Ratings for Dr. Melanie L. Marin

The whole experience with this doctor was terrible

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Her staff is pretty terrible - but she is amazing. Going to the gynecologist isn't exactly a fun experience but she really did do her best to make me feel comfortable and took her time to explain everything and really listened. I have an extremely complicated history and she took her time going through everything and was very respectful of my boundaries. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Marin is the best doctor there is . Very knowledgeable, very experienced, very thoughtful and considerate. And when it comes to performing a procedure or surgery, she has very "light hands" - all she does is very easy to tolerate and there is no post-surgery problems and painful recovery.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Incredibly dedicated and on-the-ball specialist. At the absolute top of her field in pelvic pain and other disorders (endometriosis, etc), and coordinates well with other doctors. She has been like a primary care physician to me- when my own GP doesn't have it together! I have sent many friends to her. WORTH THE WAIT- don't get misdiagnosed somewhere else, when so much of the field of women's health is lagging far behind.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Marin for more than 10 years. She's a great specialist and I trust her completely. A few years ago, after seeing my mother just once, she immediately saw a red flag in her symptoms that other doctors had misdiagnosed for a year. Had it not been for Dr. Marin, my mom would have been dealing with cancer. Thanks to Dr. Marin, my mom underwent surgery for a pre-cancerous condition and has been cancer-free for 5 years. This is a truly great doctor. I consider her one of my most valuable finds in NYC.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

she helped me after two other doctors gave up...she's brilliant. only downside -- be prepared to wait. she takes her time w/ all her patients.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. Marin is an awesome doctor, i have been with her since i was 16 years old.. I am now 35 and will follow her where she goes!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Marin took the time to actually talk to me about my options, and it was nice to have a doctor actually take time to explain the effects of different medications to me. She seemed very intelligent, and treated me like a patient that she really cared about instead of just rushing me in and out.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Dr. Marin is incredible. Yes, you definitely have to wait to see her if you are not the first patient of the day, and sometimes even if you are, but she could not be more helpful and approachable. I cannot tell you how many times I have cried with her and she has been so comforting. I have reccomended her to numerous friends and have heard very similar feedback. She is very professional and straight with you. I highly reccomend her and am just sad that she no longer practices OB.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

My need was a gyn who specialized in Endometriosis as I've suffered for years. After meeting with her (1 hour wait) she did take the time to go over all of my options. After a offsite ultrasound, it was discovered I had adenomyosis as well. Dr Marin performed my hysterectomy at Mt Sinai Hospital. She is an expert surgeon, and her team was wonderful. The wait is the worst part, but she spends time with you and explains everything to you, quite a refreshing change.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

Dr. Melanie L. Marin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Melanie Marin practices office gynecology and gynecologic surgery at New York Physicians, a multispecialty group of dedicated physicians committed to providing high quality health care, and to treating their patients with the whole person in mind. Dr. Marin completed her Bachelors in Biology and French at Columbia College of Columbia University. She received her medical doctorate from NYU School of Medicine. Her internship and residency were completed at Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia University in 1997. She joined New York Physicians and the faculty of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital after graduation. Dr. Marin limited her practice to gynecology only in 2002 in order to concentrate on her areas of special expertise, including laparoscopic surgery, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, the treatment of fibroids and menopause management. She became a nationally certified menopause practitioner in 2007 and continues her training to maintain certification. In 2008, Dr. Marin was invited to bring her laparoscopic expertise to Mount Sinai Hospital where she has been an Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology every since. She performs her surgeries at Mount Sinai and trains residents and fellows in gynecologic surgery and minimally invasive surgery including advanced laparoscopic surgery. She was awarded the 2012 CREOG Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education by her residents. Dr. Marin has received numerous awards including: “Best Doctors in America” 2003-2004, 2007-2008, 2009-2010 and 2013 Recipient of the 2012 CREOG Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2011 New York Super Doctors 2009

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Amerigroup