Ratings for Dr. Joshua A. Weidman

The best dr I've ever met. Kind compassionate and gentle

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I switched to this doctor on the recommendation of a co-worker. I've been to the office three times, I think. Each time I've had to wait for a very long time to see him. And, each time, I am told there was an "emergency". While I understand that happens, I just don't believe it. I think it's something they just say. I arrange my schedule and make it my business to arrive early for my appointments. Tonight, after waiting 45 minutes, I left and I will not be back. The staff also seems bothered when you ask how much longer you will have to wait. We all have busy lives.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I would be dead if it weren't for the general surgeon at valley hospital,Dr weidman thought he was being overdramatic when I needed to be opened up immediately,I lost three liters of blood and the baby because it was coronial ectopic and he never saw it even after the ultrasound tech showed him,I would be dead because of his stupidity!

Submitted February 28, 2017

I love Dr. Weidman! He happily took me into his care 9 months pregnant after an issue with my ex-OBGYN. He has since delivered my two youngest daughters via C-section with no issues. He and Valley staff took excellent care of us. I was very fortunate! Just FYI - there is sometimes a bit of a wait to see him at the office, but it's worth it.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Horrible first impression experience!! First visit for a consult...waited over an hour (with my one year old) and still was not seen. Many people taken ahead. I was told "the doctor is very busy..." . Then why did they schedule a consultation at that time? Finally walked out. Big waste of time. If that's the first impression, would hate to see the prenatal /childbirth experience.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I have been seen by Dr. Weidman with my third pregnancy which was a scheduled C-section. My other 2 pregnancies were handled by the doctors in the NYC and I didn't want to travel this far any more from NJ for this pregnancy. Dr. Weidman and all his office staff are really great, friendly and caring. The office is very clean and well managed. The questions are addressed timely, the secure phone system with test results/messages is working out great. Dr. Weidman performed my 3rd C-section which was a very difficult case due to the amount of the scar tissue left over from my previous 2 C-sections. This 3rd section, however, was by far the easiest one for me in terms of recovery and pain levels. I was able to get up and get moving in less than 24 hrs after the C-section and never had to take narcotics for pain. I am really grateful to Dr. Weidman for his diligence, skill and professionalism. The office staff are all really caring and pay attention to details. I would highly recommend Dr. Weidman and his practice to future mothers!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I switched OB-GYNs and became a patient of Dr. Weidman's over three years ago, when I was pregnant with my first child. Now, after 2 successful pregnancies and 2 healthy babies, switching to Dr. Weidman was truly one of the best decisions I ever made concerning my health, and my babies' health! He is an outstanding dr. with an amazing staff. Truly a perfect combination! I was pregnant with my fist child at 38 and 2nd child at 40 (advanced maternal age / high risk). Moreover, toward the end of my second pregnancy, I suffered from cholestasis (a somewhat unique condition which can potentially cause an increase in fetal distress and stillbirth). Dr. Weidman successfully diagnosed, monitored (following up with his staff concerning my blood results and next steps even while he was out of the country!) and treated my condition. My husband and I are truly grateful for Dr. Weidman and his staff, and still talk about his outstanding care. Overall, Dr. Weidman is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. He listens to concerns and answers all questions. He effectively explains any and all medical conditions. He spends an appropriate amount of time with me, and gives individual, personal attention to my treatment and care. He returns calls personally if need be, and monitors any medical conditions closely. He is caring and completely committed to the well being of patients. I have a 100% level of trust in his decisions. And, having reviewed his credentials, it's easy to see why (he graduated high school AND college early, was Valedictorian of his college class, is board certified and the recipient of numerous awards, including "Patient Choice" and "Compassionate Dr" awards - I totally get this!). He is the best dr. I have treated with and I absolutely recommend him- you truly are missing out if you don't go to him. And by the way, his staff is equally as amazing- friendly, courteous, professional and knowledgeable. I am very happy I trusted the positive reviews I read when choosing Dr. Weidman and his office!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

couldn't ask for any better doctor. he delivered my son via repeat c section, follows up with my overall health, very humble, he is really there to be at your service he is truly a blessing. never made me feel awkward. With his staff, you couldn't complaint, acknowledges you & makes sure your needs are met. You are missing out if you don't go to him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I can't even begin to explain the excellent care you will receive under Dr Weidman's care. He is a phenominal doctor with an amazing staff. The care you get from him and the entire staff is something i've never seen before. They truly do care and want what is best!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I am a new patient, and already I can tell the difference in quality from my last ob/gyn. Dr Weidman has great communication skills, he made me feel comfortable, and had good sense of humor. I am so happy I trusted the other reviews!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Joshua A. Weidman's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1984)

Oxford