Ratings for Dr. Steven Budoff

I have been a patient at the Somerville office for about 2 years. When I initially called for an appt, I was told that there was a long wait to see Dr. Budoff. Therefore, they suggested that I see his nurse practitioner, Cindy Tegethoff to get a quicker appt. They said that she was excellent and well-liked by her patients, so I agreed book an appt with her. In the beginning she was very professional and attentive. However, over the last year, her quality of service has decreased significantly. On numerous occasions, she did not send my prescriptions electronically to the pharmacy as she indicated. It was an ORDEAL thereafter to get the medication filled. I had the pharmacy send her a fax requesting approval and also left messages at the doctor's office because no one ever picks up. It takes 2 fulls days on average just to get a medication filled. The last time I went through this ordeal, she finally sent in the prescription, but with NO REFILLS. I am now having to call her office repeatedly to request a refill. As of this moment, I am still waiting!!! I have found another practitioner and will NOT be returning to this office. Also, I would NOT recommend her services to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I feel at ease around Dr Budoff. He doesn't drag things out, no pressure, let me try different medications til I found the right combination. Dr Budoff is great, I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have been seeing doctor Budoff 4 yrs. I could not speak highly enough about this doctor.I can contact him directly he texts back he calls. works with my work schedule and has worked wonders with me..I'm truly a better and happier person..I enjoy talking with him he listens intently and has incredible manner.I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Budoff to any patient. He is extremely kind and seems to truly care about his patients' wellbeing. He is my 4th psychiatrist in 5 years and is the only one to get my diagnosis right and quickly. He put me on the proper medication and truly changed my life for the better! I don't know what I would do without Dr. Budoff. He is very knowledgable and skilled at what he does. Also, not many doctors will give out their personal cell phone number if you need anything at all. He treats me with respect and allows me to be part of the decisions. He is a great listener and understanding. I am very lucky to have found Dr. Budoff and I plan on being his patient for a long time.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Horrible listening skills, repeatedly bumblingly apologized for changing appointments etc. Always used someone else's office and you could hear every word spoken in the office while waiting in the waiting room. I asked him several times to address me appropriately, but he never did - wrong prefix and mispronounced sir-name (so asked him to just use my simple first name). When I decided to discontinue seeing him he was confrontational and refused to provide my records - as required by law.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Budoff is one of the best doctors, in any field of practice, whatsoever! He's always on time always available very patient and generous with his time. He will listen to you and your problems and figure out the best solution to solve them involving you in the process. I would travel extra distance or pay any price to keep him as my doctor, if you have a chance to become his patient you would be foolish not to grab it! The best doctor on this site, for sure.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Nice bedside manner. Not very helpful for teen suffering from depression. Quick to prescribe and diagnose, going through standard checklist but misinterpreting some answers and not considering other relevant background information. Unwilling/unable to coordinate with therapist as he has "hundreds of patients". Saw pharma rep entering when leaving. Might be helpful for some but not for this teen. Waited over 1 month for 1st appointment.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Steven Budoff to anybody who is in need of a psychiatrist. Dr. Budoff is a very competent, knowledgeable doctor and I have complete confidence in his decisions and course of treatment. In addition, Dr. Budoff is very compassionate, understanding, genuinely concerned about my health problems and he is doing everything in his power to help me. He always took his time to listen to me and he treated me like a friend. He always answered promptly when called, even off office hours or over the weekend. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. I feel very fortunate and thankful that I am in the care of Dr. Budoff.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I suffered in silence with ADD/ADHD for many years without a proper medical diagnosis or supervised medical treatment. Dr. Budoff was recommended to me through my health insurance network, and I made an appointment for a consultation. That was the first day of the rest of my life. Dr. Budoff immediately diagnosed my condition accurately, prescribed me a new medication which completely turned my life around, and has continued to follow up with me for the past two years on a monthly basis. I almost lost my career, my marriage and control of my life due to my condition and thanks to Dr. Budoff, I am back on my feet and recovering with a healthy and positive outlook on life and myself. If anyone has had a bad experience with a psychiatrist before and are in the NJ area, Dr. Budoff can help you get the medical attention you need in a professional and caring manner. Dr. Budoff listens to your concerns during every monthly appointment. He is caring, professional, and extremely courteous.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Doctor Budoff really cares about his patients. His staff is friendly, courteous, and efficient. I would not want to see any other doctor other then Doctor Budoff.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Steven Budoff's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)

Delta Dental