Ratings for Dr. Christopher R. Smith

Dr. Smith can run late sometimes. But it is only because he DOES take time with his patients. So either be the first appointment or call ahead and she how late he is running. It is worth it.He is an excellent DR. and if he thinks you should see a specialist knows exactly who to send you to. He will spend as much time with you as he feels necessary and then as much more time as you feel necessary. I hated my last PCP so much I was asking around the hospital who to go to and his name was given several times. He is around my age so I am glad I will be able to se him for many years to come. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to see an attentive DR. Not just a DR. who pushes the 15 minute meet and greet type of appointments like so many of the older DR.'s....

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Smith for about four years and have never had a problem aranging an appointment or getting in to see him if it is something that needs immediate attention. He is attentive and kind. He is accesible through e-mail which can be convient as it can sometimes save me a visit to the office. I feel very comfortable having him as my doctor and give my highest recomendation to anyone seeking a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

I went to Dr. SMith for two months. His office staff is PATHETIC. They failed to have an important medication called in for a refill. He sat there at his desk takiing personal phone calls from his wife!!! RIDICULOUS. He informed me of the expected long wait periods to see him because he spends so much time with his patients. 2 years after I left I received a letter from him telling me how important it was for me to make an appointment. I had an HMO. They pay dr's a monthly fee. he hadn't been paid by the HMO for 2 yrs. Good riddance!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Smith isn't a bad doctor. While he is a bit arrogant for someone who is such a young and green physician, overall I found him to be knowledgeable and helpful -- that is, once he actually gets into to the room to see you. The big problem is his office and the staff. They are rude. They are unsympathetic. They act as though they are doing you a favor by granting you an appointment. Wait times can exceed 2 hours. I only used this doctor as my PCP for about a year before I became fed up with dealing with the curt tone of his staff and the excessive time it took to get through an appointment. I would not recommend this office to anyone who is seeking a new PCP. I know the healthcare system is stressed and physicians and their staff are busy, but this office needs to do some serious evaulation of how they are treating patients and the system they are using to accept and schedule people.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2007

Dr. Christopher R. Smith's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1996)

Ameritas