Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Dunton

Go elsewhere. Like a robot. Other doctors in this practice have been wonderful but they keep leaving. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on here.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I read the last patients post and am under the impression it was at the very least coached. My injury from Dunton was to my bowel, and the person says they were instructed how to get the bowel out of the way for surgery??? Sorry I am a lucid person..you cannot place your bowel..it is the surgeons resoonsibility to protect their patient, especially under anesthesia when they are at their mercy. Unfortunately for Dunton's patients he has none. I am still...7 years later..surgically dealing w the side effects of Duntons inadequacies. I am assuming the damage he caused me (i had a simple ovarian cyst to be removed..he put a one inch cut in my bowel which was only discovered 11 days later when the feces squirted from my midline incision. I left the hospital a month later in agonizing pain in a wheelchair.) Dunton never even asked ne if there was anything he could do for me, he fluffed me off to another surgeon to get fixed and walked away contentedly having done so. Now 7 years later i deal with emergency surgeries caused by the injuries sustained under his butchery. I live in Broomall, so does Dunton..i have done my level best to tell ALL my friends, neighbors, customers..strangers on the street..at WaWa..EVERYONE..and i am quite verbose..beware of this coldhearted butcher. He may have had the surgical talent long ago, but without an ounce of compassion to accompany it, he falls short of someone i would recommend to minister to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr Dunton. He communicated well. I was very much at ease with him and had every confidence a person could have in him. Surgery went great. The prep before surgery that he requested helped keep the bowel out of the way so there were no problems there. I understand we all want things to go one way and can blame the doctor when there just is nothing else left to do. I really felt Dr Dunton knew exactly what he was doing and he will forever be my hero.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

My mother was a patient of Dr.Dunton since July.2013. She did Chemotherapy, but he decided to rend her 5 treatments out of 7 and switch her to radiation. In january.2014, My mother completed 8-9 weeks of radiation. 2 weeks later in March, She's back in the hospital with the horrible news that her cancer is back for a 3rd time. Dr.Dunton came off very blunt & uncompassionate for her, which pissed me off!! He explained that he wanted her to return to chemotherapy once again. The last week of March.2014, he expressed that the cancer was pretty much everywhere & it was Nothing he could do. It went from, my mother has a few months, to a few weeks, to any day now. She came home April.2nd, she passed away 4 days later. Please do your research & find a better facility & a better doctor that will assist your love one for the outstanding proper care they deserve.!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Dunton is an awful doctor with a terrible bedside manner. Our experience was consistent with the other reviewers. He was arrogant and dismissive when talking to the family about my mothers treatment. When attempting explaining that my mother was dying, we had to corner him while he was doing rounds, drag the information out of him, and he showed no compassion what so ever. Ever y member of our family left with a bad taste in out mouths after talking to him. If he does have any knowledge about how to treat cancer, he will not share it with the family, so you will not know what he is doing. He hides behind his arrogance and forces you to confront him for information. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for care.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

arrogant, unwilling to communicate, unwilling to discuss treatment and medications

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

278,000 hospital bill because Dr Arrogance perforated my bowel during surgery and never bothered to check and see if it had a hole. If Dr. Robert Noone Jr were not such a devoted surgeon and genuinely noble man, I would be dead-he spent 7 hours fixing what Dr. Dunton broke- because he CARED about a human life. Dr. Dunton told me he had a "bad month" -after almost killing me. I understand he could not admit his error, but he could have at least been a little attentive instead of fluffing me off to Dr. Noone. Dr. Noone was the only great thing that happened from this entire year since dunton injured me-I can NEVER repay his devotion to making me whole again-body and soul.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2007

Dunton is arrogant and unwilling to help his patients. Demonstrates an overral refusal to take any genuine interests in his patients as a human being.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2007

Dr. Charles J. Dunton's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1980)

AHC