Ratings for Dr. James S. Goydos

My oncologist told me that Dr. Goydos is the only person he referrs patients with melanoma to in New Jersey. He's at the Rutgers Cancer Institute and there is a whole team of specialists there that work with him and that is very important to me so I'm not running all over the place seeing different doctors. My operation was alot easier than I expected and after two years I am fine with no cancer. Dr. Goydos always seems so busy and you do have to wait to see him sometimes but he spends all the time you need answering questions and I never felt rushed. I'd definately recommend him if you have melanoma skin cancer.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Goydos first diagnosed me with Melanoma in 2010. He is very knowledgeable and careful to explain and answer questions. I quickly felt confident that he was an excellent and caring Doctor and trusted that he was truly interested in my recovery. The surgeries were done with little scaring and we spoke during the procedure which made me feel relaxed. When surgery was no longer my best option he told me so and what my options were next. I chose to go on a stage 3 trial ( Oncovex ) and have been cancer free now for almost two years. Dr. Goydos is the best and I have the utmost admiration and respect for all the great work he does. Should you need to wait in his office to see him just keep in mind that he gives his patients the time necessary to treat them properly and is well worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

I've looked over the other comments here and I don't think they are talking about the same doctor. Dr. Goydos is an expert in the treatment of melanoma and my primary doctor told me he is the only one to see in New Jersey if you have this cancer. He explained my diagnosis and told me what needed to be done. He was caring and let me ask a bunch of questions and was very patient and answered every one. I would recommend him to anyone with melanoma who wants a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

I had read the comments below and was alittle nervous about seeing Dr. Goydos. I was diagnosed with early melanoma and he was reccomended to me. Dr. Goydos ended up being wonderful!! Before the surgury he explained what he was going to do. During the surgury, he was talking to me and made me feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!! Thanks doctor for everything!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

in a minor surgical procedure this doctor, by mistake, cut my spinal accessory nerve and permanently disabled my left arm

Submitted June 5, 2009

Very knowledgable, pleasantly manneredm friendly personality. Excellent surgeon; left very minimal scarring where three proir surgeons left aweful ones. If I ever need cancer care again he will definitely be my first choice for treatment.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Seemed like a good knowledgable doctor. However, he failed to communicate with my other doctors which he told he'd do face-to-face. If you want to feel like a potato in a game of hot potato go see him. He never returned my calls either.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2007

Dr. James S. Goydos's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Brunswick, NJ