Ratings for Dr. Joseph Aferzon

I just had a 360 fusion procedure a few weeks ago and I'm already a thousand times better than I did before surgery. I think the staff is great at the office and dr aferzon is easy to talk to and is very detailed in what he is going to do to help you.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Before visiting Dr. Aferzon I went to several surgeons in the state which offered me surgery. After visiting Dr. Aferzon for a second opinion, I realized that the surgery that was offered to me by the other doctors would not be performed minimally invasive. I decided to have the surgery with Doctor Aferzon and was discharged the same day. The recovery was quick and I have been back to my normal activity. As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Aferzon is the best spine surgeon in Connecticut.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I went to many doctors after having an artificial disc replacement and then a fusion on the adjacent disc and still had a lot of back pain after 2 years post op. He was the only doctor who was determined to take the time to find out why I still had pain. Two other doctors only suggested fusing the artificial disc, thinking that it was the source of the pain. After CT Scan and MRI confirmed that the artificial disc was in the proper position and the fusion area was totally fused, he suggested that I have an epidural injection on the facet joint that is closest to the artificial disc, based on my description of my pain and his clinical exam. Finally, my pain has subsided and I continue to have the cortisone injections in the facet joint. He did offer surgical treatment, dynamic stabilization (flexible rod), however I cannot undergo any more major back surgery. I will continue with the injections. The only drawback is his one day of week for office visits and an hour or more wait.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

I still have alot of pain in my neck and shoulders. And lower back Want to make a follow up appt.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

I would recommend Dr.Aferzon to anyone in search of a Neurosurgical physician. Other than the wait time in the waiting room, there were no setbacks during my visits. He was very helpful with all my questions, and fully guided me to recovery with frequent updates and personal care. I don't know what experience the previous commenter had with him, but it was obviously different from mine.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Joseph Aferzon's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1989)

AHC