Ratings for Dr. Roberto F. Ferraro

Dr Ferraro is kind, compassionate and extremely competent. I have had many kidney stones and he does a great job taking care of me. There used to be one nurse in the surgical area who was excellent and committed to urology patients. We even had a separate area for care when needed to be treated with the external kidney stone crusher. This was an efficient system and the nurse knew me so well and made me feel welcome. However I was told that nursing management made the decision to change this. The other nurses in the outpatient surgery area just aren't as good. There is no consistency. I asked to speak with the manager of the area but she dismissed my concerns. This is a shame. This one nurse really reflected dr Ferraro's values and quality. Thankfully I would follow him anywhere but this manager messed up with these changes.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

I have been under the care of Dr. Ferraro since 1999. I went to 5 doctors to see what my options were. All the doctors except Dr. Ferraro told me my prostate cancer was to far gone to do anything and to get my things order. . Dr. Ferraro thought I had a 15% chance of getting it all. He operated and was unable to get it all but I now have had 17 years of a good life watching it slowly grow. I now get hormone shots every 18 to 24 months. In 2003, I called his office and advised him I was losing weight. 7 days later I was on the operating table. I had kindny cancer and and he actually had to cut into the collection area and repair it to get all the cancer. With most doctors I would not have even been able to get an appointment in a week. Both times, while in the hospital, a nurse came into the room and told me how lucky I was to have a doctor that cared about his patients. I feel that Dr. Ferraro has saved my life twice. If you need a urologist, I highly recommend Dr. Ferraro

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr Ferraro saved my life! I had a septic infection because of a kidney stone. Even though it was snowing in Charlotte he was there, by my side. He is one amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I have had 2 surgery's performed by Dr. Ferraro and found he is very knowledgeable, dedicated, competent and extremely patient orinated. I would recommend and have recommended him to many friends who share the same feeling I have & they have recommended him to other friends. I have experienced many staff's at other doctors & hospitals who expressed to me what a wonderful doctor and surgeon his is and how dedicated he to his patients. He has always wanted to be sure I understood what he was going to do and what to expect. When my wife or I need a urologist or a friend needs one, He is the first person I recommend. I have staked my life on him twice in the last 8 years. He is one of the best.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

I have used Dr. Ferraro for many years and find that both he and his support staff have excellent knowledge and experience in the field of Urololgy. The are courteous, efficient and thorough. Dr Ferraro also is very friendly and always takes time to answer questions to ensure that his patients are comfortable with their experience. I would recommend Dr Ferraro to my family and friends with high regard!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

All work is done by his PA. Had to ask to see the Dr. before the surgical procedure and was given a hard time. Dr. acted like I should've known everything about my procedure when it was never explained correctly. What I thought they were doing and what he told me they were doing before my surgery where not the same. My husband and I were both very confused. Money making doctor. Beware!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007

Dr. Roberto F. Ferraro's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1993)

AARP