Ratings for Dr. Samuel E. Brown

We would not be pregnant without Dr. Brown! His process for ruling out potential issues lead us to having a surgery which discovered a septum. We would not have found this if we jumped straight to IVF and would have resulted in a 90% chance of miscarriage. We are now pregnant and very thankful for Dr. Brown's help in getting us there!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I am a 30 year old African-American female and my fiancée' is a 32 year old African-American male. We tried for the last eight years and had honestly gave up on trying to conceive. We had watched all of our family and friends start their families over the years and it just never happened for us. During my annual in December of 2016 my primary said she was going to refer me to a fertility specialist to see why we weren't getting pregnant. My primary was adamant that this particular specialist would get us pregnant in 2017. From the time I had my first appointment with Emily at Dr. Brown's office they treated us like family. The entire staff is very professional, welcoming, understanding, and truly committed to "conceiving miracles" (just as their motto states). After all of our testing was complete and we met with Dr. Brown for the first time in February 2017. We fell in love. Dr. Brown's extensive knowledge, experience, and compassion for this very real condition is overwhelming. He assured us at our ages that we were optimal candidates and that he would in fact get us pregnant. He shared his personal experiences with us and made us feel right at home. Dr, Brown advised that IVF would be the best course of action for our particular condition. Our first transfer was through a fresh cycle in May 2017 and it was unsuccessful. During the 2ww period the staff at Brown Fertility were awesome. I have never experienced such attentive bedside manner. They were patient with as I would call/email them sometimes twice a day. Once we got the negative pregnancy result we were devastated and felt completely defeated. When we went in for the post-IVF consult Dr. Brown wrapped his arms around me with a big hug and it almost felt like he was more than a Dr. but more like a father figure that could genuinely feel our pain. I was in complete shock at his sympathy and compassion and I could tell he was disappointed as well. During the visit Dr. Brown expressed that many couples achieve success when they are willing to do another transfer immediately after a failed transfer. After the visit my fiancée and I discussed and prayed about it. We ultimately decided to do another cycle in July 2017 (you can only do a transfer every other month). While completing the 2nd transfer (Dr. Brown performed it this time) he assured my fiancée that we would get a positive pregnancy result this time and he was very "matter of fact" about it. BTW my fiancée loves Dr. Brown and thinks he is the coolest man ever. When I left out of the surgery room to relieve myself (your bladder has to be full for the transfer), Dr. Brown and my fiancée had a heart to heart. In this discussion my fiancée stated Dr. Brown pleaded with him to stay on top of me about my smoking and to make sure that I quit completely. He explained that Dr. Brown stressed to him that smoking kills the embryos and how sincere he was about it. Once my fiancée and I left and had that discussion we agreed that no matter how hard it was I would stop smoking cigarettes right then and he would be my support system throughout the process. On this coming Saturday we will be eight weeks pregnant with an April 7th due date. We believe Dr. brown and his staff are angels sent from heaven and we are forever grateful for them. Their support, encouragement, and dedication to the treatment of infertility is completely overwhelming. They are truly amazing and we wouldn't have made it through this emotional rollercoaster without them. We are very excited as we embark on this journey through our pregnancy; something we thought we would never experience. We are still in shock. We had given up and accepted the fact that it would be just the two of us for the rest of our lives. God's timing is truly impeccable. Brown Fertility = Miracle Workers

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I just finished my second round of IVF (one fresh, one frozen) with Dr. Brown and we are very happy with the outcome. He was professional, compassionate, and we could not have asked for more from him or his staff. Infertility is not something that can be cured overnight and there are no guarantees. Any person going into this process should be prepared for what's ahead. Do your own research and talk to your insurance as well when it comes to cost. Come armed with questions and you will always get an answer from Dr. Brown and his staff. I can't recommend Dr. Brown enough and we will definitely be back in 2019 to try again!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I've had wonderful experiences over the years with Dr. Brown and his staff. As a gestational carrier, they have been very supportive and professional. I have had one round of IVF with success in 2015. And recently we had one round of IVF from a frozen embryo transfer and also had success on the first try! Currently 10 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy! Dr. Brown and his embryologist know what they're doing!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on our care and services with other potential patients. We work very hard for all our patients and are happy to hear you have had such positive experiences. Thank you again!

Submitted January 18, 2017

Horrible experience. This place loves money! Paid for commitment to pregnancy plan but they never divulged (or even gave warning!) to the significant cost of drugs ($7,500-$8,000 per treatment). This was after they told us my insurance paid for the whole treatment (wrong about this), and then when I asked for refund to just pay for the one cycle, they wouldn't give us the money back. Stayed tuned.....website forthcoming to gather your story and hit this guy/practice in the only thing that matters to him, his pocket!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
We are very sorry to hear you feel this way about our practice. We acknowledge that we cannot please everyone but we wish to help every family have children. Our clinical and administrative staff was available to accommodate all of your needs and where happy to go above and beyond their responsibilities to provide you with the highest quality fertility care. We would love for you to continue care with our practice and recommend you call our Practice Administrator at 904-260-0352 to discuss your feedback in greater detail.

Submitted December 16, 2016

After trying to get pregnant on our own unsuccessfully at age 37 we went to Brown Fertility and did IVF. I over stimulated which is common so had to do a FET (frozen embryo transfer). We are now due with our first on 6-09-2017. Don't give up, if your desires are to be a mom or dad, pray to God he hears you.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased to hear your happy news! Congratulations!

Submitted November 4, 2016

We had tried for over 3 years. We went through 4 rounds of iuis and got pregnant after 1st IVF cycle! We are extremely happy. Dr. Brown is a great physician and knows exactly what he is doing. We would highly recommend him. Nurse Emily is also wonderful!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's response
Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations! I am so happy that the treatments were successful and that you are adding to your family.

Submitted October 31, 2016

We had tried to get pregnant for over 3 years and had never been able to. After discussing my history and symptoms with Dr. Brown on our first visit, he was able to diagnose me and we decided the best route to take would be IVF. We did one round of IVF where we decided to transfer one embryo and got pregnant! I am now 26 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and we couldn't be happier! Dr. Brown was amazing throughout the whole process and we really appreciated his honesty and positive attitude. We would highly recommend him! Only downside was the wait time. We always waited at least an hour, which my husband and I are not used to wait times like that coming from the military lifestyle, but I have to say it was totally worth the wait!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I am 41 years old and got pregnant on the second try of IVF. I LOVE Dr. Brown! He takes his time with you & understands this difficult time in your life. If you are having any difficulties I highly recommend you make an appointment to see Dr. Brown!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I am 43 years old and got pregnant on the third try of IUI with Dr. Brown. The office staff is very friendly and Dr. Brown is very nice. I had previously been to another fertility specialist prior to seeing Dr. Brown and the doctors were extremely rude. The wanted to push me into IVF immediately. Although IVF is a much better success rate at my age, Dr. Brown gave me the statistics without pushing me into a decision. I decided to try on my own at first and we are thrilled we got pregnant on the third try. Emily at Baptist South is wonderful, such a different experience from the first doctors I went to.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Samuel E. Brown's Credentials

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med, Morgantown Wv 26506 (Grad. 1993)