Ratings for Dr. Jonathan D. Beamer

Dr. Beamer has helped me become the best person that I could possibly be. He recognized my strengths and helped me come into fruition with my creativity, skills and self understanding. Dr. Beamer has been a blessing in my life and I will always be grateful for his hand in my success. He has helped me meet the challenges with my bipolar illness, and has promoted my mental wellness. He set healthy boundaries and I haven't had an episode of depression since seeing him many years ago. I will never forget his concern, kindness or expertise in healing a broken heart, He is an amazing psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Beamer years ago and, having visited many therapists, he was the best I have seen. I am shocked at some of the negative remarks in a few of the reviews and can't imagine it's the same person. Dr. Beamer is professional, helpful, skilled and anything but demeaning. I suppose sometimes the therapist-patient relationship has something to do with chemistry, but to me this Doctor is first rate .

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Super-smart, invigorating, spirited, compassionate, sensitive, funny, inspiring, and just oh-so damn good. After years of spinning around in chronic relapse cycles and overall wildchildness, I was finally grounded by the intensely restorative presence of Dr. Jonathan Beamer. I began seeing him weekly almost four years ago, in the shakiest days of early recovery, and I have been clean and sober since. Dr. Beamer is a maestro of the essential therapeutic skills – he has attunement, co-regulation, and internal expansion down. See him, and you will become more aware, more alive, more connected to your self, more able to love and whole-heartedly make some meaning while on this crazy ride.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr Beamer was recommended because he is willing to take complex cases. I am satisfied with his direction in my medication management and therapy. I find him challenging in his approach, which has enabled me to grow within the course of treatment. I would recommend him to people who are willing and able to enter a therapeutic relationship regardless of their level of pain, suffering, isolation, suicidal ideation, and diagnosis. It is true, he is not a "warm and fuzzy" practitioner, he is direct, challenging and I believe truly interested in my healing.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

He did not openly explain the type of therapy that he was into. I got myself into a therapy that was not helpful to me. Be careful if you are female as he feeds off your insecurities and weakness. Yes very ego-centric.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Awesome, very good doc. helped me get straight again. showed me how to use my own strenghts.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

I cannot believe the other posts are talking about the same doc. He is extremely helpful, he does set boundaries as that is what is usually needed for trust to continue in therapy. Have maintained my medications as needed for past two years, so that is not an issue. Well educated and informed on latest therapies. Excellent with Personality Disorders. Taught me about mindfulness and I was able to work through life long issues that I had with dysfunctional family and traumatic events. If you work with him, he will work with you. If you set yourself up to fail and are angry and will not do the work, then you will fail. I trust this doc and he does a great job.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

I saw Dr Beamer for an initial consultation for severe complex PTSD issues shortly after he began his practice in Santa Fe close to 3 years ago. I did not appreciate his bedside manner. I found him to be into his head and overly clinical in his interactions. I felt unsafe with him due to boundary issues that violated my space. He purported to be a "holistic" psychiatrist, but he explained he would not see me unless I dropped my current psychotherapist and see him alone. True holistic doctors allow the patient to be in charge and co-manage their care. I felt Dr Beamer was a dominating, controlling type of doctor with a medical deity (MD) complex and I had no further desire to see him after my initial consult. I was in a vulnerable PTSD state, and I felt he was not sensitive to my boundaries and was energetically invasive. As a former mental health nurse, I actually left his office feeling re-traumatized after my interactions with Dr Beamer. A very negative experience for me.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

OK at first but did not seem to move forward and stayed on same stuff for a long time. Would have liked to see a little more give and take with conversations. Probably will try another doc.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Was referred to this doctor by my therapist while he was in Australia for a while because I was going through a really bad phase and not able to guarantee my safety. He was so patronising and overbearing, that I came away feeling ten times worse and actually wanted to kill myself. I agree with previous poster - if you're in a good place, maybe he is good but not if you're feeling low on self-esteem.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. Jonathan D. Beamer's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Delta Dental