Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Starker

Dr Starker and staff are wonderful and very knowledgeable on all your needs.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Dr. Starker removed my gallbladder this year and I think he is one of the best docs I have ever seen. Surgery was seamless. He is willing to answer any and all of your questions and kept me very calm given that I am an anxious person. I have since had a few questions and he is more than happy to have a discussion with me when need be! I also had an issue with billing and he was kind enough to work with me on the bill. I think he's fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr. Starker's knowledge and bedside manners are remarkable. He is a sweet and kind man and even though he did not participate in my insurance plan, he stated he would accept whatever my insurance paid him. WELL, his office began hounding me for money because he was not satisfied with my insurance payment. If you choose to go out of network for his services, be prepared to PAY VERY DEARLY!! I don't think his sweetness is false, but I definitely believe that he and his wife, in charge of billing, have become far too jaded to be in the business of helping people and saving lives!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Be very careful of this dr as one other patient indicated. He gets forced on you in the hospital, and doesnt accept fair and reasonable insurance payments. He will hound you and is relentless in collecting every last dollar billed. Ask for another dr, if at all possible.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

My symptoms weren't the normal ones for Gallbladder issues. I knew I needed a doctor with lots of experience in 'unusual' cases, not just the routine ones. From the moment I called Dr. Starker's office, I was treated with the utmost care and consideration. Dr Starker gave me as much time as I needed to explain my history and he truly listened to what I was saying. We scheduled a gallbladder procedure at Overlook Hospital and his staff arranged everything. The gallbladder was removed laparoscopically and Dr. Starker even fixed a hidden hernia that had been adding to my discomfort. I went home that same day. It could not have gone better! For the first time in a long time I was not in the pain I had become accustomed to. The follow up with Dr. Starker included a recap of his findings and the reassurances that he and his staff were available if I should ever need anything. I hope I don't but if I did, he is the surgeon I would go to. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I had an emergency appendectomy and Dr. Starker was the doctor on call. After the fact, I found out he didn't participate in BCBS even though the hospital did. Dr. Starker's office deemed my insurance company's payment of $1800 for my emergency appendectomy insufficient, direct-billed me another $2300 that they then executed a lien on my bank account and took the money out while I was in active conversations with his wife, Abby Starker, and their legal counsel. Be careful if he doesn't accept your insurance, even if it's an emergency visit like mine was.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Starker has an excellent bedside manner. I was so nervous about having surgery, but after meeting Dr. Starker I felt so at ease. His office staff is wonderful too!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Dr. Starker is wonderful! He is engaging, personable and extremely knowledgable. His patients come first, there's no doubt about that. He listens attentively and includes his patients in every step of the process. Bravo, Dr. Starker for being one of the best and a true master at your craft.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Extremely patient oriented and very well skilled and knowledable. When hospitalied, you see him at least twice a day. He is not with a group so you don't have a subsitute or partner visit. The very best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr. Paul M. Starker's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1980)

(General) Champus