Ratings for Dr. Duska Vukojevic

She was dr with my son and I asked for that because she saved my daughter's life she also caught my cancer early and has been nothing but super for me and my family I love her and would send anyone to her

flag | Submitted September 26, 2019

Over the course of a year I had regular appointments and found this Doctor pleasant but cannot say that for her Receptionist. Every time while sitting in the waiting area she was loud and obtrusive. Her desk sits in the middle of the room where she has a perfect audience of unwitting patients to deal with her drama which you cannot avoid. Plus no privacy when registering either. Needless to say I found a new OBGNY who is professional including her office staff who are respectful and quiet.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

I am humbled to share my experience spanning over 5 years of treatment by Dr. Vukojevic. The first thing I want to share is that the sheer excellence, commitment, knowledge, and ability of Dr. Vukojevic, in so many ways, saved my life. In my case, I almost waited to see Dr. Vukojevic until it was too late. At my first appointment, she immediately recognized the potential danger of what was going on with the symptoms I was exhibiting and within days I found myself on an operating table where an initial exploratory surgery was carried out. The news from the lab results were not good. I had cancer that was well progressed. I was never judged for not seeking treatment earlier and the only thing that mattered to Dr. Vukojevic was saving my life. The bottom line was that I needed major surgery, the sooner the better. Then there was a huge setback in that there would be a delay of several months for me to have the surgery at the regional cancer center. Dr. Vukojevic knew what she found during the exploratory surgery, and she knew a delay in me getting surgery was not going to be good. With the blessing of the doctors at the cancer center hospital, because Dr. Vukojevic is a respected, accomplished surgeon in her own right, she carried out the surgery herself within two weeks in Belleville. The surgery was extensive and revealed the progression of the cancer was even worse than expected. While Dr. Vukojevic was confident she got it all, she highly recommended follow up treatment at the cancer center. In the months that followed , I went through invasive follow up treatments at the cancer center where other doctors who respect Dr. Vukojevic praised her immediate surgical intervention. At all times Dr. Vukojevic was monitoring what was happening with regards to the progression of my treatment. Despite the outstanding follow up treatment and monitoring at the cancer center, living my life in 3 month segments between check ups , and returning to the cancer center where I had been treated became too much for me to deal with. From a mental health standpoint, I became a seriously broken person. In light of this, the cancer center relinquished the check ups to Dr. Vukojevic back in Belleville. Dr. Vukojevic not only took over this responsibility, but did so with an incredible level of compassion and understanding related to my specific situation. At the same time, Dr. Vukojevic counseled me on exactly what I had to do on my side to keep my recovery, both physically and mentally on track. Last month, after 5 years, I had what turned out to be my last cancer check up with Dr. Vukojevic. After that appointment I was sent for a wide series of test which determined I was 100% cancer free and therefore formally discharged from the cancer monitoring program. To me, Dr. Vukojevic is far more than just an accomplished specialist medical doctor, she is an outstanding person who is an excellent listener. A doctor who asks lots of questions to better understand her patients and their conditions, a doctor who will not pass judgment yet will provide advice in order to assist her patients as she did with me through the darkest times in my life. Before leaving Dr. Vukojevic's office last month I told her like it is. I respect her as a doctor, and I love her as a person.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2019

I’ve had one visit, and needless to say I instantly transferred my health care back to my family doctor. Not only did the nurse make me feel very uncomfortable from previous trauma wounds, but the doctor herself was very unprofessional by interrogating me about my diagnosed C-PTSD, how it affects me, and what the reason was for me being medically written off from work (in a tone that inferred I didn’t look to her like I needed to be medically written off). She is completely outdated on compassionate medical care, lacks trauma informed approaches, and left me feeling stigmatized, upset, and uncomfortable. After repeatedly explaining to her I work very closely with a therapist and my family doctor, she still continued to press me about what my symptoms were, not once relating the direct questions to why she could be concerned for my prenatal care (which if my medical practitioner had any concerns it would have been sent over with my referral). Lastly, upon her requesting a pelvic exam, she left me in the room for 25 minutes un-clothed and propped on the table for a pelvic exam without explanation on why she did not return for so long. It has been over 4 weeks since I’ve been contacted for an appointment, her lack of organization and follow up has caused me to miss the window for my glucose testing, and her office has failed to return my calls. I went with her due to her excellent reviews but instead was left with a terrible experience, and lack of quality medical care for myself and my unborn baby. I’m now almost 30 weeks with the added stress of having to drive to Kingston to see my family doctor for consistent, quality medical care. I work in the social service sector, and I highly recommend herself and her team inquire about compassionate care with mental health and traumas in patients seminars, and I also suggest better time management, organizational skills, and training of her employees (given she was belittling them in front of me for not knowing where certain forms were). On top of my personal encounter, her offices are not built in a manner that respects patient-doctor confidentiality as I could hear the entire conversations/fetal Dopplers of other patients in adjoining rooms. Overall I would not recommend this OBGYN to anyone I know expecting and I’m concerned that in 2019 that this is the kind of outdated, unprofessional Medical care that exists. I knew Hastings County had struggled to provide quality care for its citizens, but this experience has topped the cake since I moved up here.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

She’s kind and compassionate, takes time to answer any questions or concerns and is genuinely a wonderful person. I’m grateful to have met her and had her help me through two pregnancies.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2019

Unbelievable doctor. She is honest and straight to the point with incredible bedside manner. Dr Vukojevic’s knowledge will blow you away. I’ve never trusted a doctor so much or received such professional medical care. A genuine, wonderful lady.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2019

It is a shame such a great doctor has a horrible receptionist. The receptionist treated me with so much ignorance that I decided to get a different OB. It is too bad, as Dr. Vukojevic is professional and charming !

Submitted June 24, 2019

I would recommend Dr. Vukojevic in a heartbeat. An amazing woman with compassion, a heart of gold and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

She took the time to answer any and all questions. She is knowledgeable, patient and kind. Compassionate in helping me through my miscarriage. I couldn't ask for more.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

dr Vukojevic is very good doctor. She is knowledgeable, kind, and gentle.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018