Ratings for Dr. David W. Merens

Very rude with no compassion for people or their circumstances. He is very high on himself.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have only met Dr. Merens once but I am scheduled to have a csection and he is the one who is scheduled to do it. I have to say I really liked him when I first met him. Sometimes I feel like the other dr's and nurses don't give it to you straight and they focus more on easing concerns than telling you the facts. I like that he gave me a lot of information and treated me like I was capable of hearing good and bad news. I found him to be very friendly and informative and I was excited to hear he would be the one doing my operation.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I saw a different doctor throughout my pregnancy who was awesome but I think dr. Merens is also awesome. He delivered my baby last month and it was a good experience. I felt he knew what he was doing. He was direct and professional. I think people confuse professional with rude. He's not rude, he is just right to the point. Your about to give birth, you have family to coddle you and make you feel good while having your baby so I say let him do his job. His job isn't to baby people. I needed minor surgery after having my baby and he did that as well. I tbink he is a wonderful doctor and I felt safe with him. He was informative and explained everything. I would defiantly want him to deliver my next baby.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I agree with those who caution doctor bashing on line. It's fines to relay a negative experience but not to the doctor bashing lever. I have not had any of those negative, pill pushing experiences and like most women, I have had my issues. I find him to be kind, caring and attentive. Any medication was discussed carefully and my thoughts and concerns were completely addressed. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Wonerful doctor! Factual, direct and honest. He's a great listener and IS very kind..I will never forget how he eased my anxieties before an emergency c-section. He grabbed my hand and promised me that my baby girl and I would be alright! He did an amazing job with both my pregnancies! As stated above, he's honest and direct...for those who don't like hearing the truth...look elsewhere, otherwise, he's an excellent doctor and seems like a solid individual as well!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Merens is horrible. He has "0" bedside manners. He is so rude. Everything I heard him say verbatium from his own mouth, Dr. Merens said there must be some misunderstanding. I think it is about time the old goat retires. Get a doctor in there that has some compasion and enjoys his job along with the patients he is treating.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I love Dr. Merens - he just did a total hysterectomy on me and he has been wonderful - and regarding the woman who commented about Dr. Merens being a pusher of hormone pills - I am not sure what you are talking about because he didn't want me going on hormone pills because of the pros and cons - I insisted on being put on them due to severe mood changes from going into instant menopause. I guess some people just don't click well - but you should make up your own mind instead of reading 1 person's negative experience!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

I, found him to be unfriendly,and poor people skills. I would accept that if he was good at what he does.Lots of good surgeons and doctors have poor bedside manner,but this man I wouldnt recommend to someone i didnt like!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

It is a little unsettling to see some of these comments about my doctor; however I doubt that any one of us can say we are "spot on" 24 hours a day. Anybody can have an off day and sometimes people just don't communicate well with each other. Without evidence of harmful, negligent behavior, these complaints sound more like bruised egos that need to lash out at someone. Don't mean to offend anyone but when you anonymously make a public complaint about a physician - or anyone else, for that matter - you should really consider whether your complaint was worth potentially ruining someone's medical career. For what it's worth, I asked my PCP how many patients she keeps track of and I expected her to say a few hundred... the answer was several thousand! So, to people inclined to judge a doctor by what they read on this message board, I urge you to consider the source and realize that for every critic who has lashed out here, there are thousands of perfectly satisfied patients like me. - JC

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

I changed from Dr Lipman to Dr Merens & found him to be kind of rude on my first visit but gave him another chance & he has been wonderful since then, very helpful & nice. Im now very happy with him! His medical assistant is the Best! always friendly, jokin, askin bout my family & helpful; His Nurse on the other hand needs to take a course on how to be friendly, she is NOT a people person or helpful at all! She is very RUDE. The ladies at the front desk are very busy but always have treated me well, No complaints about them at all.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

Dr. David W. Merens's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1979)