Ratings for Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker

What a great & educated staff and very knowledgeable doctor. Great team.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

I've been to see Dr. Decker twice in the past two months for wrist pain. He correctly diagnosed my problem and relieved my pain quickly. He has such a sweet, professional bedside manner! I was about an hour early for each visit but was seen very quickly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Decker insisted my stress fracture would heal in 2ish wks without any treatment (just abstain from sport). When cleared to run, it hurt, but he waved it off as "normal". Still hurt a week later and he prescribed PT and said it was probably "bursitis". I asked if we could do another MRI and said I was scared it was not healed yet and he dismissed this idea. When PT made it worse, I saw another doctor, who did an x-ray within 10 mins of meeting me. Fracture was very obviously still not healed. Generally speaking, he was condescending, dismissive and unresponsive to concerns. Vented to MRI staff & asked why he has so many positive reviews--they said "don't you wonder where the bad ones go?"

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr D is caring and informative. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will be going back for surgery again for CT in other hand.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

STAY AWAY! Not only did he misdiagnose my broken foot - he tried to send me for physical therapy without even seeing me after my initial visit. When I explained to his staff that I was in extreme pain and my foot was significantly swollen and asked for a follow-up visit - they responded by asking me if I had a medical degree - and if not - I should be grateful that Dr. Decker had treated me at all! I immediately asked for my files to be transferred to a doctor outside of the Hunterdon Healthcare system who showed me the fracture (that Dr. Decker insisted didn't exist) on the x-ray. Because of the misdiagnosis - I was placed in a cast for 6 weeks and still had to have corrective surgery to rebreak the foot and set correctly!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker

Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker's response
We appreciate all feedback - good, bad or indifferent - as it provides an opportunity to understand and address our patients' concerns. Unfortunately, as there is no name attached to this review, we are unable to identify you as a patient, or reach out to you directly. We have also failed to locate a patient file that fits the above account. Nonetheless, we are concerned by your reported experience. We would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience further and invite you to contact our office at your convenience - please request to speak with Dr. Decker's nurse, Ruth, when you call in. We hope to hear from you soon.

Submitted February 22, 2016

My family has used this doctor for years. We have always been treated wonderfully by the Dr. and staff. Dr. Decker takes time to explain the problem and the plan to fix it. We will be using him for all our orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Avoid like the plague! I can't understand the high ratings for this doctor! Arrogant, obnoxious, and total lack of caring. I have had to use him twice for emergencies. Had tendonitis in my elbow, which he chose to treat by casting my arm for six weeks....had more pain when cast was removed. The last time was for a broken ankle. After several weeks of PT, my therapist called him because of swelling. He had me come in, and told me that since I was "no spring chicken" (in my forties at the time" I couldn't expect to heal properly! Ten years later, and it's still swollen! A joke!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Was injured at work and referred to Dr. Decker by the hospital. He jabbed a cortezone shot into my injured foot and told me to go back to work with an aircast. I informed him that I was a chef and couldn't work in a kitchen with an aircast. He told me I was good enoug to work half the time without said cast. I limped out of the office in more pain than I went in with. That was in 2011. My foot still hurts and has never been the same.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Decker was the worst Dr I have EVER seen in my life!!! He was very ignorant and no compassion what-so-ever!!! He is a very arrogant man. I wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy. His conclusion for my injury was rest.. Then proceed to ask me why I even came to him!! Serious!! Like I wasted his precious time. I've never been treated so bad by any Dr, I've ever seen.. Please do NOT go to this Dr. As it's a waste of time for you and you will be treated very poorly.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

If timelessness is a virtue, then this doctor is nevertheless, especially when combined with his bed side manners.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Jerome Elliot Decker's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Oxford