Ratings for Dr. Suren Sanmugasunderam

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Shan.. I found him very caring, accommodating and knowledgeable .

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Very rude does not like you Asking questions was very nice gentle first Few visits then you will realise He attitude

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Horrible doctor and person! I had the misfortune of meeting Dr, Shan at London Eye Center. I had previously has laser eye surgery there with another surgeon (who was very nice) but my vision was not as good as it could be, so I went there to have it done again, The tech who tested my eyes before had told me something completely different than what Dr, Shan told me was being done. When I mentioned that to him he instantly got mad and very rude, He was saying things like "Do you want to believe me or the tech?""I don't care what she told you!" "Do you want to do the math?!" "Do you think I'm stupid!?" and much more. I couldn't believe what was happening. He told me I was free to leave If I wanted. I said no I didn't that I had traveled far and had waited over an hour after my appointment time. My heart was pounding and I couldn't look at him any more so I looked straight at the wall in front of me and said calmly and quietly "I don't like how you're talking to me right now." and his response to me was "Well, I'm going to be me!" It went on until finally I had to get up and leave the room. I went out to the reception area and broke down sobbing telling the receptionist I couldn't have surgery with him. I left in complete shock feeling traumatized and without my surgery. I wish I had someone in the room with me and will consider that from now on. It was the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He is completely arrogant and rude. He should not be treating people! Stay away from this doctor at all costs. If I could rate less than 1 star I would!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. I found Dr Shan and the office staff to be excellent. They were quick, efficient, but took the time to answer my questions when I had them. Dr Shan did an excellent job. I am beyond thrilled with my results. His bedside manner was just fine by me. I really liked him and would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Full of himself, arrogant. My 103 year old mother was 15 minutes late for an appointment--no one waiting -- and he refused to see her. She was a regular client. No compassion at all. He diagnosed eye conditions which later turned out to be incorrect.

Submitted October 10, 2017

Today l had my first visit. The staff was courteous, the Dr. was kind, professional, clear and very informative. I look forward to my 2week follow-up. I was respected and he made me feel like an important human being. I did read the reviews before my visit and arrived with anxieties, and left my appointment very satisfied with the medical service that was provided, in fact, no complaints. Valerie

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Rude staff. Rude doctor. Get referred some where else if possible. Patients go to doctors seeking information and health advise, not to be treated without respect. Horrible doctor.

Submitted September 27, 2017

I left Dr. Shan years ago!! He might seem like a good doctor in the beginning, then he gets very impatient if you have any questions. He yelled at me because I asked him one question! And when I read the reviews, I am obviously not the only one he's yelled at! So if you like verbal abuse from some idiot who got a degree and thinks it's a license to mistreat people, go see Dr. Shan!

Submitted July 15, 2017

If I had read the negative reviews about Dr. Sanmugasunderam prior to my recent appointment, I would have not believed it. But I learned today how he is basically like Jekyll and Hyde. Provided you have no questions or comments contrary to the doctor, the appointments are fine - I haven been seeing him for almost 10 years. Today, I questioned whether or not I really needed to see another medical specialist (in another discipline) that Dr. S was going to refer me to. In questioning his professional opinion, he completely lost it. He repeatedly called me stupid, clueless and that I will die because I minimize my symptoms. To that, he added he would not care if I die. I was stunned and could not believe someone was speaking to me like this. And the fact that he is a physician and would speak to a patient in this manner left me stunned. I left thinking, 'maybe he's having a bad day or he's having a crisis' but in reading other people's review, he has a clear history of this type of unprofessional/unstable behavior. The people who have rave reviews about Dr. S clearly have not experienced his 'Hyde' personality. Needless to say, I will not be going back to him and will find another ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I had read some negative comments which made me a bit leery in seeing Dr Sanmugasunderam - my experience was completely positive. He was very friendly and I felt at ease immediately. My questions were fully answered and I left feeling knowledgeable and up to date. I am happy to know that Dr Sanmugasunderam is there and I have no doubt I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017