You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker

STAY AWAY! Not only did he misdiagnose my broken foot - he tried to send me for physical therapy without even seeing me after my initial visit. When I explained to his staff that I was in extreme pain and my foot was significantly swollen and asked for a follow-up visit - they responded by asking me if I had a medical degree - and if not - I should be grateful that Dr. Decker had treated me at all! I immediately asked for my files to be transferred to a doctor outside of the Hunterdon Healthcare system who showed me the fracture (that Dr. Decker insisted didn't exist) on the x-ray. Because of the misdiagnosis - I was placed in a cast for 6 weeks and still had to have corrective surgery to rebreak the foot and set correctly!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

My family has used this doctor for years. We have always been treated wonderfully by the Dr. and staff. Dr. Decker takes time to explain the problem and the plan to fix it. We will be using him for all our orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Avoid like the plague! I can't understand the high ratings for this doctor! Arrogant, obnoxious, and total lack of caring. I have had to use him twice for emergencies. Had tendonitis in my elbow, which he chose to treat by casting my arm for six weeks....had more pain when cast was removed. The last time was for a broken ankle. After several weeks of PT, my therapist called him because of swelling. He had me come in, and told me that since I was "no spring chicken" (in my forties at the time" I couldn't expect to heal properly! Ten years later, and it's still swollen! A joke!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Was injured at work and referred to Dr. Decker by the hospital. He jabbed a cortezone shot into my injured foot and told me to go back to work with an aircast. I informed him that I was a chef and couldn't work in a kitchen with an aircast. He told me I was good enoug to work half the time without said cast. I limped out of the office in more pain than I went in with. That was in 2011. My foot still hurts and has never been the same.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Decker was the worst Dr I have EVER seen in my life!!! He was very ignorant and no compassion what-so-ever!!! He is a very arrogant man. I wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy. His conclusion for my injury was rest.. Then proceed to ask me why I even came to him!! Serious!! Like I wasted his precious time. I've never been treated so bad by any Dr, I've ever seen.. Please do NOT go to this Dr. As it's a waste of time for you and you will be treated very poorly.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

If timelessness is a virtue, then this doctor is nevertheless, especially when combined with his bed side manners.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Worst dr. experience. Arrived at 4:45 for 5pm appt and it took 20 mins to check-in. Was overchrged copay & told to straighten it out with billing myself. I had to insist that it be voided, was told it was, yet it appeared on my acct & took 5 days to reconcile and one call to their office. Had to waited 40 mins for dr. decker which he spent 3 mins. with me then left to have nurse fit a soft brace & then I had to wait about 40 mins again for him to look at my ankle. He never discussed my ankle xrays, just wrote a script for phys therapy. He was extremely indifferent to my wrist pain, condescending when I asked if I should return to work (I lift hvy items), never questioned my line of work. My work note had wrong diagnosis, had to call 2x's, and when I picked it up it was still wrong. Took 2 wks to get correct work note. Two friends also had negative experiences with this office. I saw Dr. Pollack 3 yrs ago for knee injury and loved him & his care, but still will not go back.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Decker is excellent. He immediately put me at ease and explained all of the options available to me for a condition related to my wrist. I felt very comfortable in his presence and confident in his ability to make the correct diagnosis. I give him the highest recommendation, and would return to his office without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I was very happy that i went to deckers office. The people there were very nice and deckers work was great. He talked me through the whole process and never left me doubting him. I would diffently recommend him to anyuone I know.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Decker is truly a healer, my experience with him and his staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly, punctual, professional, helpful, and made me feel valued as a patient. Thanks to Dr. Decker and his staff my surgery has resulted in an improved quality of life. God bless all of them.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "STAY AWAY! Not only did he misdiagnose my broken foot - he tried to send me for physical therapy without even seeing me after my initial visit. When I explain..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family has used this doctor for years. We have always been treated wonderfully by the Dr. and staff. Dr. Decker takes time to explain the problem and the pl..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Avoid like the plague! I can't understand the high ratings for this doctor! Arrogant, obnoxious, and total lack of caring. I have had to use him twice for emerg..."

November 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=130398'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

March 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=130398'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 20, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=130398'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

February 5, 2014