Ratings for Dr. Nancy G. Barbarito

I have been a patient for 15 years. Dr. Barbarito has always been attentive and concerned about my health. I appreciate her quick but thorough methods. I have never been treated badly under her care. I have recommended her to many of my friends. I have always found her to be pleasant and connected. She is top-notch in my book. Her staff is also excellent.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I actually went to c her bcause a friend of mine was seeing her and said she was very good....though she did help sum she only spends 15 min on every patient bcause that's the way she schedules her patients?????what can u learn in that amount of time? I had a bill for i think 60.00 not much at all but i didn't pay in the time she wanted it so they sent me a letter letting me kno she could no longer c me bcause of the outstanding bill of 60.00.....r u kiddin me??? wouldn't take my dog there.....

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

She saved my life!. She did an EKG on a routine physical and saw a danger sign. I had a 99% blockage in a major heart artery with no symptoms. After my bypass surgery, I am ready for another twenty years. Yes, she does not make eye contact, but is that really important?

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Barbarito for about 07 years until I moved out of state. I found her attentive, knowledgeable, caring and concerned. Dr. Barbarito appeared a bit distant at first but that disappeared over a short time. I have diabetes, heart problems and other issues from a brain operation I had as an infant. Dr. Barbarito dealt with all of these professionally and in detail. For my heart problems she referred me to an excellent heart specialist as well as a good neurologist. I would recommend Dr. Barbarito to anyone. Tony S.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

I went to her for approx 2 years; my wife for as long as I can remember. Barbarito was constantly non-attentive during visits. Numerous times has said something to the effect of "now what was this checkup for?" near the end of the visit, because she did not look at our file before, or during, the visit. My decision to leave was solidified when she literally laughed at me when I inquired about a medication and walked out the door during the same visit she tried to prescribe two new meds without going over them with me and was so unclear about it that I had to ask the front desk when I left if I was to start one that day or after a scheduled follow up. Luckily, her ways have caused no serious issues with my wife or myself, but I can see the potential for her ways to cause complications in other situations and circumstances.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

My husband and I went to Dr. Barbarito for about ten years piror to moving to another state this year. She was always thorough & knowledgable, and yet took time to explain things to us. Dr. Barbarito was always willing to refer us when appropriate. She gave us the pros and the cons so that we could make up our own minds. She always seemed to care about our medical care.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Did unnecessary test. Did not properly diagnose an obvious infection. Refused to refer to another doctor for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. Barbarito puts on an air of callousness and unconcern. I was really taken aback. She dismissed my questions and concerns and seemed not to listen. I know physicians have tough jobs swamped with people who think every little thing is something tragic, but I work in the healthcare field and am pretty educated on things I should worry about, so my questions were warranted. I also came in for a very bad infection which I requested be treated by the nurse practitioner (who is wonderful) and when Dr. Barbarito came in for a consult was very rude and if left up to her, I could have possibly been worse off because she dismissed the issue and I ended up having to have surgery. I will continue to request the FNP for further appointments, I would change, but I hate the hassle of scheduling with a new physician.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

Dr. Nancy G. Barbarito's Credentials

• E Tn State Univ J H Quillen Coll Of Med, Johnson City Tn 37614 (Grad. 1995)