Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Young

I used to see Dr. Young a couple years ago as my PCP and he was absolutely great. I moved out of state and when I returned 7 months ago, I went back to see him and he had completely changed. He had lost his sense of compassion and had become downright rude. When I returned for follow up visits, I made sure to bring a family member with me so his crude behavior could be witnessed and also because I was usually not well not enough to drive myself. I saw him for headaches when I was in between finding a neurologist and he refused to do anything to address my excruciating pain. I do not recommend this doctor. His staff is friendly but it does take a while (~days to 3 weeks) to get an appointment. He doesn't call in prescriptions or refills when you run out - you have to go to his office for that, it's very inconvenient, especially if you're very sick or if you're out of state.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

He's always late, won't do anything over the phone, it takes several days to get into the office and all he does it refer to somewhere else. I've been going to him for years because he is in a great location.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

The guy is a bit of a jerk, but it's his staff that will keep me from ever coming back there again. I can't believe he hired such rude people! They are not helpful and are sometimes rude on the phone with an excuse of "if I do something for you I have to do it for everyone". That's the last thing I want to hear from a professional medical staff. Go somewhere else. There are far better doctors available in Louisville.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I switched doctors because he declined to help/see me when I was experiencing excrutiating headaches...even during office hours. I discourage you from choosing this physician. As a health care professional, I tried to establish a history with this doctor by having annual check-ups, etc. so that he would know me as a person. When I needed help, he blew me off.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Excellent Physician dealing with elderly male. Would certainly recommend. He is both friendly, knowledgeable and has helped me thru several difficult health problems. Ideal location in Middletown, KY.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

Dr. Scott A. Young's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med