Ratings for Dr. Matthew Jimenez

I am an older male, and I carry a fair amount of weight. I have a sedentary occupation that involves sitting for long stretches of time. About seven years ago I developed arthritis of the hips and had to use forearm crutches to get around. I was diagnosed as needing a complete hip joint replacement for my left hip, with another hip replacement operation in the very near future for the right one. In researching the method used for hip replacement operations at that time, I learned that it involved incisions to the large muscle groups, a post-op recovery of a number of days and an extensive rehabilitation time after that, with good mobility possible after an extended period. Additionally, I have rather dense bones which makes any work on them (dental, oral surgery) rather protracted and difficult. My Rheumatologist recommended Dr. Jimenez because he was certified on a newer, Anterior Method (from the front of the hip joint), involving less trauma to the muscles, shorter post-op and rehabilitation periods, and a good chance for excellent range-of-motion results. My Rheumatologist did have some concern of my bulk possibly preventing me from qualifying for the Anterior Method. When I met with Dr. Jimenez for the initial consultation and examination, he had no hesitation in accepting my situation, letting me know that I qualified for the Anterior Method, and presenting me with hope for a good outcome of the surgery. Dr. Jimenez performed the operation on my left hip in December of 2013. My bulk and bone density presented a challenge which the Doctor was able to meet. Within 12 hours I was up and walking around, and my rehabilitation was accomplished very quickly with the excellent range-of-motion that I enjoyed at that point. In December of 2017, Dr. Jimenez successfully completed a full hip replacement using the Anterior Method again on my right hip. The result was the same quick post-op recovery, very effective rehabilitation, and excellent range-of-motion. I would unhesitatingly recommend Dr. Jimenez as an outstanding Surgeon. “Thank You Doctor, I know my case was a challenge, and I’m very glad that you were willing to take me on – Twice.”

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

I had a total hip replacement 3 mos ago with Dr. Jimenez. I was back walking 5 miles a day at 2 weeks with no pain. I have total mobility and flexibility with no pain. This whole experience was nothing like I thought it would be. I am very glad I did this with Dr. Jimenez.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

When I started experiencing knee pain my doctor referred me to an orthopedic practice in Park Ridge. When I called the office, I was surprised to get an answering machine and I should have known then that something was wrong. They called me back 2 days later and I made an appointment. When I saw the doctor, he gave me a shot and sent me home – no ex-rays - and I was probably there for 5 minutes. The next day, Friday, I had extreme pain, called again and got the answering machine. They called me back on Tuesday and said they didn’t have any openings for a week. After I complained they gave me an appointment the next day and the doctor told me that he either got air in the shot or placed it in the wrong place. Again, I should have run but I didn’t, 4 visits later he told me I had a torn meniscus and would need an operation. After the operation, he told me I would have a healthy knee for years to come. I experienced pain in my knee every day for about 2 months before I called for another appointment and this time he told me I needed a knee replacement. What????? That is when I decided to finally find another doctor. Dr. Jimenez had operated, very successful, on my mom 20 years ago so I decided to see him and what a difference. His office is so professional, he is patient and kind and takes his time with you as well as explains everything to you. His office staff is wonderful as well, Chelsea and Bobby make you feel comfortable and are really a joy to talk too. Every time I call there Chelsea answers the phone and takes care of everything promptly and without delay. I haven’t had any pain in my knee and I only wish I had done this 5 years ago. So, don’t waste your time going anywhere else but Illinois Bone and Joint and see Dr. Jimenez and Chelsea because you will be in very good hands.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I am so very fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Matthew Jimenez. I had a full hip replacement and after just three weeks I was back at work full time! I spent two nights in the hospital and would have gone home after just one night, but due to my low blood pressure I spent another night. I experienced minimal pain, was walking the day after surgery (including doing stairs!). I was released without restrictions and had home physical therapy (3 times per week) for three weeks. I graduated from a walker after one week to a cane for two weeks and returned to work after just three weeks. My recovery has been very impressive and I owe it all to the fine care of Dr. Jimenez and his team of professionals. The pain I was experiencing prior to surgery is completely gone. I need to have my other hip replaced and am already making plans to schedule this with Dr. Jimenez soon. I would certainly tell anyone considering this surgery to see Dr. Jimenez for consultation.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Matthew Jimenez performed my right hip replacement in Sept. 2016. I could not be happier! I found Dr. Jimenez to be responsive and genuinely concerned with my progress every step of the way. I highly recommend him and his team. If you are considering joint replacement -- you need to investigate the different approaches to the procedure and go with someone who is up to date on the latest advances. The anterior approach is the way to go and Dr. Jimenez and his team lived up to their reputations. I wish I would have done more research when I had my knee replacement 6 years ago. Had I known about Dr. Jimenez and his less invasive techniques -- I would have had him do my knee replacement as well. Do the physical therapy -- get up and get moving -- and you'll do fine! Dr. Jimenez and his team will take excellent care of you!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I dislocated/broke both arms/shoulders/chest/ribs. I had two ORIF's, one hardware removal, and am having another hardware removal Friday. No one else would have been able to save my arms. My sockets FELL OFF and were shattered. He put me back together again, better than anyone else could, better than anyone thought he could. He is confident and even said he was so challenged with me. The wait time is long because he is thorough so expect that. Also, people calling him rude is untrue. He is assertive. He doesn't take BS and just wants to explain his view. He was so caring for me during the whole process. I am only 32 so it is sad to lose function this young. His compassion is great. The staff was/is great. Always sneaking in to talk and catch up. He even had students help in the OR to learn how to fix traumatic breaks like mine. I felt better having a lot of people in the OR. Like a mini party, LOL. His office also set me up with Dr. Clay for pain management. They work together on my case. Very smart and professional while still being human and really feeling for you. Extreme cases, please see him. At least get a second opinion with him if you go somewhere else. We always say it was meant to be and that Dr. Jimenez is my angel! The first ER SENT ME HOME with no X-Rays. I went to LGH and luckily that is where I met Dr. Jimenez. So lucky. So thankful.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I feel very fortunate that I had such a knowledgeable and competent trauma surgeon to help me overcome a devastating car accident. On Febuary 21, 2015, I was struck by an automoble as I walked across the street. At this time, I did not know what to expect or what the outcome of my injuries would be. Dr. Jimenez was thorough with his diagnosis and explained everything that I could expect with my future medical treatment. He was professional, kind, and always made sure that I had the best possible care. His medical staff was warm, friendly, and extremely supportive. I could not be more pleases with the outcome of my surgery and my future. I would highly recommend Dr. Jimenez and his wonderful medical team.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Be prepare to talk to interns and wait at least an hour and a half to see the doctor for few seconds.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

After constant pain for many years I finally went to see Dr Jimenez. He showed me on the x-rays that my hips had zero cartilage. He told me he could fix me. After my left hip was replaced I played 36 holes of golf 30 days after the surgery. I had the right one done a year later and now I am totally pain free and can even run again. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

My hip replacement was perfect and my life is mine again! He is skilled, prompt, reassuring, and delivers what is promised. plus he takes the guesswork out of recovery options.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Dr. Matthew Jimenez's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morton Grove, IL