Ratings for Dr. W. HODGES Davis

Dr. Davis did a great job with my ankle reconstruction. His PA was super nice. Dr. Davis has been very nice.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I had a left ankle replacement by Dr. Davis on February 15, 2012. He did an absolutely amazing job. He is a very personable and caring surgeon who takes the time to explain everything pre-surgery and post-surgery as what to expect. I was using a cane and wheelchair before the surgery and am now able to walk with little or no pain. Certain times of the year still give me some discomfort, be he made me aware of that in advance. Prior to having the replacement, I had had an ankle fusion by another surgeon in Pittsburgh. Worst mistake I had ever made. The pain after the fusion was unbearable. I had the fusion reversed by another surgeon in Sharon, PA and that was the second worst experience. I have and would recommend Dr. Davis to anyone with foot and ankle issues. He is absolutely the best surgeon I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I had an Achilles bone spur removed from my right foot in 2005. As predicted by Dr. Davis, it took 8 months to heal completely. He did an excellent job and my right foot is now pain free. I will be going back to have my left foot fixed in the near future.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Medcost insurance. Had surgery on both feet for hammertoes and bunionettes and a bump on top of my foot. I had surgery in May 2013 and have yet to see him post op. I have seen two fellows and was supposed to see him for a post op visit and needed to reschedule he has no appts until Dec 2013. My 5th tow is going under my 4th toe, I have scars still from the sutures. When my suture were taken out the Ortho Tech attempted to take them out caused me a lot of pain and missed about 7 stitches that I had to remove at home. He took the knots and left some of the sutures. He was very nervous and seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. I will not go to Dr. Davis or his staff treat me again. I should have gon to a podiatrist. There are a few really good ones. Kevin Killian is really the best. I will not refer any of my friends or colleagues to Dr. Davis.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

I found Dr. Hodges Davis to be pleasant, competent, and very professional. His reconstruction surgery on my left foot enabled me to walk without pain for the first time in a decade. I'm just amazed at how much better I feel and how much further I can walk. This is after every one of the other three or four surgeons I consulted with told me there was nothing they could do to help. His follow up was attentive, informative, and helpful. I am very pleased with him, with his surgical team, and with OrthoCarolina.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I had a bone spur on my right foot as well as arthritis. Dr. Davis diagnosed Hallux Rigidus and performed surgery to remove the spur and free up the joint (big toe). 7 weeks after surgery I am doing very well and am looking forward to running again. Dr. Davis is very professional and takes the time to explain the pros and cons of any potential procedure. I was also pleased with the professionalism of his staff and PA.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Surgery on my left foot/ankle in 04/05. My big toe is shorter, and the joint is collapsed. I have sharp pains in that toe and nerve damage. The left side of my foot hurt for a long time. I was told the screw in my heel needed to be removed. The pain on the side continued. I was sent to a therapist to break loose scar tissue which did not work. Finaly, a new doctor x-rayed my foot and had Dr. Davis tell me that 2 bones were rubbing together causing the pain. Dr. Davis wanted to do more surgery to fuse the bones. I said no to him. I am left with a deformed foot that has a lot of nerve damage that is annoying and hard to live with. The foot messes up my balance and causes me to fall to my right side. I stumble a lot and have to be careful of every step I take. The surgeries I had totally messed up my foot and the rest of my life. I had to quit my job, and it is difficult to function within my family because of the effects of my surgery and the foot limitations. Activity ts very limited.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU.I GOT STAFF AF TER THE OPERATION .HAD TO HAVE LEG CUT OFF 2INCHES.HAVE SPEC.SHOES THAT INSURANCEWILL WILL NOT PAID FOR.PLASE LISTION TO ME

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

dr davis has massive ego, when ankle block failed he acted like a child, and later denied the problem, which while painful was not the point as he saying i was wrong about pain. after making at least 5 calls to office i have yet to rec. call.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Hodges Davis is absolutely the worst surgeon I have ever been to. He did my foor surgery which was supposed to be overnight. ended up staying a week. He never visited me nor did he see me for follow up- his PA did the after-surgery visit and he was a jerk! After surgery, I had extensive nerve damage which has lasted 2 years.I wouldn't let Davis operate on a mongrel dog !!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. W. HODGES Davis's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Centene