Ratings for Dr. James William Earnhardt

Dr. Earnhardt is excellent. He gives it to you straight; he never suggests unnecessary procedures or medications, and although he can be a little harsh sometimes, he is an excellent doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Earnhardt has been my cardiologist since October 2012. I find him to be extremely knowledgeable, nice, and caring. He has called me several times (Christmas day being one time) to check on me to make sure I was feeling well. He personally assisted me with health insurance problems I was having. His nurse, Janice, is just as nice as Dr. Earnhardt. It is always a pleasure to go to his office to see him and to see Janice. They know me by name and always call me by my first name. I love this man. He is wonderful personally and professionally. I could not imagine using anyone else. I believe that he is a rare breed today. When I was a child I had a doctor that made house calls and new me well. Dr. Earnhart is close to that caliber of doctor... always concerned about his patients to the point that he will call them just to see how they are feeling. Wonderful man. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

In August 2005 I had a rather unusual heart problem which Dr. Earnhardt accurately diagnosed as a partially blocked main artery in the heart. He inserted a stent and I have felt great ever since, and expect to continue that way for some time. As far as I am concerned his advice and expertise is unmatched.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I was referred to Doc Earnhardt by my family doctor (Bob Adams in Knightdale) about 6 months ago for my chest pain when I walked. Doc earnhardt did a angioplasty onme and put a stent in my artery adn I have been pain free ever since. Sorry the other guy had such a bad experience but I had the opposite. I am 57 years old but I feel like I'm 45 again. I would've gotten this taken care of a long time ago if I had known how I could feel again. Office staff not all that friendly but no complaints on the doc.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Earnhardt diagnosed me with constrictive paracarditis and rushed me to open heart surgery within 30 days of diagnosis. When the surgeon opened me up I had a completely healthy heart. I've been sick ever since with incision infections, back problems and rashs. My incision opens up and gets infected regularly. After the surgery he, nor is office, ever called to follow up with care, or to see if I was OK. They placed a past due bill for $60 dollar with a collection agency. Two months later I was in the emergency room with an almost completely blocked artery -- missed by his diagnosis and surgery. I filed a malpractice lawsuit. He admited to the diagnosis but claims that I have not been damaged. I'm now on 100% SSI disability insurance, pain meds daily, depressed and have lost my quality of life completely. He lives in a gated community mansion in Olde Raleigh.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. James William Earnhardt's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)