Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Aziz

Excellent doctor and staff. highly recommended. he is the best weight loss doctor in NYC. He helped me lose 40 pounds with some natural injections,

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Aziz is amazing. He wrote a bestselling book (The Perfect 10 Diet). He is the best doctor weight loss in New york City. He helped me lose 35 pounds in 7 months Not only was he great, but the whole staff there is amazing too. He is also very well informed about gaymen health issues, Aware of prep Truvada to prevent HIV, and Gardasil to prevent HPV. Very easy to talk to, non-judgemental. He also did the entire examination himself unlike some other doctors who use physician assistants. He answered all my questions and also asked me things that I had not thought about. he offered a meningitis shot. I would definitely recommend him as LGBT friendly doctor and physician.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I got a call from his VERY discourteous staff about a deductible that I owe (THEY should have called my insurance at the time to find out if I would owe)I told them I couldnt afford to pay it now and to send a bill I was told that COULD NOT be done and it was a "small bill"I was badgered to pay the money on the phone I went for a pain I was having in my calf he poked at my leg once and wrote a prescription I mentioned to him that I was having a hard time losing weight unbeknownst to me that he has written a diet book and could advise me IF he had asked me my diet and if I was working out but he never asked me ANYTHING he told me he wanted to test my thyroid I didnt do it as I knew this was obviously him trying to send business to a vendor I mentioned a stomach issue I was having and I told him the medication I was taking wasn't working anymore and he told me to keep taking it! His bedside manner is HORRIBLE and he practically chased me out of his officevI WILL NEVER recommend this man

Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Michael H. Aziz

Dr. Michael H. Aziz's response
Dear Nas This is Hovrath consulting, managers for the midtown practice. We are very sorry to hear about for your experience at our office. It is the patient responsibility to know their insurance benefits, not the practice. However, we do screen insurance prior to seeing the patients and we inform them of their benefits and any costs before charging them. I checked with the billing department for your particular situation.It turned to be your insurance gave us the wrong information and you were responsible for the amount allowed by your insurance, We totally understand that a $100 was was a lot of money for you, but unfortunately,this is the the contract you have with your insurance, not with us. We do wish all the best.

Submitted March 18, 2015

HORRIBLE!!! Do not go to this doctor! My niece WAS a patient of his and almost died because this doctor is so focused on $$$ in his pockets and those of his cronies rather then patient care. I intend to report him to the board. He will not give you a referral unless you go to one of "his" friends. He did not follow up nor did he do something as simple as a urine test to find out the reason my niece was so ill. My niece did not tell me initially what was going on and when I found out (I am an RN) we had her go to a hospital and she had to be hospitalized for a couple of days. This would have been avoided had he did a proper assessment and follow up. Even other MD's questioned his practices when they found out how long she was experiencing these symptoms. After her hospitalization he lied and told her that the insurance company called his office and she MUST come in. Her being so gullible she fell for it and went in. She is now aware that this was a hoax to bill her insurance!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

I feel as if Dr. Aziz lost interest in me after a time. He sent me to a friend of his for a test (colonoscopy) and I know my co workers were covered for this but because I listened to Dr Aziz, I got a bill for over $500. They found hemorrhoids and he never discussed what they were or what I should do for them. He seems annoyed when I had a question. I am a good patient and not annoying...in my opinion. I don't have many issues and don't take much time. He would ask me every visit what he could do for me even tho' he told me I had to have my thyroid checked every three months. I'd have to say....You told me to have a check on my thyroid and that's why I'm here. I feel like he has lost interest and not paying attention . I had to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

Dr. Michael H. Aziz

Dr. Michael H. Aziz's response
Dear patient This is Hovrath consulting, managers for the midtown practice. We are very sorry to hear about for your experience at our office. It is the patient responsibility to know their insurance benefits, not the practice. We are not responsible for charges that you incurred from other practices. We are only responsible for our charges and happy to help patients with any insurance problems. We can't help patients with insurance problems if they don't inform us. We also call all patients routinely with their test results even if they are coming from specialists. We strive for excellence and we are sorry that our medical care did not meet your expectations.

Submitted March 19, 2015

Terrible customer service overall. Came in for annual physical, told to be prepared for EKG, which was not ready for me when I arrived. Discussed abdominal pains that I had been experiencing 48 hours prior to my already scheduled appointment and Aziz simply wanted to run more tests and charge me more money, which he wanted RIGHT THERE before even moving forward. My overall physical took less than 7 minutes. The staff has a high turnover and is always made up over ghetto delinquents who rarely speak proper English and are completely rude and act as if they rule the roost. It's been one of most unpleasant experiences I've ever had and I hope this reviews prevents others from having to go through the frustration and headache that I've had to endure. Dr. Aziz is not attentive, detail-oriented, concerned, or efficient. He is one of the worst doctors I've ever had and should not be on Madison Avenue, but instead, in the East River.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Aziz for years before he went on to be a regular on national TV. He helped me lose 40 pounds so I was able to get off the blood pressure pills. I am grateful to him for that. He has always been very helpful, compassionate, and attentive. He always addressed all my medial issues. He does take insurance so his office get packed at times, and staff get overwhelmed, but they they always return my calls. I will continue to recommend him to my friends.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Went for allergies, asked for a screening. He said yes, but didn't do it, prescribed me a pill instead, which did work. Refused to make the prescription permanent though, and had me go to the office four more times. Paid $800 out of pocket for visits (such as to learn about my blood panel: 3 minutes) and a funny balance test which yielded nothing. REFUSED TO MAKE THE ALLERGY PRESCRIPTION PERMANENT, scheduling more visits instead (redo blood panel, Hep B shot, echogram). I quit while I still had the money. Staff was quite friendly though.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Horrible! Impossible to even reach them by telephone. Only voicemail that continues to re-route you in a circle with no way to contact the dr's office. You need to go in-person and when you try to schedule, long waits for an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

He has been my doctor for four years. He is fine. His strength is advice on nutrition and lifesyle.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Michael H. Aziz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Russian
  • Arabic
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Japanese

• Univ Of Alexandria, Fac Of Med, Alexandria, Egypt (330-03 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1988)

UnitedHealthcare