Ratings for Dr. A L. Jacokes

My day was ruined because of my appointment with Dr. Jacokes. I was there for 2 hours, and had no resolutions to any of the problems I went to her with. In fact, she didn't even have time to talk to me about family planning (something that was on my digichart). Very poor bedside manner. And when a patient waits an hour and 15 minutes just to get into the exam room, a doctor needs to give you their time, since they've wasted yours. I am still furious over the impact this appointment had on my day. I will say, the lady at the front desk is super nice. I think she was the only one who showed any compassion and concern while I was there.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Jacokes is very, very intelligent and board-certified. I go to her for my routine checkups and have been pleased with her suggestions and guidance. I also had one outpatient surgery with her and felt everything went exactly as she explained. I like that she follows up with personal phone calls and doesn't make you feel rushed. I can understand why another reviewer says she has no bedside manner, and I do agree. Certain medical professionals are just that way, but they are good at what they do and lack the bedside manner (which may come off as arrogance, but it isn't). It's a small price to pay and worth going to "the best" even if they can't crack a joke.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I recently underwent an outpatient procedure by Dr.Jacokes and I thought she was absolutely wonderful! I'm only in my early forties and have had long term OB-GYN issues. She was very thorough in explaining the procedure in my pre-op visit. She is a very "down to earth" Doctor. She's very kind and pleasant and definitely very competent! I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Jacokes is arrogant, not up to date and lacks bedside manners. She rarely provides info that she is not specifically asked for. She thinks that medicine is a science, like math, where 2+2=4. When in reality people react to medicines and treatment in different ways. She made a mistake during my surgery that was supposed to take 30 minutes and took 1 1/2 hours. Another surgeon had to be called in. Recuperation time was long. Everything she said that nver happes tduring this procedure, actually happened. She never appologyzed for mistake. We never went back to her. No one ever called back asking why we stopped going. Arrogance makes for a lousy doctor. Confidence is necessary, but overconfidence is dangerous.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2007

Dr. A L. Jacokes's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal