Ratings for Dr. John M. James

I feel that Dr James could care less about his pts. He used to be a very caring dr. He rarely sees his pts. He always sends in a nurse practitioner

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I went to Dr James for many years. He gave me antibiotics for many years that I didn't need. I found this out years later. I had had ear infections. I needed an ear specialist which I later got. Later on I had stroke symptoms which I told him about. He ignored them. In 2004 he cleaned his books of all of his medicaid ppl. His office worker said we were too much trouble. That very next month I was in EAMC having open heart surgery. I was 80% blocked in 4 arteries! He never gave me a stress test-I never knew what they were till I went to the other doctor who referred me to a heart doctor. I could have been dead! Dr James did me a favor when he released all of his medicaid ppl. I didn't start breathing badly when I started going to my other dr. It had been going on for some years. James would only say,'Are you still smoking?" That would be that. He had a wonderful reputation for a long time. Then h e started acting as tho he didn't care. I got around 10 min pr visit. He didn't care.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

95% of the time Dr. James see me. He always is very concern about your problems. If needed he will send you to specialist to help you. He staff is always very nice to me.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Dr James is one of the best. I have been using him for several years. His staff is also great.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2008

In the 4 yrs. I have gone to his ofice, I can count on one hand how many times he has seen me. Actually, he has only seen me once when I had a rash all over my body. He sits at his computer in the hallway and sends his CNP's in to see me. Last month, his CNP misdiagnosed me. Has no face 2 face time with me which I think is VERY important for a dr/patient relationship. He does have 2 other drs. there and twice when Dr. James wasn't there and I needed to see a dr., the other drs. came in to see me but Dr. James doesn't.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2007

Dr. John M. James's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Amerigroup