Ratings for Dr. Michael Goldberger

Dr. Goldberger did a triple arthrodesis on my right foot on 11/3/15. I was born with a birth defect over 60 yrs. ago and the pain was no longer tolerable. He was very up front in what I could expect from the surgery. I am now walking with a straight foot (which I never had) and the pain is less than what I have had in years. Prior to recommending this surgery Dr. Goldberger consulted with a few colleagues to make sure he this was the best surgery for me. We both liked that about him. He did his research as this was not a normal case by any means.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

My 12 year old son fractured his tibia in 2 places and shattered his fibula in Jan 2015. He had surgery at the time, but we were concerned right from the start that something was still wrong. After 6 months of being poo poo'd by the surgeon, we found Dr. Goldberger. He found and repaired the problem…..trapped tendon, plus bone spurs from the healing process and made some 'room' for a nerve that was aggravated. It's 2 months post surgery and my now 13 year old son is back to sports and a normal life!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Dr. Goldberger has operated on both of my feet. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best of the best. I would not hesitate to send my family or friends to Dr. Goldberger.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Competent. Professional. Compassionate. To a person, these are the words that come to mind when I think of my experience at Tri-County Orthopedics after suffering a Jones Fracture (break to my 5th metatarsal). I was extremely frustrated after two "bad" prior experiences trying to find the right care for my foot (and the rest of my person, as dealing with a broken foot and the ensuing immoblity takes some adjustment- and assistance) and hoped that this doctor's visit wouldn't end in more delay in getting proper care, with little more to show for it than another $40 co-pay. I knew I was in for a different, POSITIVE, experience as I was greeted immediately with a smile upon arriving for my first visit. I was immediately seen, and offered assistance in carrying my xrays and boot, as I was on crutches, (amazingly, at the prior doctor I had gone to, three members of the dr's staff WATCHED as I tried, on my crutches, to navigate opening a door in, while carrying my boot and x-rays and never offered assistance). As the assistant took off my old cast, he commented on the angle that a cast should be at to assist with healing and muscle atrophy (something not done properly by a prior doctor) and took time talking to me. Dr. Goldberger's PA was excellent - she was professional and no-nonsense, but that doesn't mean she sacrificed taking the time to give full patient care, taking time to answer all my questions and thoughtfully, competently conducted her part of the visit (putting on/taking off casts, examining the foot pre/post surgery). Dr. Goldberger started his first visit with me by listening to me: not only what had happened to my foot, but what the impact of the injury had been on me and my life, and what my needs were vis-a-vis a broken foot. Instead of prescribing a generic care regime, he made his recommendation of surgery (and immediate surgery, so true healing could begin asap) in response to what I said (my break was about a month prior to my first visit and the care I had received to date left me with one month in a cast non-weight bearing and a bigger fracture, due to bone absorption- no prospects for walking or returning to "normal life" any time soon). The surgery itself went as smoothly as the office visit- I cannot believe how small the surface evidence is of such a large surgery (approx 3" scr*ew permanently in my foot). In the follow-up visits, again, to a person in the office (which reflects on the doctors' leadership in setting a tone and expectations), I was always treated respectfully, professionally and competently, whether by x-ray technicians, PA's or the doctor's office assistant. Going to the doctor's office for follow-up visits was not something I dreaded but instead looked forward to, and with each visit, regardless of the progress my foot made (some weeks saw more bone growth than others), I felt like I was moving forward in healing my whole person. Less than two months after surgery, I was again walking in a shoe and three months on, my bone had healed sufficiently to restart all my physical activities- and a full, independent life. THANK YOU Dr. Golderger and the whole team at Tri-County Orthopedics for helping me through a challenging time after I broke my foot, and getting me back on my feet, not only literally by mentally as well!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Dr. Michael Goldberger

Dr. Michael Goldberger's response
Good afternoon!. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tri-County Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. We are very glad to hear you're doing well! Thank you for choosing Tri-County Orthopedics for your care.

Submitted April 2, 2015

after two failed surgeries and a period of 4 years... I am finally walking pain free

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I had a tendon break in my foot due to all the extreme activities I participate in. I went to three ogther surgeons and they all said I might get 50-60% of the use of my foot back.To me that was unacceptable, I'm relativly young and still want to compete and participate in all the sports I so and work as well. I found Dr Goldberger and knew right away he was the right man for the job. I had the surgery 4/25/11 and as of 11/24/11 I am 100% back to normal. It was a long road, very detailed surgery with a tendon replacement and a ostyotmy to correct my stance. I had 14 weeks of no driving and no weight bearing but it all was worth it. Dr Goldberger is probably only one of a hand full of surgeons that could have done this and I can't say enough good things about him. Reading some of these other posts I find it hard to belive they were seeing the same doctor. I found him to be funny, smart, and professional. I never waited more than 4 minutes to see him and his staff is great.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Went to several doctors looking for help with foot. Dr. Goldberger really listened to me. He figured out what my problem was and really explained what my options were. I had surgery last December and could not be more pleased. The physical therapist said my recovery was the quickest he has ever seen. My foot looks and feels great

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I went to see Dr. Goldberger serveral times for a severe boken anlkle which needed surgery. Surgery went well, but as others have mentioned everything was very rushed and I was just another broken ankle. my painwas severe and it was just bruhsed aside. his direct staff is not very helpful, it takes multiple calls to get any proper response. My ankle is still not properly healed, but apparently only PT can help (although I've done PT for over a year). I'm seeing another doctor for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

After suffering and being misdiagnosed for many years a doctor finally recommended I see Dr.Michael Goldberger. This was the beginning of the beginning. From a break I sustained 35 years ago, arthritis set in so badly I could not walk more often then I could. I found out I was a candidate for ankle replacement surgery. This procedure was fairly new and after investigating my options I knew Michael Golberger was for me. Almost 3 years later I am basically pain free and walking unassisted. I finally felt the beach again and am able to do anything. Thank you Dr.G. and staff.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

I have had 3 ankle surgeries for heel spur with Dr Goldberger. One of them them was a a re-do as the pin that he used to re-attach my Achille's tendon came out in spite of being in a cast. He seem's to be pleasant and knowledgeable but sometimes a bit rushed. I AM TAKING TRI COUNTY ORTHO TO COURT 9/27/10 BECAUSE THEY CALLED IN AN OUT OF NETWORK SURGEONS FIRST ASST - EXPLAINING AFTERWARDS THAT THEIR STAFF PERSON WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF MY SURGERY. I'M STUCK WITH A BILL FOR $1,680 AFTER TAKING PAINS TO MAKE SURE ALL SERVICES WOULD BE IN NETWORK.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Michael Goldberger's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1992)