Ratings for Dr. Laura S. Zimmermann

Always a pleasant experience! I have been seeing Dr. Zimmerman for 14+ years! I have always found her to be completely professional. I find it distasteful that someone would write some of these reviews below. This is not the place for these type of claims.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I made an appt with Dr. Z and was told that she would accept my insurance-Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Three days before my appt., a staff member called me to tell me that I might have to pay as much as $350 for the visit. I was shocked since the other staff member told me that Dr. Z would accept my insurance. I cancelled the appt immediately. Since my gyn has left her medical practice to go out on leave, I have been seeking a female gyn. I wasted precious time waiting for my appt with Dr. Zimmerman. She is absolutely unethical. She just wasn't patients who are pregnant and young. This is an excellent example of age discrimination.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

It's harsh to see that someone has something bad to say about Dr. Zimmerman. I started to go to her after I got pregnant. She was the best ! She answered all my questions and she has a nurse by the name of lynn that is outstanding. they both cater to my needs and when I got really sick Lynn called me at home and checked up on me a couple of times. Dr. Zimmerman delivered m y baby girl back in Jun 2014 via c-section and to tell you the truth I am so grateful that she was the one to do my delivery. She acutually stood at the hospital after it was time to go just so she can do my c-section and my scare you can hardly tell. It is straight as a line and no bumps. She closed me up so perfectly that as much as I went through pain if I have another child she would be the one to do my c-section again (as I was told i would have to get another c-section). I would definitely recommend her to everyone I know. She is the greatest !!! Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I'm surprised people have had something negative to say. Dr. Zimmerman has been my regular GYN for years now and is currently my doctor during my first pregnancy. She has always been kind and willing to answer any questions. She seemed just as excited as me during my last appointment while listening to the baby's heartbeat! I am hopeful that she will be the one to deliver my baby (at SMG its whoever is on call when you go into labor) and the fact that it might not be her is really my only complaint. I will continue to se Dr. Zimmerman after my baby and for babies in the future. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I do not understand why anyone would give Dr. Zimmerman a bad review. She recently delivered my third child by c-section and did a great job. She was very caring the whole time even in the OR when I suffered a panic attack for some reason. I was hesitant finding a new obgyn since my dr retired but she made the transition smooth I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I started seeing doctor Zimmerman after I moved to Westfield and found out I was pregnant with my firt child. I went with her out of convenience as she was the only doctor in the Westfield SMG office. From the start I felt she lacked bedside manner and as it was my first pregnancy, did not explain what my body was going through. When I found out I had BREAST CANCER in my 3rd trimester, her bedside manner did not improve and she never followed up with after my son was born (healthy thank God) to see if we were both ok. As you can imagine, this was a scarey time for me and you would think your OBGYN would be there for you in such a time to answer questions and guide you through. Thank God she was not the one to deliver my child. I recommend you THINK TWICE before going to Dr. Zimmerman, as she lacks bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

This is one of these doctors who will not help someone who really needs help. She is not caring. DOes not follow up with a phone call even when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

My first visit with Dr. Zimmermann took a few months of rescheduling to get in. I was put off many times because they said she needed to be in surgery. Okay, well understandable...babies are not predictable. Once there, I found that her bedside manner though was a bit "cold" and when I asked a few questions, she kind of put me off and made me feel as if I should not ask a stupid question of her? Actually, she did not know the response I realized later so I went thru other channels to resolve my concerns! I am not sure if I will be a returning patient!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Found Dr. Zimmerman to be one of the best doctors I have ever had. Just sailed through a hysterectomy with no problems and all. I would definitely recommend her to anyone... Not at all cold and uncaring - quite the opposite!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I have to agree that her bedside manner is not the best. She seemed to be a good listener but then suggested two surgical procedures for my problems, neither of which would have relieved the symptoms concerning me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Laura S. Zimmermann's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AHC