Ratings for Dr. Umesh K. Arora

My mother was sent to him after she was having chest pains. We waited 45 minutes just for him to tell her she had two major heart attacks. He had stressed my mom so bad and after my grandma died of heart failure he proceeds to tell my mom she has to pay a whopping $2500 for him to run "tests". Her insurances didn't cover it which was weird because she receives tricare& United health. She than goes to the emergency room and they run the tests and come to find out, she never had any heart attacks and in fact has a strong good heart. He continues to call her, but after the scare and lie, we won't EVER go to his office again. I highly advise everyone not to go to him unless you're ready to be stressed and conned into believing his lies.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Doctor only cares about money! He orders every single test that he can bill and has no care if you have other appointments that day. The staff is overworked and his office is completely unorganized. There are charts everywhere and it's total chaos! Good bedside manner sometimes but only concerned about making money, not you.

Submitted September 10, 2014

Doctor order test not necessary. In it for the money not the patients. Get a second opinion. Other doctors would not cause the amount of stress/waste patients time and money. If you want good quality care go somewhere else. He has great bedside manner, but it is all a cover to his unnecessary prescribing of test and medicines.

Submitted July 10, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Takes care of patients like family. Would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

This doctor is terrible. He is ALWAYS LATE and not just a little late, but VERY late. He thinks his time is more valuable than anyone else's time and thinks nothing of making you wait for hours and hours, each time you have an appointment. He greatly increases your blood pressure, which is ironic for a heart doctor. Also his billing office is a joke. They make a mess of your finances; never properly bill you. You have no idea how much money you owe at any time. His office staff tries to do the best they can under very trying circumstances. I felt sorry for them working for such a lame brained doctor. Run from this doctor. Do not go to him!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Just had our very first office visit with this Doctor. He was very polite,helpful & knowledgeable. That is where it stopped. You pay your co-pay before anyone even talks to you. Then staff was,not helpful,no communication,very unorganized,just didnt care. We had an appointment and we were there 8hrs to get testing done. No one even told us it would take this long. We were communicating with other patients to find out how much longer each of us had left. Privacy is a big concern, the staff talk to you about all your test in front of all the other patients. Very unprofessional... We had all our test done and now going for a catherization, but I am debating on getting a second opinion I left very uneasy and frustrated. The Doctor tried to ease our fears and apologiezed but just not sure, still might get a second opinion. If I had known all this I probably would have not chosen this doctors office. If you do choose to go here be prepared for long waits. Good Luck!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

A very fine cardiologist, his patients adore him and most sites rate him 4.5 out of 5.0, only problem are the testing delays (wait time). He has been my doctor for over a year, extendeded my life by putting 4 stints in, 1 a week last June...doing fine now.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

I consider Dr Arora very polite, extremely knowlegeable and explains medical problem with care and in laymens terms. Very professional and knowlegeable in his expertise. Highly recommend to all. Very caring and listens to his patients.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

I am not qualified to rate the knowledge and expertise of this Doctor, but he seemed to be very confident in his abilities and I have no complaints in that category. I am qualified in customer service however, and on that score, they have very courteous and helpful staff, but are so overbooked with patients that every step of the process is slow. Two visits (by appt, not a walk-in) took me more than 8 hours to get through approx. 1 hour total testing. The Dr. was late to every meeting that HE scheduled with me - and not just late, but very late - more than an hour each time. He really needs to work on this. What people with heart problems do not need is the frustration and stress of having to wait, wait, wait.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Umesh K. Arora's Credentials

• All India Inst Of Med Sci, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med