Ratings for Dr. Mahamaya Malhotra

Compassionate, supportive and wise. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very punctual.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

She was very compassionate but she also literally fell asleep for about one minute during our session. I think she is capable of being a helpful psychiatrist but she was completely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

She sandbagged me for a job I wanted. I had a family friend who is a psychiatrist look at a form she filled out for me, and she basically said that Malhotra let her personal opinions be seen in the report and was not objective. Would not recommend her at all. The receptionist is VERY RUDE and has an attitude problem. Do not go to this woman.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

She is a mixture of compassion and strictness. She does not accept BS. She went right in to the core of my problems. It was amazing how she could get deep in to my mind, which I have not been able to see. She involved my husband in to the dialogue. She helped to resolve our differences. I would recommend her to any one. Her hours are limited so do not go to her if you want to go to her on weekends or evening. She was always available 24/7 if I had a crisis

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Dr. Malhotra always gave me 60 minutes of her time (not a 45 minute hour). She is a medical doctor - a psychiatrist who also does therapy. The last psychiatrist I went to only spent 5-10 minutes with me, wrote me a prescription and told me to find a therapist to talk to. I found her to be very smart and very caring, but she is tough too and wouldn't let me get away with trying to BS her - she saw through me. She gave me great advice and was very supportive to me during a very terrible time. I felt like she really cared about me. She has helped me to change my life and I am deeply indebted to her.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

this doctor is just too busy with medical reps, number one. Number two she seems lacking in compassion. Three her availability is limited and she beleives she is busier than you are. Four she fails to return phone calls. five i am not convinced of her expertise.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

She is a great doctor. Listens very well and always has good advice. She really takes the time to listen to what you have to say medication wise. And is very aware that patients have knowledge of their own bodies. I respect that in a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2007

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. Mahamaya Malhotra's Credentials

• Hindi

• Gandhi Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Summit, NJ