Ratings for Dr. Marc Russo

He has been treating my husband for chronic back pain, try many treatments to help, and is persistent in helping. Great knowledge and understanding, thanks so much for your help, I know he will get an outcome to help him. God bless you.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Great service from all staff. Dr Russo has been the only doctor who didn't tell me to go away. He has stuck with me, has tried several options to relieve my pain, I am so grateful to him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

This doctor is a disgrace. My appointment went for about 5 minutes. He didn't ask me what my pain levels were, what injuries I had and when I attempted to talk to him and explain about my pain he completely ignored me. I then went to my GP a week later to get my pain medication (I have chronic pain from a spinal injury and have had 2 unsuccessful spinal fusions) and my GP asked me immediately what happened at the pain clinic. He told me that the letter sounded like it was written by a mathematician, that the human element was missing. He said that the letter didn't make sense to him. My GP allowed me to read the letter from Russo and everything that was written was a complete lie. My GP called Russo to ask whether he had discussed the information in the letter with me and Russo lied to my GP and said he had. Dr Russo is dangerous and should not be allowed to continue as a doctor. Even my GP said he would never send any patients to Russo after the report that he received. My GP then sent me to another Pain Specialist who spent 45 minutes with me and helped me greatly. Dr Russo is the most arrogant, rude and disrespectful person I have ever met. Do yourself a favour, don't ever go and see him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr Russo gave me my life back. He is not a Dr who just keeps giving medication for pain. I had been under a pain specialist who just kept adding different tablets. Dr Russo tried several different combinations and patches with no success but he was able to give me the option of a SCS after a pain block. I am so happy my physiotherapist gave me his name. He is the best, he is compassionate and dedicated. I had an issue out of hours and presented to hospital emergency - he took their call late at night. I recommend him to everyone. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I've found that doctors are like any other "service provider" like a lawyer or mechanic. I wouldn't give Dr Russo a billy cart to work on. His staff are excellent, but, they aren't the doctor with "years of medical training." I can train a dog or a parrot also.....

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Worst bed side manner in a doctor that I have ever witness. Misdiagnosed. He told me I would never be cured and that's just life. He diagnosed me by me bending down and touching my toes. Told me I was too young to have any major issues. Was sent for injections without one single X-ray or MRI. Simply appalling behaviour from a so called professional

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Correctly diagnosed within 5 minutes after being misdiagnosed a number of years ago. Prescribed a medication regime and saw great improvement in pain levels within 24 hours. Now pain free and in process of reducing medication dosage.. Dr Russo is highly knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

This doctor has the poorest bedside manner. Was misdiagnosed by him. A waste of money seeing him. Told me I had physiological problems I left in tears. Turns out I have bone spurs, pinched nerves, degenerative disk and in need of surgery. Pain management doctor I don't think so. More like drain every last cent out of you and plays with people's emotions and pain to get you back in his doors.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Trying to find a doctor who could help me with my chronic pain condition I saw doctors in Newcastle, Sydney and even Brisbane. I was told there was nothing wrong with me, go away and lose the weight that I had put on due to my inability to move. If it were that easy I would have done it many years before. The hurt that this caused was profound. My life changed when I met Dr Russo. He told me that it would take time but he promised that he would help me. And he did. Dr Russo is a dedicated, caring doctor who has cared for me over many years. Without his expertise and support I do not know where I would be today. When I first saw Dr Russo I could barely move but today I am able to drive and travel independently. Dr Russo gave me back my life. He pulls no punches but is honest with what he feels he can achieve and 99% of the time he does so. Dr Russo is my doctor but I consider him to be a friend. I know he has my best interests at heart and most importantly he understands.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr Marc Russo has been my nerve pain specialist for about 6 months. He is committed to trying to find a solution to my complex conditions and always polite and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014