Ratings for Dr. Craig A. Camasta

Dr. Camasta is fantastic! It was a complicated surgery, but he aced it! I was sent to him by another podiatrist who couldn't perform the second surgery. Only one time in all of my office visits have I waited long. He is also very personable with good bedside manners.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Excessive wait times. Bills for services never received.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I've had surgery on both my left (2013) and right foot (2011) for tarsal coalitions with Dr. Camasta. YES, you will wait a long time to see him. YES, the front of house staff could handle things better. But there is no one else I would trust with my feet than Dr. Camasta. I am headed in for my 3rd surgery by no fault of his original work and I wouldn't consider using anyone else. He knows his stuff, has always been nothing but kind and knowledgeable and that's whats most important to me. Don't let the wait times and bad reviews turn you off- be prepared to wait knowing he has the best results and experience.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Watch out - he will not do your surgery. You are led to believe he will, but he turns it over to a doctor he is training right after you go under anesthesia. A student (fellow/resident) will do your surgery so be prepared for a nonunion (a bone which won't heal) and long disfiguring scars. Not exactly ethical.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr Camasta performed a 5 hour surgery on my left ankle on September 15, 2014. Prior to surgery I was pretty much unable to walk on my left ankle. Two days ago on March 17, 2015 I played 18 holes of golf and was able to walk most of course. My recovery was almost exactly six months. I am sorry to say that he didn't help my golf game very much though. Entire process from beginning to my current appointment have been handled in a very professional manner. I had my surgery at St. Joseph's. Ed Kirn

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Staff was very unprofessional. They had my insurance totally wrong and told me I owed 20% co-pay that they said I had to pay. I had met my out-of-pocket in June and actually owed nothing. They would not provide me documentation re this and would not let me use their phone to call insurance co because they said they only had two phone lines. I happen to know from previous calls that their phone rolls over to main number if you don't get their office. The staff told me that I did not understand my insurance. After being harassed for !hr 45 mins , staff finally called and said I did not owe anything as I had said. I tried to tell dr about this and he said he did not want to hear about it. He seemed very knowledgeable about my foot problem and went through my mri with me and explained different slices to me. I appreciate his diagnosis. I would not let this dr operate on me because I don't think his staff could do the paperwork that my employer requires when I am out of work. Lazy and incompetent staff. Staff was able to give directions to get home. I had 3:30 appointment and didn't get out til 5:45 because they refused to check my insurance. Also, tremendous markup on the brace dr recommended for $151. The same model number can be found on internet for $31. It does not offer enough support .

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Craig Camasta is a brilliant doctor that truly cares about the health of his patients. I was referred to Dr. Camasta by a highly respected podiatrist after my X-rays revealed more complexity than simple bunion and hammertoe issues. Dr. Camasta took time to review my X-rays with me, explaining what would be corrected. He also provided me with surgery options - and what exactly the options would entail - from recovery to management. My surgery took place the beginning of August 2013. Dr. Camasta and his staff have been nothing short of exceptional since my first visit, to the day of surgery, and every visit since. I knew the surgery would eliminate the painful bunion and hammer toes, but what I did not expect was to have a beautiful foot, too. I can hardly wait for surgery on the right foot! I ask a lot of questions, and his staff, particularly Tina Sattenfield, has responded to every email/call the same day. I wish every doctor/staff was this knowledgable, professional and caring.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

I suffered from chronic degenerative arthritis for many years due to a motorcycle accident that I had in 1995. I already had several screws, bone spurs, bone fragments and basically bone on bone. I literally had very little gap space in the joint & virtually complete loss of any range of motion. Dr. Camasta removed all my old hardware, bone fragments, etc & performed an ankle fusion. PLEASE let me say that he did an absolute AMAZING job! To say that I'm please, is an absolute understatement! I'm am now just 6 months post surgery and am virtually pain free! He even eliminated (for the most part) my limp. He came highly recommended from another podiatric surgeon. I now can do just about anything, within reason, that I could do before my trauma & pain free I might add. Thank you Dr. Camasta and his wonderful staff. You all are a true blessing!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr. Camasta is the most caring dr i have ever met and he did a complete miracle on my foot! HE IS THE BEST!!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

This doctor and his staff are a JOKE! Once they lure you in for surgery, he is DONE with you. No cleaning surgical sites and God FORBID you come back before your time and receive a SNIDE attitude from him. Take your business to a REAL doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Craig A. Camasta's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Camasta is a licensed podiatric surgeon in the U.S., Canada and Australia. He is a widely sought after international lecturer. As a surgical consultant for Helios Hospital Group in Germany, Dr. Camasta teaches reconstructive foot & ankle surgery to orthopedic, trauma, and general surgeons. Dr. Camasta specializes in pediatric and adult reconstructive foot & ankle surgery. He pioneered numerous surgical procedures including primary repair of the ruptured plantar plate in overlapping second hammertoe deformities, reconstruction of the unstable rearfoot & ankle in Charcot patients, tarsal coalition surgery in pediatric patients, and bone-graft repair following failed bunion surgery. Dr. Camasta is well known for treating difficult bone and soft tissue tumors and infections, and specializes in revision surgery in patients with previously unsuccessful surgical results. Operation Walk, Inc, a non-profit, established by Dr. Camasta, provides lower extremity surgery and educates surgeons in underserved countries. Dr. Camasta uses his surgical expertise to treat complex deformities including neonatal and neglected clubfoot, congenital deformities (polydactyly, macrodactyly, arthrogryphosis, calcaneovalgus), trauma and burn victims, neurological conditions affecting the lower extremity (spina bifida, polio, cerebral palsy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease), infectious diseases (bone infections), and various acquired conditions such as flatfoot, tarsal coalition, cavus foot, arthritis, and juvenile bunions.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Douglasville, GA