Ratings for Dr. Glori S. Short

Dr. Short is an excellent Doctor, very professional, and takes her time with her patients. However, each visit I have a wait time of 2 to 4 hours in the waiting room and a wait time of at least 30 minutes in the exam room. Communication can be a problem. I had a problem with a medication that needed to be changed and that I also needed daily. It took a week for her nurse to finally call in the new med. I have found that is normal for her office.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Short does NOT schedule births. I've been using her for 5 years and she was my doctor during my pregnancy. I actually begged her to schedule a day for me to have my son because I was so ready to give birth and she wouldn't do it. She said he would come when he was ready and he did! My water broke at home and I had my child naturally at Cullman Regional. Dr. Sheffield actually delivered my son because he was the doctor on call that afternoon. I loved Dr. Short, Dr. Sheffield and Cullman Regional Hospital. It was a wonderful experience and I still use Dr. Short and plan on having another child. You do have to wait a long time at appointments but she is a wonderful doctor and I never had any unnecessary tests or scheduled births. She always does what's best for her patients. Doctor's are human and no one is perfect. I live an hour outside cullman and I drive it because I feel Dr. Short is the best. I have lots of friends who use Dr. Short also and I have never a heard a bad comment about her practice. I highly recommend Dr. Glori Short.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr. Short really does schedule births as has been said. I was told that I needed to be induce two weeks early just so the baby wouldn't be "too big for my frame" but that it was my choice. This worried me so I agreed to be induce not knowing that being induced early carries a higher risk of having to do a c-section. I ended up having a c-section at a young age and feel like I was cheated out of the natural birthing process. Dr. Short also comes off a little snobby. Bad experience.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

The waiting is way too long, my first visit there took a good 3 hours...two of it in just waiting alone...never saw Dr. short, just her nurse practioner. The practioner was nice, and tried to be informative, but to be honest I felt pressured to fall on the hormone therapy wagon which I repeatedly I did not want to do. Office staff , some could be a tad friendlier....Whole atmosphere there feels rushed and over scheduled , and they really push tests there, the kind that will make money for the hospital... I was told to come back a second and then a third time for tests that were suposed to have been done on my first visit...so that is inconvenient and very annoying...have stil not met Dr. Short....Whie I am sure she is a nice lady, and knowledgeable in every way, the way things are run there makes me want to try and fine a much less crowded office not intertwined with a hospital per se...way, way too chaotic and time consuming...

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

She is a great doctor to talk too. Sometimes it can be a rush but all in all its worth the rush. Even tho sometimes she wasn't there for my appointments when I was pregnant, and I was a high risk,she was there for the birth! I still go to her today!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

As a forty-five year old woman, I was VERY disappointed with Dr. Short. As I was going through perimenopause, she kept suggesting that I needed to have a hysterectomy, and my ovaries removed as well. I was having a lot of symptoms, such as ovarian cysts, etc. Finally, I let her talk me into doing the surgery and I DEEPLY regret it!! Basically, she just loves doing surgery,making money, and making her schedule convenient for HERSELF, not for her patients. In a very trying time in my life, she gave me the WRONG advice. She can move on, while I will have to live with that decision for the rest of my life. She offered no personal advice, nor did she take the time to 'listen' to my concerns. What little opportunity I had to discuss things with her was while sitting on the exam table wrapped in a paper towel. Pregnancy, birth, menopause are all vulnerable times in a woman's life. Please choose a doctor who will LISTEN TO YOU and help you make the right decision for YOU!! It's not Dr. Short!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Short is an amazing physician. I agree that the wait can be bad but you wait for a lot of doctors. In my honest opinion she is worth the wait. She took very good care of my baby and me. She was very concerned and took extra precautions to keep us both safe. I highly recommened Dr. Short.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Short is a sweetheart. She is caring and wonderful to work with. She is a treasure. The office is a bit overloaded and you will wait sometimes for 2 hours, staff could be a little friendlier. She, however, is a darling and I loved her bedside manner and professionalism. She is the best!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

I do not reccomend Dr. Short! Each visit you go to you will likely wait over an hour each time! One visit inparticular I waited four and a half hours! not very comfy when sitting there with a pregnant belly and sciatica pain! I also agree I don't like how she "schedules" EVERY birth! I was told they did this because the delivering Dr gets 80% of insurance $. Have no clue if its true or not but thats what I was told by a friend that used to work there. She is a very sweet woman but has no time for you or your baby. She comes in does her thing and leaves. Many visits I was left with my pants still down waiting to have questions answered lol. It was practically that way! I also had a problem with insurance not wanting to pay and she sent them a letter trying to get them to cover a sonogram she ordered. In the letter she stated I had a totally different problem I have NEVER even had! Very sweet but in a matter like this sweet isn't everything!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Short is a very good Ob/Gyn.She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever and is very knowledgeable.Yes the wait times in the office can be pretty rough,but it's that way in any big practice where you several doctors,and especially with Ob's who by nature can't run on a strict schedule for one big reason,they have to deliver babies.She is a very sweet lady,and loves every baby that she delivers as if they were own.You can't go wrong by choosing Dr.Short.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Glori S. Short's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

MB Health