Ratings for Dr. Michele Coulter

I have seen Dr. Coulter for 15 years now. She is always helpful and friendly. Dr. Coulter spends quality time discussing your medical issues. She treats each symptom with great importance. She is quick to test and find out the causes of illnesses. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2010. Dr. Coulter decided to send me to a specialist just to be safe when I was having some balance issues, headaches and hearing loss. I am glad she did. She saved my life. I will go to her as long as she is in practice.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I love Dr. Coulter!!! I refer alot of our patients to her. Her staff is very professional!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I'm only giving 1 star because they won't let me give 0. Please hear me & heed my warning - stay as far away from Dr. Michele Coulter as you possibly can. When insurance denied coverage for the one medication that helps me with a very serious medical condition, she assured me she tried everything to help overturn the decision and strung me along for weeks as I endured extreme pain, only to find out she lied and never filed the appropriate appeal papers at all. When I pressed the issue, she proceeded to call me an addict, imply that I was the liar, falsify my prescription records, revoke her preauthorization for the medicine, and drop me as a patient, thus leaving me with no medication and no help when I was at my sickest. Do not, under any circumstances, place your health in her hands. She should absolutely not be legally allowed to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

She diagnosed me with hypertension which was accurate, and then prescribed me with a terrible and dangerous drug that is supposed to be used only in hypertensive crisis! I was on it for 2 1/2 months, twice a day! Rebound effect of this drug is dangerous and when I asked her about this she denied that rebound effect could happen. (The drug was Clonidine). I had to go to another doctor to get weaned off it and still had horrible and very serious withdraws that are just now starting to subside. It's true that she doesn't listen but only pretends too. Please look elsewhere for medical care if you want to be safe!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr Coulter spends time pretending to listen to your concerns, but already has her mind made up on treatments and recommendations based on perceived symptoms. She follows the HMO, pharma mindset with little regard for non-prescription options. I felt she didn't take me seriously, and I had to argue for lab tests and follow up to a serious health concern. When I saw a specialist, I was asked point blank why I waited so long to seek care. I will not be returning to Coulter's practice. If you are the kind of patient who wants to be an active decision-maker in your care, find a different provider. If you want someone to tell you what to do, she might meet your needs... as long as you don't need additional care outside her scope of practice.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

I liked her very much, however I spent 3 months trying to get my records from her staff. I called 4 times last year with sickness and they were never able to get me in to see her. What's the point of having a personal physician if their office staff always refer you an emergency room when you're ill. I'm still searching for someone like Dr. Coulter but with more time and a better staff on her hands.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

The women who answer the phones are rude. I work in healthcare and I know how you can develop a chip on your shoulder but when I'm nothing but polite over the phone you don't have to be rude to me. The medical assists are fine. The doctor is okay. I feel like I've been black listed due to calling frequently about medications to be called in. Well, if your office would do it in a timely manner and didnt constantly mess it up I wouldn't have to bother you or the pharmacy. I just went in to see her again for a follow up on a medication I've been taking for 10 years. I had just been in previously for the SAME thing two months ago. When I walked out the doctor said everything looked good and they would continue to refill for a year. I called in my refill and at 5:15 I got a voicemail from my doctors office calling saying there was a problem with my prescription. It's 5:15, I can't call you back tonight. You should of had it called in yesterday. Good luck. Heed with caution

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Dr. Coulter really listened to me when I explain about problems and then explained to me about what she had found.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Coulter has been a great help to me and is a very knowledgable doctor. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I have been her patient for 7 years. She has sent me for various tests all to be negative. I have been told I possibly have cancer 3 times in the past, only to find nothing wrong. I was told my liver was enlarged, ultrasound confirmed normal size. Also was told my thyroid was enlarged, after it was removed, ultrasound showed normal size. I am currently looking for another primary dr, I will NOT see her again. She is costing me alot of money and not helped me at ALL!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Dr. Michele Coulter's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)