Ratings for Dr. Samuel E. Brown

I was referred by a best friend who conceived her first cycle through IVF. I have experienced 5 miscarriages between 5 weeks and 8 weeks- none of them resulting in an ultrasound where we saw a heartbeat. I was dx by my obgyn with MTHFR heterogeneous and positive then not positive for blood clotting disorder. From March 2015 to August 2017, I fell pregnant 5 times but none took. After the loss in August, I decided to seek help from a fertility specialist. My first appt was with Dr. Brown's ARNP and she was amazing. We developed a plan for when I got pregnant- take progesterone and heparin shots. I would continue taking daily baby aspirin and methyl-folate. I was pregnant before the next appt with Dr. Brown to begin further discussion. I followed the game plan, doing twice daily injections of heparin and taking progesterone. I heard the baby's strong heartbeat this past week at 8 weeks and I am being released back to my regular ob/gyn. Miscarriages are such a painful experience. I have felt the joy of learning I was pregnant 7 times (I have a five year old) and endured the ones that did not continue. I have to say the struggle, as much as it can break someone down, is nothing compared to finally making it to where you can be relieved in knowing you aren't going to lose your precious baby. Another thing that seemed to help me was identifying a major stressor in my life- my job and making a change where I still am working but it is a different level of stress. I really like Dr. Brown and his staff. He is super positive and wants to help everyone who is looking for answers.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your thorough review. Like you said, we truly want to help each and every patient that comes in our door and want to help them find answers. We wish you all the best in your upcoming pregnancy and appreciate you taking the time to share your story with others.

Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr. Brown and his team are amazing! They are truly wonderful and we are so grateful for their knowledge, understanding, patience, guidance and most of all their ability! We are grateful and blessed and expecting twins, thanks to Dr. Brown, Emily, our embryologist Kevin, especially Kristina, for being our go to girl whenever we had any questions or concerns, and the entire staff!! We would recommend Brown Fertility over and over again! We will never be able to thank you all enough!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your glowing review. At Dr. Brown Fertility, our team truly find in a blessing to work in concert with such wonderful and courageous patients. We are so glad we could help you achieve your goal in expanding your family and wish you all the best.

Submitted February 6, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Brown, the Orlando and Jacksonville staff. I would recommend them

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

After 4 miscarriages and 1 ectopic pregnancy I went to Dr. Brown with little to no hope. He insured me that I will get pregnant and 2 cycles on I am now pregnant with a due date of 6/9/2018. I love him and his team they are awesome!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. We want all our patients to have a successful outcome and are so happy for you. Brown Fertility has over 30 years of experience and consistently achieves success rates above the national average. We wish you all the best in your pregnancy.

Submitted October 19, 2017

We would not be pregnant without Dr. Brown! His process for ruling out potential issues lead us to having a surgery which discovered a septum. We would not have found this if we jumped straight to IVF and would have resulted in a 90% chance of miscarriage. We are now pregnant and very thankful for Dr. Brown's help in getting us there!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is true that we have a very specific process of ruling out potential issues. We want all our patients to be have the best chance of growing their family and we are so grateful you chose us to help you through this process. We wish you all the best!

Submitted September 29, 2017

I am a 30 year old African-American female and my fiancée' is a 32 year old African-American male. We tried for the last eight years and had honestly gave up on trying to conceive. We had watched all of our family and friends start their families over the years and it just never happened for us. During my annual in December of 2016 my primary said she was going to refer me to a fertility specialist to see why we weren't getting pregnant. My primary was adamant that this particular specialist would get us pregnant in 2017. From the time I had my first appointment with Emily at Dr. Brown's office they treated us like family. The entire staff is very professional, welcoming, understanding, and truly committed to "conceiving miracles" (just as their motto states). After all of our testing was complete and we met with Dr. Brown for the first time in February 2017. We fell in love. Dr. Brown's extensive knowledge, experience, and compassion for this very real condition is overwhelming. He assured us at our ages that we were optimal candidates and that he would in fact get us pregnant. He shared his personal experiences with us and made us feel right at home. Dr, Brown advised that IVF would be the best course of action for our particular condition. Our first transfer was through a fresh cycle in May 2017 and it was unsuccessful. During the 2ww period the staff at Brown Fertility were awesome. I have never experienced such attentive bedside manner. They were patient with as I would call/email them sometimes twice a day. Once we got the negative pregnancy result we were devastated and felt completely defeated. When we went in for the post-IVF consult Dr. Brown wrapped his arms around me with a big hug and it almost felt like he was more than a Dr. but more like a father figure that could genuinely feel our pain. I was in complete shock at his sympathy and compassion and I could tell he was disappointed as well. During the visit Dr. Brown expressed that many couples achieve success when they are willing to do another transfer immediately after a failed transfer. After the visit my fiancée and I discussed and prayed about it. We ultimately decided to do another cycle in July 2017 (you can only do a transfer every other month). While completing the 2nd transfer (Dr. Brown performed it this time) he assured my fiancée that we would get a positive pregnancy result this time and he was very "matter of fact" about it. BTW my fiancée loves Dr. Brown and thinks he is the coolest man ever. When I left out of the surgery room to relieve myself (your bladder has to be full for the transfer), Dr. Brown and my fiancée had a heart to heart. In this discussion my fiancée stated Dr. Brown pleaded with him to stay on top of me about my smoking and to make sure that I quit completely. He explained that Dr. Brown stressed to him that smoking kills the embryos and how sincere he was about it. Once my fiancée and I left and had that discussion we agreed that no matter how hard it was I would stop smoking cigarettes right then and he would be my support system throughout the process. On this coming Saturday we will be eight weeks pregnant with an April 7th due date. We believe Dr. brown and his staff are angels sent from heaven and we are forever grateful for them. Their support, encouragement, and dedication to the treatment of infertility is completely overwhelming. They are truly amazing and we wouldn't have made it through this emotional rollercoaster without them. We are very excited as we embark on this journey through our pregnancy; something we thought we would never experience. We are still in shock. We had given up and accepted the fact that it would be just the two of us for the rest of our lives. God's timing is truly impeccable. Brown Fertility = Miracle Workers

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I just finished my second round of IVF (one fresh, one frozen) with Dr. Brown and we are very happy with the outcome. He was professional, compassionate, and we could not have asked for more from him or his staff. Infertility is not something that can be cured overnight and there are no guarantees. Any person going into this process should be prepared for what's ahead. Do your own research and talk to your insurance as well when it comes to cost. Come armed with questions and you will always get an answer from Dr. Brown and his staff. I can't recommend Dr. Brown enough and we will definitely be back in 2019 to try again!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I've had wonderful experiences over the years with Dr. Brown and his staff. As a gestational carrier, they have been very supportive and professional. I have had one round of IVF with success in 2015. And recently we had one round of IVF from a frozen embryo transfer and also had success on the first try! Currently 10 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy! Dr. Brown and his embryologist know what they're doing!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on our care and services with other potential patients. We work very hard for all our patients and are happy to hear you have had such positive experiences. Thank you again!

Submitted January 18, 2017

Horrible experience. This place loves money! Paid for commitment to pregnancy plan but they never divulged (or even gave warning!) to the significant cost of drugs ($7,500-$8,000 per treatment). This was after they told us my insurance paid for the whole treatment (wrong about this), and then when I asked for refund to just pay for the one cycle, they wouldn't give us the money back. Stayed tuned.....website forthcoming to gather your story and hit this guy/practice in the only thing that matters to him, his pocket!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
We are very sorry to hear you feel this way about our practice. We acknowledge that we cannot please everyone but we wish to help every family have children. Our clinical and administrative staff was available to accommodate all of your needs and where happy to go above and beyond their responsibilities to provide you with the highest quality fertility care. We would love for you to continue care with our practice and recommend you call our Practice Administrator at 904-260-0352 to discuss your feedback in greater detail.

Submitted December 16, 2016

After trying to get pregnant on our own unsuccessfully at age 37 we went to Brown Fertility and did IVF. I over stimulated which is common so had to do a FET (frozen embryo transfer). We are now due with our first on 6-09-2017. Don't give up, if your desires are to be a mom or dad, pray to God he hears you.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased to hear your happy news! Congratulations!

Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's Credentials

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med, Morgantown Wv 26506 (Grad. 1993)

Sask Health