Ratings for Dr. Eric M. Orenstein

Over confident. Ignores previous history of surgeries. Arrogant. And admitted during my appt that he was unqualified to read my mri. THEN why did he send me for an mri???? Patronizing to the extreme. Doesn't listen. He's already made up his mind. Can't tell the difference between a tight hamstring and sciatica. Oh, and if you are a female patient you are just overly emotional. Steer clear.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Had bilateral knee replacement. Right leg noticeably knock kneed. He made no comment about it. HE would never allow more than 1 week's worth of hydrocodone, and was out of town both weekends after my surgery and did not return calls requesting renewal of meds. Had to call GP for help until Orenstein returned to office. He never spoke with me after surgery, got more info from anathesiologist who visited me twice. Do not recommend this doctor for surgery of such importance.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

In my stunned opinion I find him Very rude. Very harsh. Gave me a cortisone shot. Called him at 8pm. Called me back promptly. I told him I was in extreme pain. He said he didn't give pain medication. He said,"I told you that your knee would improve in about 3-4 days." So it was acceptable for me to be in extreme pain for 4 days. He said he couldn't just keep giving me pain medication! He never had! I told him that I had to take 2 vicodin for pain. He ignored that. Gave me ten pills to take one at a time. I would never go to this doctor again. He lacks compassion.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Experienced and knowing in joint replacement. He explained what would happen, length of recovery and the amount of pain to expect.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

Knock kneed after surgery, said all girls are.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

Dr. Eric M. Orenstein's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)