Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Offutt

very competent and caring. highly recommend. straight to the point and focused.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

My child committed suicide while under the care of Dr. Offutt! He stated that he never saw any signs.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Offutt since 2003 and he has seen my daughter. I have had a very positive results. First, I would like to say that after reading the comments made regarding children with ADHD, in my opinion this is the same person. When I took my Daughter to see Offutt, I never observed or experienced any of the negative comments. Even with my own visit Offutt has never displayed any of mentioned encounters. I also find it alarming that positive comments are removed. Offutt is an enthusiastic doctor with great diagnostic skills and uses multiple approaches to treatment in preventing, diagnosing, and treating mental illness/emotional disorders. The idea behind his therapy is to bring people's lives into their subconscious in helping deal with these issues and unconscious conflicts. He focus on therapy that helps the person bring these issues to a conscious level where they can understood and dealt with these issues. I highly recommend Dr. Offutt.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

My son was diagnosed with ADHD by Dr. Offutt. We saw Dr. Offutt a handful of times and never felt comfortable with him. He spoke in a condesending tone to me and intimidated my son. It was not a comfortable atmosphere. My son also told me that during his sessions, he played in a play room while Dr. Offutt worked in his office across the hall. We sought assistance elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

for the first 3 years,I didnt believe my son when he told me tht the dr made appts w/ other pts during his time sitting in w/ him.Firguring that my son is still need of help.But Dr.Offut messed up & became too comfortable & one day i referred my older4 pre marriage issues or rather anger issues & my son told me the same thing. He told me tht his baby brother shouldnt see this man because obvously,his bro was telling the truth all those 3years.!This dr saw me on time& ws punctual alright tho the ins barely pays these drs, he was doubling up on appts 2 build up a revenueI ran n2 a female one day tht ws hot mad outside the door of his & she expln dr offutts method 2 be the same & she sd her son hd same ins & sd tht she wasted five yrs of therapy on this dr 4nothing! now my baby son is 27 yrs old & I hd wish I hadnt wasted my sick time from wk& rushed 2this drs office all wasted3 yrs! my son is wonderful now but he validated still i ws a good mother 4 just trying to do something 4 him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Very bad experience. Took our child for ADHD evaluation. After the visit our child told us Dr. Offut gave him a chill pill. Called to ask if any medication was given without being discussed - and he got very rude with both myself and my wife - canceled our child's next appointment without us asking him to. I was simply calling to see if our child was given a placebo or candy or something - and he flipped out on us for just asking. If my child is taken into a room alone with any adult - and later tells me he was given a pill - I'm going to ask about it! Very unprofessional this Dr. Offut. My child later said he was not given a pill - don't know where he picked up chill pill or why he used that phrase. Forgot about it then weeks later get a call from Dr. Offut about an appointment today (that we were told by him he was canceling it weeks ago). He goes on to tell us we owe him an apology! I remained polite and professional despite being offended. He owes us an apology. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

He is very understanding and willing to assist you with all your needs. I have never had to wait for his appointment. He is always on time.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

My child suffered from ADHD and was deeply emotionally distressed. For more than 3 years we sat with Offutt weekly, or bi-monthly. After 3 years my child finally refused to continue with his appointments saying that Offutt was not helping him. He read newspapers, answered his cell phone to make other patients' appointments and talk to his wife. Once we left we sought the services of a family therapist who really dug down into my child's emotions and helped more in 6 months than Offutt did in 3+ years!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007