You may also like

I have been going to this office for a number of years. The eye exam tester enjoys eating food while testing my eyes. So if you like hearing someone licking their fingers and smelling their lunch while sitting in a dark room, you're in luck. When I corrected her on the pronunciation of my name she became extremely rude. Would not recommend. The arrogance of this office is astounding.

Submitted September 28, 2015

I now have had both of my eyes operated on for cataracts, glaucoma, and drains placed in my eye lids to relieve pressures. Being from Prince George I had waited a lengthy period of time and still had a year and half further wait for surgery. The good doctor was so professional and made sure I understood exactly how my procedure was going to give me my sight back and all I could expect. Every procedure went exactly as he explained and I am so grateful to be able to see far and near. The colors are amazing. These I have not had the pleasure of being able to see such vibrant colors and distant vision in years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for me and I can assure you that I will be spreading the good word for you. PS: And I am driving again which I haven't for two years. Sharon Husberg

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I had laser eye surgery last Friday at London Eye Centre. I did not know which surgeon I would have but had read reviews on all 3 possibilities. As it turned out Dr. Sanmugasunderam was the surgeon that day. I completely disagree with all the negative reviews on this board as I found him very comforting through the whole experience. He explained the whole procedure to me before and during the surgery. I am on day 5 now and can read everything without glasses! Needless to say I think you need to read the majority of the reviews as not everyone will be happy with any doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

This is the worst surgeon and I would not trust my eye sight to him. Not only did he not follow through with what I was promised in my consultations, but he gave me attitude and wouldnt listen to anything I was saying. He denied me ativan that the office, nurse, and technicians had promised me telling me that I'm not strong enough to do the surgery and if i can't handle gory details then i don't deserve the ativan. When i asked him to give me a couple minutes to breath (because he was being so rude and condescending before my procedure) he said I've already wasted so much of his time (it had only been 5 minutes), whats a few more minutes going to do. He told me that i don't want the surgery and kept cutting me off to tell me i don't want the surgery (on the day I had paid and reserved to have it done!). I told him i needed the time because what he is telling me (that I'm not strong and i can't handle this and i don't want this) is making me nervous so he snapped back that "i was crappy from the start". He put his hand an inch away from my moms face and waved to shoo her out of the room. I didn't end up doing my surgery that day because he didn't have the patience or care to waste 5 minutes being a normal human being- he wanted to google camera lenses on the office computer and make his thousands without disruption. Avoid him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr Sanmugasunderarm seems to be an excellent doctor. I found him informed and what I liked best is his clear communication about options. He gave me the pros and cons of 3 options, and then let me make the decision about what to do. Would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Horrible horrible doctor. He is rude condescending, misses things and to not mention horrible breath. i mean come on spring for a mint. but anyway i would not go back to him if you paid me...if you ask me his ego has blinded him which is ironic. he also told my father his vision will get worse until he dies soon. shocking!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I noticed that one review of Dr. Shan mentioned Dr. Beattie......well who could ever compare to Dr. Beattie? He was a fantastic Doctor and although he retired long ago, I think he was the best opthalmologist and is sorely missed!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Shan for years, yearly, to check my eyes for potential med-related problems. The office staff are excellent at reminding me, understanding about changes in schedules, and friendly when I am there. Dr Shzn is professional and knowledgable, and very personable. U especially like that he opens his office to student doctors.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Wow. Given all the negative responses, I feel compelled to rate Dr. Shan and describe my experience. I have been seeing him quarterly now for many years and he has performed cataract surgery on both eyes, laser surgery, I've had a detached retina, and am currently being treated for glaucoma. I find him to be extremely knowledgeable, very descriptive in what to expect and very reassuring when I ask questions. He is not defensive when asked about his surgery success rate. All his treatment recommendations are made with explicit considerations of the risks and benefits of the procedure. The only thing a find irksome is the need for an annual referral from my GP - something to do with what he can bill the BC Med Plan.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was unhappy with my visit to Dr. Sanmugasunderam, when I did not understand some words, he became very angry. very impatient, rude, with poor communication skills.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Suren Sanmugasunderam's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to this office for a number of years. Jackie the eye exam tester enjoys eating food while testing my eyes. So if you like hearing someone l..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant prick! Don't waste your time! His parents must be so proud to have raised such an uncaring and condescending son!"

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I now have had both of my eyes operated on for cataracts, glaucoma, and drains placed in my eye lids to relieve pressures. Being from Prince George I had wait..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had laser eye surgery last Friday at London Eye Centre. I did not know which surgeon I would have but had read reviews on all 3 possibilities. As it turned ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is the worst surgeon and I would not trust my eye sight to him. Not only did he not follow through with what I was promised in my consultations, but he gav..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sanmugasunderarm seems to be an excellent doctor. I found him informed and what I liked best is his clear communication about options. He gave me the pros ..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible horrible doctor. He is rude condescending, misses things and to not mention horrible breath. i mean come on spring for a mint. but anyway i would not g..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I noticed that one review of Dr. Shan mentioned Dr. Beattie......well who could ever compare to Dr. Beattie? He was a fantastic Doctor and although he retire..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Shan for years, yearly, to check my eyes for potential med-related problems. The office staff are excellent at reminding me, understanding..."

October 24, 2014
  • First Name changed from "S." to "Suren"

April 29, 2013