Ratings for Dr. Keith Nielsen

Always awesome and professional and friendly. I'll be sticking with him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Nielsen's for 10 years and his work is excellent. He explains things carefully and never pushes for unnecessary treatment. If something isn't quite right there is no charge for adjustment. I highly recommend Dr. Nielsen.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Nielsen for over 5 years. He is very gentle and the fillings and crown I have had done feel great. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new dentist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Had an excellent experience with Dr. Nielsen. He is available to answer your questions and shows you what is wrong and why you need the work. I had a filling that needed to be adjusted, and was accommodated right away and with no charge. They are not trying to get all your money, as he backs up his work if adjustments need to be made.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Very poor service Unprofessional Money monger Insensitive to patient issues

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Had bad experience on three occasions with this clinic, especially with the dentist Kieth Nielsen. They are just there to milk your insurance money - STAY AWAY !! First, was going through a cavity filling. When the hour was getting almost up, the dentist rushed through last set of activities, obviously to make to this next appointment. Left my tooth bite not being right and kept on telling me you could come back (read: so he can make money from my next visit) Second, on a different occasion I was there for cleaning, Keith came in and did an unnecessary X-ray. Unnecessary because had an x-ray was done in the past month and everything was okay, per them. So why another x-ray in the next month? Third, had to re-schedule a cleaning appointment once due to last moment emergency. Things happen in everybody's life. I requested for a waiver and they wouldn't entertain that because it was just 20 minutes cancellation. I am okay to pay the $50 cancellation fees, but then there is something called "Customer Service" where you should conider listening to them. They kept on arguing that I was aware of the cancellation policy (which they send as a fine point in 5 point font) These guys know how that you have dental insurance so they want to milk your insurance money as much as possible. I am never going back to them - STAY AWAY!! Especially Dr. Keith Nielsen.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

“This dentist recommends unnecessary work - as evidence by getting a second opinion at another dentist who said none of the work needs to be done.’” Unfortunately, the above review is completely true as reflected by my own recent experience of getting a second opinion - All the work Dr. Nielsen recommended was deemed unnecessary by another dentist. It is especially frustrating because I had just completed a round of fillings by Dr. Nielsen throughout the previous year. I never leave reviews but I feel that Dr. Nielsen is doing a disservice to his patients (not only financially), but by drilling into healthy teeth, which will later require filling replacements. I am very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I went in and told him that I thought I needed a root canal, as I had a deep filling in a back molar for years, and now it was sensitive to hot, cold, and touch. He made a "judgement call" to take the old filling out and just refill it. (I tested positive for both cold test and percussion test) As soon as the freezing wore off it began to throb and didn't stop for about a week (turns out it was infected. I happen to work with someone who went and saw Dr. Neilson a week prior, and said that he filled a tooth that should have had a root canal done, as she had to go back to have the correct procedure done a second time. I am under the impression he is knowingly filling teeth that require root canals for the extra cash of doing 2 procedures instead of 1. Now I have to go pay out of pocket for a new patient exam elsewhere to GET THE ROOT CANAL DONE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Guy is a crook and taking advantage of a convenient location.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I have a few comments and the reason why I'm reading is I have been seeing Dr. Nielsen for over 2 years and am now going to look for a new Dentist. 1) He may be knowledgeable BUT he does crappy work. Some history to this is that I have had a filling fall out and he needed to check that it was his work. Other times he'll kick himself by saying "Wow, this filling doesn't look so good, I see chipping..etc." and he'll get the assistent to look at who did the job and it will end up being HIMSELF. This has happened to me 3x (at least he's said he'll fix it for free). 2) The Hygienists are ALWAYS different (and the one is absolutely horrible (asian lady in the front Hygienists area) she sprayed water in my face and I had to complain to her 2x about how she was treating my mouth (she fixed her problem after I complained BUT didn't apologize nor ask how I was doing) 3) The cost is VERY expensive (not worth it) even though my insurance pays 80% of it it's still NOT WORTH it

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011