caring, compassionate, he listens to your concerns and he takes the time to explain what is going on and what he can do to make it better. His assistant Lynette is also amazing and she is an asset to his office! She explains everything on the insurance end, answers my questions and she knows my voice when I call. I am always greeted with a huge smile, a big hello and Dr. Coletti and Lynette make going to the dentist pleasant! Jupiter, Florida. I've never posted a review before...but Dr. Coletti and his office are so exceptional I just had to share! They've helped me so much and too bad I can't give more than 5 stars... Let me start by saying...I'm an epic wimp! I have an irrational out of control fear of dentists. I was hurt once and never went back. Sadly, my teeth and gums have suffered because of this. Taking care of yourself is just not enough when you avoid the dentist for 10 years. A month ago I developed a wicked toothache involving 3 of my front teeth under my veneers. The pain was so intense and the idea of having to face my fear at this exact time was terrifying (!!)...I had no other choice...so I researched sedation dentists and prayed for the best. I found Dr. Coletti and called his office. The staff was beyond helpful and got me in right away. I was so panicked just during the initial assessment that I broke out into hives and sweats! I was trying very hard to cooperate. Dr.Coletti had so much patience with me it was bordering ridiculous. His tolerance for cry babies is apparently high...if he was annoyed he didn't show it for a second. He sat down, talked to me asked many questions and waited for the answers with zero sense of being rushed...this has never happened to me before. He explained everything in detail and let me ask endless questions too. I was overwhelmed thinking about all the work I 'might' need...he kept reminding me to focus only on todays problems. I could've been convinced to do many procedures in that vulnerable moment. He was only concerned with me feeling better. A The problem at hand was... I needed 3 root canals and 3 new veneers (I have 8)...which I booked for the next week. The anxiety leading up to procedure was worse than the procedure itself...IV sedation really works! Dr. Coletti was very reassuring about how well I would do...and he was right. Not only did I make it out alive but I had no pain during or after and very little memory of it. He even called me later that night to make sure I was ok. Another first. This one minute phone call made me feel like an actual person and not just a procedure. I was so comfortable with Dr. Coletti that I asked him to fix all other issues over the next few months and also replace the rest of my veneers. He came up with a treatment plan that wasn't extreme and didn't break the bank. I definitely needed a deep cleaning of my gums before moving forward...which I just did a few days ago with Dr. Duarte. She is another rare dentist in my opinion. She's so kind, soft spoken and has a very gentle energy! So refreshing and I felt so at ease with her. Gums felt fine after! What can I say this whole office is a pleasure.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Llame para una cita y me atendieron muy bien! Al llegar me atendieron muy bien. Son profesionales y muy atentos, de verdad estoy muy contenta con el servicio! I called to make an appointment and they were super professional! When I got there they explained me everything and they were very nice! I'm very happy!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Horrible. hygienist rough. Administrative staff rude and inefficient. Never coming back

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Susan Tamburello I have had a fear of dentists my whole life, and none of them have ever been able to alleviate that fear, until Dr. Coletti. he is by far the best dentist I have been to in my life. He explained everything in detail, he took his time to make sure I understood everything he told me and made me feel comfortable with the whole procedure and he was never condescending. He was always pleasant and genuinely happy to help and work with you. So when I had to have all my teeth extracted, I was a little nervous about being put under the anesthesia, but even that was fabulous and they assured me I didn't say anything worthy of a You Tube video...LOL. I can not say enough wonderful things about this man and his staff, their abundance of integrity, compassion, knowledge and even a great sense of humor. And his staff? Lynnette and Stephen are the best!!! What can you say about these two people except maybe that they were awesome!!! They immediately made me feel at ease and part of the family. I could go on and on about how fabulous these folks are and have been to me for the last several months, I really lucked out, I actually found them on my insurance website. Glad I took the chance on them, it was a great experience. Thanks so much Lynnette, Stephen & Dr. Coletti, you guys ROCK!!!!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

I have been coming to Dr. Coletti's office for 11 years. Even when I was temporarily living in NYC, I was still coming to Florida to see MY dentist! I can assure everyone out there, that Dr. Coletti is a rare, exceptional, and most caring dentist! He really treats every patient as his best friend. I can guarantee you will never change Dr. Coletti for any other dentist - he is simply the best (I live in Pinecrest, and keep coming to Plantation every time I need a treatment!!!)!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Peter M. Coletti's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Coletti holds two prior university faculty appointments at the University of Miami, School of Medicine, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida, as well as Assistant Professor at Loyola University Chicago Medical Center, School of Medicine, Department of Surgery in the Division of Dental Medicine, Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Peter Coletti specializes in dental anesthesiology for patients with anxiety or fear of the dentist to make the patient more comfortable Dr. Coletti received his Bachelor of Arts degree from New York University and completed his post-graduate DDS dental school education at University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Coletti continued his studies by completing his general practice residency, hospital-based post-graduate advanced training program at the Miami VA Hospital at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. Thereafter, Dr. Coletti further went on to complete his anesthesiology residency training program at The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York University Medical Center, School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology in New York City. Dr. Coletti is currently an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University, College of Dental Medicine, Department of Post Graduate Periodontics. He is a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, as well as a member of the American Academy of Periodontology. Dr. Coletti has received multiple honors, awards, extramural training, and continuing education throughout the years and currently devotes his full-time private practice to the full gamut state-of-the-art dentistry and dental anesthesiology. He practices full scope advanced to major restorative dentistry and dental anesthesiology as well as comprehensive general dentistry in Plantation, Florida. He is among the top 1% nationwide of uniquely qualified practitioners to provide a wide range of dental and anesthesiology services available in his practice. Dr. Coletti has been married for over 13 years to a dentist, has 2 children, and resides in south Florida.

• English