Ratings for Dr. Stuart E. Sybesma

Dr. Sybesma has an open, straightforward, intelligent, communication style. He thoroughly explained each procedure that needed to be performed, using diagrams to ensure we understood exactly what to expect. I must admit he tended to run late. On one occasion, we waited an hour past our appointment time to see him. I realize, however, that surgeons can have good reason be delayed. For example, though we were scheduled for a 10 minute stitches-removal appt, he spent at least a half hour with us when the lab report unexpectedly indicated thyroid cancer. (It would be helpful if his support/office staff would keep waiting patients informed.) Dr. Sybesma seemed extremely knowledgeable and skilled. (His reputation among the hospital's floor nurses was excellent – we were repeatedly told “oh, he's a great surgeon!” :) He never forgot that his patient was a real person. His surgical assistant told me he reminded the operating team that my daughter was a singer before they began the surgery :)

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Knowledgeable and passionate about his work. He would be my first choice for any future surgical situations for my family!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

Dr. Stuart E. Sybesma's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Delta Dental