Ratings for Dr. Auther Adams

Horrible dr. He never checked fundal height. I was in labor for 27 hours. My heart rate was 140 and oxygen was 80's and my baby's heart rate keep having decels. I requested the dr. Several times he never came to see me until I was pushing. When I started to push I guess baby was not coming fast enough for him so I had a c section. I got pnumonia from receiving 10 bags of fluids. He told me to come see him in his office after being discharged from the hospital. I went in to his office and I had high blood pressure and I was swollen. Dr. Adams never seen me. I was seen by his M.A. I asked him to call me. They wanted me to come back for my 6 week post pardum. I said im was going to see another dr. I was not happy. A week later I got a letter saying he was no longer going to take care of me. I as well was left waiting for him for 1.5 hours and another time 1 hour. Horrible dr.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

This guy is awful. I recently switched my insurance plan to Alameda Alliance and wanted to get a good OBGYN because my "lady parts" constantly give me problems. Other than that I am healthy and never had a health problem. From my last blood work a year ago, I was in top working order except for some vitamin deficiency. I thought an OBGYN was important because not too long ago, I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. When my OBGYN at my free clinic did the Endometrial biopsy, he said that I had issues that I should switch birth control. I was in and out of emergency because of my endometriosis (very painful) and i had all the documentation. Even a picture of the sonogram on CD. When I met with Mr. Adams, he didn't even look over the paperwork and said I did not have endometriosis but had Insulin Resistance that I SHOULD SWITCH TO AN ALL MEAT ALL VEGETABLE DIET BASED ON CAVEMANS DIETS. He also said I was obese (which I am not). I asked for a lab work to see if he was right and he said and I quote him directly "we can do that, but I already know what it is going to be". Based on my weight and hair growth on my face. Hello, doesn't genetics play a part? He was totally close minded and a stubborn jackass. The only brightspot was his staff. They were friendly and when I said I do not want to see him again, they agreed with my quickly without wanting to know why. But then again, this was the staff at the Women's Center at St. Rose Hospital. ALL IN ALL FELLOW LADIES, IF YOU ARE SENT TO ADAMS, RESCHEDULE! THIS GUY DOESN'T KNOW A WOMAN FROM HIS OWN ASSHOLE!!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST!! WILL NOT GO BACK TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I went to see him because my friend said he was the best. I waited over an hour for him in the room. Staff, dressed like they were shopping at the mall!! Holes in their jeans and shirt. And, then he came in the room, ever looked at me. Has no history because I'm a new patient. And told me straight out. What you have insnt painful!! Hello that's why I was treated at my other doctor as chronic pelvic pain, endrometrois, and vulvodynia. I don't think I'll ever go back and see him.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Dr. Adams delivered all 4 of my children. When I went to him with my first child I was so pleased that I continued to be under his care...he listens and is very understanding and gives great care. Doctors Hospital is comfortable in u get the privacy u need and all the help u need and want. They make u feel comfortable and attend to all your needs. He is the greatest and I would never chose another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

I switched to Dr Adams office in the middle of my pregnancy. I saw Dr Adams once and from then on out I was seen by the Midwife. I was never asked if that was ok with me, the staff said that she does all the low risk deliveries. I was always waiting 2-3 hours for appts. Several times I left before being seen. When I wouldn't set a time to be induced she became very angry and said that it's convinent to pick the day for delivery. She was so angry that I woulndn't pick and inducement day that on the day that I went into labor she came in seven hours after the hospital said I was ready for delivery. Every time the hopital called her she said she was on her way in but she wouldn't show. I was ready to deliver for SEVEN hours before she came in. That was unacceptable and I will never go to that office again. She was angry that I didn't pick a time for delivery so she took it out on me. When she finally arrived she was rude. Avoid them at all costs!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

As a OBGYN, very caring, knows what he wants and what he does. Give a very comfort feel for all the patients. He deals with all delicate and also shows professionalism

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

He is a good doc...but limits his practice to surgery now a days....I wish he would see more ob patients.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Didn't want to help with anything that put him out. Very non-committal and unwilling to act caring about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008

EXCELLENT CARE!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Dr. Auther Adams's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal