Ratings for Dr. John Gaines

This attempt at humor was inappropriate and disrespectful. I left questioning his course of treatment. Would not recommend unless in dire need

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Dr. Gaines is a wonderful doctor who always takes the time to fully inquire about my health. His approach is careful and unobtrusive. His sense of humor and quick wit are just a bonus! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. Gaines is a very caring, knowledgeable doctor. He listens to my health concerns carefully and thoughtfully and is very thorough with my examines. He has been our family physician for many years and we are very happy with his consistent care. His sense of humor is an added bonus to the visit. I will continue to recommend Dr. Gaines to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Gaines is very thorough in his exams.He uses his wonderful sense of humor to put patients at ease. He will not prescibe medicine unless it is truely needed and will explain all the benefits and risks to the patient. He stresses good health through healthy diet and exercise. He truely cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Condescending and arrogant. Doesn't believe patient illnesses. Poor incomplete exams. Attempts comedy, but is really just rude. Stay away at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Gaines is always nice and upbeat. He is also funny, and has a good sense of humor. I usually do not have to waite long in the waiting room. I think that he pays alot of attention to what you tell him and is very thorough when he feels there might be a problem. I have CFS/FM and although he has referred me to a specialist for the FM, he is a non-believer in CFS. I do like him as my GP and I do know that some people drive a long distance to see him.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2007

Dr. John Gaines's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Oxford