Ratings for Dr. David A. Parks

If you're looking for a Dr. who cares and will take his time with you during your appointment, then Dr. Parks is the best. He's not about rushing through your appointment, he takes his time listening to you and recommending a course of treatment you are comfortable with. Yes, sometimes you do have to wait awhile for your appointment. But, in my opinion, it's worth it. The entire staff is helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Doctor Parks, himself is a likable guy but the wait times are unreasonable. 3-4 hours past appointment times are typical. The staff could not possibly be more rude. If your time means nothing to you and you dont mind being treated poorly by staff then I recommend Dr Parks but if you think that you should be treated with respect and courtesy then you wont be happy with Central West Health care.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

My first visit I waited 3 1/2 hours; talking with Dr. Parks, 2 hours (nice, but half of it was about him. He likes to talk about himself). Nice of him to take the time, but very rude to a room full of patients, most of whom seem to be waiting to get their Schedule 2 narcotics and other controlled meds. The staff are rude. The physician assistants don't know their meds. They put me on multiple medications that should never have been combined and mixed them with ritonivir, which raised their blood levels to dangerous levels., according to the pharmacist at CVS--not that in-office pharmacy that is a pill mill. When I began having difficulties, Jeremy the PA hauled me off into an exam room with his buddy, Matt, and accused me of "drug-seeking behaviour." Meanwhile, every exam room has a multi-colored posting reminding patients to schedule their monthly "Schedule 2 medications" early so they won't be inconvenienced (i.e., go into withdrawal and end up in the ER.) The waiting room was dirty, as were the bathrooms. I had a Monday, 9:40 a.m. appointment with Jeremy, and he came wandering in "late" and I was not seen until nearly noon. How does one get 2 1/2 hours behind schedule for a 9:40 appointment when they open at 9 anyway? I never waited less than 2 hours to see anyone, including a lowly PA, not even a doctor. When I finally had enough and changed doctors due to their poor performance and extensive wait times, they tried to charge me to forward my records to my new physician. This is a bill mill and pill mill. If you value your time, health and/or life, I would definitely not waste any time here and I would NEVER recommend this doctor, his incompetent PA's, or his office to anyone unless I really, really did not like them at all.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have been a paitent of Parks since he was on Hapton Ave. i have followed him to 2 other buildings and would follow him again. he is a great dr that is worth the wait even if it is 2-3 hours. Dr. Parks is a doctor that cares about his patients treatment and isn't a doctor that has to go over the same stuff everytime you see him because he don't remember you. His staff; Jeremy and Jackie are very helpful with any questions and return your calls in a timely matter. Also having a Schnuck's Pharmacy in his office is very convient and their staff is also above average w/ helping you out and any questions you may have. I hear more people complain about their doctors being the "in and out" kind that don't really know them or their problems. i would much rather sit in dr. parks nice waiting room for a couple hours to get a good one on one over not even getting to talk to a doctor because the appointment is over so quickly. if that's what you want change doctors. Dr. Parks 4 Life !!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

I just bring a book, laptop, or an iPad. A great doctor is busy. If you dislike him, don't go. More options for me. The front desk can be rude. I'm always polite, but I sometimes feel uncomfortable even making appointments with them. I just bite my tongue. What can you do? It's worth the care.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

I did not have a good experience with this Doctor and this office and ended up switching after a couple of years. They never were on-time, and I'm not talking 15 minutes late -- I'm talking at least a half hour, sometimes an hour late.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Dr. Parks is terrific and his office has changed a lot. The last time I was there - a year and a half ago - I waited three hours, but today my wait was relatively short. Everyone is very friendly. Starting with Chad at the front desk to Jeremy the new PA. I'm amazed at how this office has turned around. Bottom line, though, is Dr. Parks has a very caring, friendly demeanor. He doesn't talk in medical speak, but in language I can understand and I'm not afraid or embarrassed to ask him anything.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Parks misdiagnosed me, causing time to go by which made my condition worse. I've heard from numerous people that they've waited as long as 4 hours for him. Is he worth that delay? No.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

There has been a dramatic change in the quality of service at Dr. Parks office over the last 6 months or more. There is a new staff that actually answers the phone, is helpful and seems to care about your time and well being. The Dr. still has a small problem with running late, if your the last appointment it could be an hour or more. But, I blame a lot of that on patients who talk his ear off. Dr. Parks cares a great deal and would never cut anyone off so I commend him for taking the time his patients seem to need. Congratulations to the new staff for and outstanding job of turing the office around and making it a pleasant place to call and visit.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. David A. Parks's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

(General) Champus