Ratings for Dr. Krishna Menon

Her receptionist Janice is not helpful of all. She is rude and doesn't provide good service. She should be replaced by someone that cares.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Great GI. Have been a patient of his for 12 years. Very knowledgeable. Offered me.opportunities to be on patient adboard committees (to provide my feedback and help improve treatment for a biologic medication I am taking) and to be a part of patient advocacy campaigns and groups. These experiences have helped me heal in some ways. Very grateful for the opportunity and grateful that Sick Kids Hospital referred me to him when I turned 18 years old/ an adult. Hes always quick to see me when I am having a Crohns flareup and a very good listener and has been open and respectful of me trying complementary medicine.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I went to him on 2014 and that was it. I found another doctor. I asked him about long term side effects of PPI. He was very upset. He tried to convince me that there is no other way other than PPI. I still take PPI but for a very short period of time. I am taking a good probiotic. I made a list of alkaline diet which I start to take when I am having severe reflux (mostly vegetables, fruits like papya, cantaloupe, water melon, pumpkin seeds soaked in water, okra all the alkaline forming food) for sometime. I also take some supplements like calcium citrate etc. Then after few days or a week my reflux subsides. I bought few books like - Dropping Acid and few other other books and read them and avoid fried foods, anything made up with tomato - like ketchup. Some nuts are acidic and some are not - so I avoid those foods. I do yoga and exercise and deep breathing. I eat out with out much fear.my reflux issues are 90% gone. And Dr. Menon I have stop taking PPIs. I have cured myself doing some research and have gone through two endoscopes and I am clean. However I have had reflux for almost 10 years and it was severe. So I can live without PPIs. PPIs are life saver but there are many side effects if you use long term. So after I came back from your office I decided that I will cure myself. I did it. However I have another gastroenterologist now and he is extremely nice and I am grateful.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have attended this specialist for 6 years now. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. However, he is truthful and if you don't want to know you have a serious problem, I would suggest just burying your head in the sand. I see by the comments that some patients seem unhappy with his frankness but you go there for help in a specialized area and that is what is answered. If you are not happy that you have not been pampered or patronized I would suggest you go to the spa instead. The doctor's work is important for a healthy living and he saved my life due to his superior knowledge in this speciality. As for his secretary, yes, she can be stressed as we all can but I have always been able to make an appointment with reasonable time constraint. The health care world is a lot better with an honest knowledgeable and confident doctor dealing in a speciality. Linda G. Ryan

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Both doctor and receptionist are unhelpful and does not understand that each patient has their own individual concerns. Dr. Menon did not listen to any of my concerns and concluded his plan of treatment without giving his reasoning when questioned. His receptionist is no help either, she prefers to talk about her own needs and when I request a certain appointment range, she always says it's fully booked even if it's four to five months away. Janice also complains about other patients' attitude to other patients waiting in the office. She keeps no confidentiality and I overheard a friend of mine having a certain disease because of her loud mouth. She speaks so loudly over the phone when discussing patient info where I was able to find out that my friend was suffering from a disease. She is the worst receptionist ever and should get fired due to her attitude, unhelpfulness, unprofessional, and breach of confidentiality. Honestly, try to find a different doctor if you don't want to face her wraith.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Rude and unprofessional secretary. Not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr Menon is very helpful and knowledgeable in what he does. However, his receptionist Janice is extremely rude and complains about how she hates her job. She shouldn't be in this field if she hates helping people. It's like shes out to get you and you get weird vibes when she's present.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Had a bowel restriction could not be sure if chron's or scar tissue, put on remicade and after suffering for several months I went to see a surgens on my own. I was asked to see Dr memon earlier then my booked appointment but would not see me. I went ahead with surgery and it was scary tissue, I made the right choice to have the surgery instead of suffering for probably min 2 months more. The comments below on the secretary are bang on correct.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

He saved my life, simple as that. He is very busy because he is the best. I have been seeing him for 15 years now, and he's always been a phone call away when needed.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

too many patients ----lack of care for the individual patient his mantra----I am very busy

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016