Ratings for Dr. R. Gordon Robinson

Dr Robinson is great! I'd recommend him to anyone with a headache disorder. I've been a patient since 1990 and he has never let me down. In fact he goes above and beyond my expectations in a physian, especially a specialist in his field! He referred me to some of the best specialists in the field in Toronto and New England . Those doctors held him in the same regard.... One of the very best in the world for headache medicine! I swear, he saved my life. I would have commit suicide if I had not been his patient. No one took me seriously or looked for answers for my pain, before he took me on. I am eternally grateful to him. The waits in the office and the occasional glitch at the desk are something every medical office experiences. This is the age of shortages in the medical field. Any wait is worth itself to benefit from his decades of experience and learning. He continues to study and teach and head departments of headache medicine. He's all this and a nice man who cares. Be grateful you got an appointment it'll be worth the wait! CB Vancouver Island

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I saw him a number of years ago because I suspected I had vestibular migraines or migraine induced vertigo. He didn't give me that diagnosis which is retrospect was the correct decision.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

was referred to this doctor by various other doctors only to be told that my case is beyond his ability and that he can't help me. what a waste of time. So disappointed with the BC medical system.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

He's the best. My migraines are untreatable , but he helps me manage my lifestyle. He understands.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

It took almost 3 years to see him. When I did, I was there for an hour, he did a quick exma which consisted of feeling my neck and testing reflexes. He then daignosed me with "Chronic Migraine" and said my only options were to take a pill for the rest of my life, or botox. I did not get any answers as to WHY I get them, and he refused to do any other tests to confirm anything or to even check for other possible explanations. Not Impressed...

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Never told me about getting my Cyst removed. Didn't give a shet. Skullbaseinstatute LA save my life

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

I've been a long time paitent of Dr. Robinson and most people's complaints are how long it takes to get in and they want a quick fix but there is not a quick fix people to help themselves get on a good stable diet no coffee red bull all the poisons we put in our systems to activate the headaches. Dr. Robinson always talks to me at my level so I understand at my level of what he is talking about. Donna who runs the office always make sure we don't miss appointments and is always ready for the next question. This wheel is not broke so I'm pleased to say that Dr. Robinson has made my quality of life 100% of what it was before I waited my turn to see him you have a great unit intact don't reinvent the wheel. Thank you for the platform to voice my opinion.Walt81

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Dr. Robinson was the first doctor other then my gp to understand and believe me and he confirmed my diagnosis. He took his time to explain things to me, was very understanding and helpful. I am so glad I was able to see him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I started seeing Dr Robinson a few years ago and didn't like seeing him from the beginning. He handled me like a textbook case instead of seeing me as an individual. What worked for his other patients was not working for me. He did not take my concerns seriously. His secretary was not very nice for the first year I was seeing him. When I started treating her like a nobody is when she started being friendly. I am really glad o no longer have to go and see him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I wish more of his unhappy patients would leave comments as there are tons of us out here. Condescending, arrogant, not thorough in his evaluation. Never got my history right and it took a new neurologist to make a simple diagnosis. If you are a woman, make sure your bring somebody with you to your appointment or he's likely to dismiss your concerns. It's harder to do when there's a witness.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015